Book Club...What are you reading?

Two Kisses for Maddy by Matthew Logelin. It's pretty depressing 
laugh.gif

i just finished Bloodline by James Rollins. all of his books are highly recommended

starting A Clash of Kings. i want to be at least on book 3 by the time GoT starts up again next year.

reading atlas shrugged by ayn rand
life of Pi is a great book as well
and to those reading "things fall apart" i suggest reading, "no longer at ease" by the same author

That book sucks breh. I couldn't finish it. The best book I ever read is lonesome dove.
U wildin...book was good.

Dude was sick...I found it interesting that he was able to get away with so many murders and not one brow was raised for some time. Especially with the World's Fair so close by.

I heard Leonardo DiCaprio purchased the rights to the book so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with it...seems like it will be in the same vein as Catch Me If You Can...because that Holmes guy was a guy with some serious personality issues.

At least I found the book to be be a great read. Finished it up sometime last fall when I found out DiCaprio would be looking to do a movie adaptation.

Took me about 3 years of playing cards on the regular to understand even half of this book.  Such a great resource, so much info

Some books that impacted me:

Fountainhead - help me appreciate individualism, be proud. Do me. Little slow to start, but picks up. Well-written, had to stop several times to look up words. Book is about 2 architects, one who lives trying to please people, and one whose way of life is to always live by his principles.

The Alchemist - Book about finding yourself, life-lessons, meaning of life. Short, very easy read. Story about a kid who's trying to find his way through life

I Hope they serve beer in hell - In high school I was a simp, this book helped me put girls into perspective. Get the P off the pedestal. Recommend for high-school/college. Author tells his life stories of being a party animal and his different interactions with girls. Good story-telling, very witty, funny (laughed out loud several times)

Finishing up Book 5 of "Game of Thrones." Might give "50 Shades of Grey" a try for the immense popularity.

"Devil in the White City" is a good book, not great. Read that earlier in the summer with high expectations. Lots of "historical tidbits" and the plot isn't suspenseful considering the outcome is predetermined.

Finishing up A Dance with Dragons I've got the Dunk and Egg novellas on deck after that, but I just picked up Shoeless Joe by WP Kinsella and want to read that after. Then I've got a ton of old Heinlein books I want to go through again.

[h1]"Dismantling the Matrix: Serenity for the Surveilled" by Baz Moreno [/h1]

Last edited:
That book sucks breh. I couldn't finish it. The best book I ever read is lonesome dove.

U wildin...book was good.

Dude was sick...I found it interesting that he was able to get away with so many murders and not one brow was raised for some time. Especially with the World's Fair so close by.

I heard Leonardo DiCaprio purchased the rights to the book so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with it...seems like it will be in the same vein as Catch Me If You Can...because that Holmes guy was a guy with some serious personality issues.

At least I found the book to be be a great read. Finished it up sometime last fall when I found out DiCaprio would be looking to do a movie adaptation.
the whole book was about building the fair and where they got their parts from. Boring

Reading Outliers....two chapters left ....Good read I recommend

I've heard a lot of good things about this book, finally ordered it today. I'm reading The Secret to Success by Eric Thomas and Think and Grow Rich right now.

the whole book was about building the fair and where they got their parts from. Boring
No it wasn't...if you're posting about a book that you read and you post inaccuracies about the nature of the story then why post in the thread?

The book was clearly more than just about the world fair and where the parts were gathered...it seems like you read the first chapter or two and put it down.

mean.gif

Last edited:
The Delivery Man by Joe McGinniss Jr.

It's going by way too slow. I'm already at the half point in the book and it's only been what ... 4 or 5 days? Omg.

Back
Top Bottom