BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! (Washington Wizards/NBA fans/haters...check in)

fullj.getty-75873231nd007_media_day.jpg

Time to blow it up....I've said before, that no matter the outcome of this series, the "Big 3" are done in DC. IMO, Jamison will be retained,and of course Butler will still be here. That leaves Gil as the odd man out. I love his game (when healthy) and he is a top 10 talent in the league (again,when healthy), but like the Big 3 Ernie assembled in Milwaukee (Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, and Glenn Robinson), this experiment hasn't produced the resultslike everyone had hoped. I just think that with Gil openly saying that he intends to opt out, the writing is on the wall. If anything we could do a sign andtrade and see what we can get in return. Wizards fans, and also those who follow the NBA, what do you foresee happening here in DC? What could the Wiz get inreturn for Gilbert? Remember he has balky knees....there are plenty of suckers out there who could be enticed by a trade....

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Sinbad needs to go as well.

you know what...I'm actually in his corner...he's done a hell of a job coaching this season considering all the injuries and BS that has surroundedthis team. EJ stepped up his coaching by way of smarter rotations, sub patterns, etc etc....there are a couple of snafu's here and there, but for the mostpart, he has validated himself and earned another year or two at the helm here in DC.

I've been a big non-supporter of EJ, but he made a good impression on me this season.

this probably will not happen but i'm just throwing it out for conversation's sake, but i've heard gilbert wants to re-join the warriors
laugh.gif

Keep Butler, dude is a stud. Jamison would be 2nd on my list, I'm not a big fan of Gil's game.

The team needs a distributor and a more reliable inside presence. Have Caron be your "go to guy" and let him get his 25 ppg.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Sinbad needs to go as well.

you know what...I'm actually in his corner...he's done a hell of a job coaching this season considering all the injuries and BS that has surrounded this team. EJ stepped up his coaching by way of smarter rotations, sub patterns, etc etc....there are a couple of snafu's here and there, but for the most part, he has validated himself and earned another year or two at the helm here in DC.

I've been a big non-supporter of EJ, but he made a good impression on me this season.

I'm still up in the air about EJ. He did a great job this season with all the injuries but there are some things he does that just leaves me scratchingmy head. It seems like he waits way too long to call a timeout when other teams go on big runs, and also half the time it seems like he just lets the guys goone on one or run iso instead of running the offense. The team is WILDLY inconsistent and I think any time that's the case over the stretch of a coupleyears it's a reflection of the coach.

Still though, some of the blame has to go to the players. Eddie seems like he stresses the right things and sometimes the players just don't respond orhave brain farts. For example in 06 when Bron drove baseline for the game winning layup, EJ repeated several times in the huddle "DO NOT GIVE UP THEBASELINE." And lo and behold, Jamison goes out there and gives up the baseline
eyes.gif

We need to keep them together. We have yet to see our full potential, next season could be our chance. I don't see how this team would do any better thanthey did this year without one of the big 3. Gilbert IS DC....i just can't imagine him somewhere else.

Originally Posted by ezeblazin

We need to keep them together. We have yet to see our full potential, next season could be our chance. I don't see how this team would do any better than they did this year without one of the big 3. Gilbert IS DC....i just can't imagine him somewhere else.

This team has reached its ceiling...the big 3 need to be disassembled. IMO, the offense runs a little more fluid through Caron Butler. The Wizards SHOULDbe Caron's team. With Gil on the floor all of the cohesion goes out the window. I think DC's love-affair w. Gilbert is close to being over. We needto build around Caron, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by acidicality

this probably will not happen but i'm just throwing it out for conversation's sake, but i've heard gilbert wants to re-join the warriors
laugh.gif

Yea i heard this too. But i wouldn't want him back, i would honestly rather have Baron.

Eddie Jordan needs to be fired, he did a good job this year but it's obvious he isn't the right coach for the team.

Bring in Tom Thibeou the head assistant coach for the Celtics (who we briefly hired this past summer).

Trade Jamison in a sign and trade for a pick or two. Bring Arenas back. Add more defensive role players and hold Gil accountable for his weak defense. Fineplayers for saying outrageous comments in the media (like Stevenson comments). Get Haywood more shots. Ban Soulja Boy from ever attending a game in the VerizonCenter unless he is the janitor.

Arenas is too young to part with he is a top 3 player in the East along with Dwight Howard and Lebron James. We have to add some defensive players around himand develop a tougher mentality. That starts with the head coach. Tom Thibeou would be the perfect coach for this undisciplined team.

I'd honestly let Gil go first out of those 3. It seems like Jamison and Caron have bought into the team concept and they're flourishing, especiallywhen Gil is OFF the floor. Caron plays hard every play, you can't let a guy like that go.

I actually was daydreaming during the game today about a LBJ/Caron duo: a damn problem for the East if you ask me.

Bio you don't know what your talking about, Haywood is one of the most underrated and underpaid players walking the earth.

A defensive beast, smart player, solid rebounder, great post defender, solid passer, good free throw shooter, and has a decent jump shot. He is neither theproblem nor the solution.

I believe the Wiz should either do sign and trade with Gil or Jamison. Yes, EJ should be fired.

"Ban Soulja Boy from ever attending a game in the Verizon Center unless he is the janitor."

laugh.gif

Lol, This is hes best year out of the 6 he has been on the Wizards. Yeah your right he is underrated with hes whomping 10.6ppg and 7.2 rpg.

Get a real PG.

Nobody will every win anything with a PG like Gil.

Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Marbury....

I mean how many times do we gota go through this to realize teams built around these score first guards will never win a title or advance deep in the playoffs.

Now if you wana be mediocre, get a quick fix and get bounced early....be my guest.
Arenas is too young to part with he is a top 3 player in the East along with Dwight Howard and Lebron James.
Well, that's just not true.

Back
Top Bottom