Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

Finally got caught up with the season and I'm very impressed.

Narcisse has been excellent.. as expected because Jeffrey Wright is a great actor.

Chalky getting more screen time and story.

Capone and Van Alden getting together.

And Meyer stepping up to partner with Nucky :pimp:

The only criticism is Nucky continues to be a weaker character. I know MrO criticized the show for this in the past but it seems evident right now as I list off the great storylines, I'm not that interested in whatever Nucky is doing. Obviously he's crucial and driving the plot, but the most interesting thing so far is he promoted Eddie :lol:

And I can't take Herc seriously with that hair piece :lol: it's ridiculous

loved the last poker scene with Rothstein, staying at the table while everything is being washed, cards on deck (literally) as if their trying to jup him with a fresh deck plus his skin was paler than usual, great with the makeup there

loved the last poker scene with Rothstein, staying at the table while everything is being washed, cards on deck (literally) as if their trying to jup him with a fresh deck plus his skin was paler than usual, great with the makeup there

Loved that scene. You could feel the frustration and anger emanating from Rothstein :lol:

I told my fiance' that Eddie was going to be that weak link and I was right. I just kept thinking, "Eddie, you hand ONE job."
I'm wondering about Narcisse. He's mad creepy. And we all know he put that girl in Chalky's club b/c he knew Chalky would be interested.

Chalky is a smart guy, he knows what's up with that girl.

Part of me wants to say that Chalky sent Purnsley right back at Narcisse but who knows.

That's a good point also.

Eddie folded like a lawn chair. Knox is not playing around.

SMH. Capone's brother getting done like that right in front of him.

Wow Eddie was backed into a corner I knew he was going to off himself didn't think he was going to throw himself out the window though thought he was going to shoot himself. I am interested to see how Van Alden's character develops with Capone now.... I have no idea what is going to happen with Gilllians character she is a mess and this guy seems up to no good. I am glad that Harrows character is going to be on next week I hope he makes it back to AC soon!

• Lost Eddie and Frank
    mean.gif
  • I had a feeling Eddie was gonna fold, dude was never cut out for that life.
  • mean.gif
    @ Willie dropping dime on Doyle.
    • Not really interested in this story anymore, to be honest.
  • Really interested in what happens with Tommy.  Harrow should be coming back in the picture soon.
  • Out of curiosity I did a wikipedia search on Frank Capone, kinda spoiled what happens next with Al
    ohwell.gif
  • Overall, great episode
    pimp.gif

knew Willie would do that, could always tell he was a frail snitch :smh:

Last edited:
Man, these episode just keep getting better and better. Such a shame that this show has such low viewership.

- Frank got lit up :wow: . Reminded me of Training Day.
- Can't believe Eddie jumped like that. But damn, his penmanship is :pimp:
- I knew that the roommate was going to be setup like that. As soon as Nucky asked who else was in on it, it was a wrap :smh:

Damn good episode.

Was enjoying the bond btw Frank and Alden too. Damn.

Eddie you will be missed. Damn.

The roomate being the scapegoat. Damn straight.

Last edited:
Hate it had to be Eddie : (. Dont think i felt that way about a characters death since Jimmy to be honest. After all he'd been through and he was finally getting the respect he felt he deserved. Sad seeing Knox actually able to break him. He went out with what little loyalty he had left, and Nucky might never know.

Frank Capone was really growing on me, but once I saw it was him or Van Alden he had to go.

Willie snitching was no surprise, but I don't imagine we will be seeing much more of that storyline. @ first it looked like they might be grooming him for a Jimmy type role under Nucky, but that boy is too soft. Nucky wants him in school.

Great episode

Back
Top Bottom