Brad Lidge is TERRIBLE!

i really appreciate what he did last year but this year....
sick.gif
gonnaprevent us from a repeat

mad.gif

cant trust him against the $^$!% pirates. 5 pitches 3 runs
indifferent.gif

season 0-6 46.2 ip 56 hits 42 r 38 er 9 bs and a whopping 7.33 era

/rant

Originally Posted by dland24

Just goes to show you that anyone can have a fluke good season.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Throwing devastating sliders isn't a fluke. What it shows you is just how inconsistent Brad Lidge is year-to-year.

Lidge was absolutely dominant in 2004, 2005, and 2008. But he was absolutely terrible in 2006 and 2009.

pujols-lidge.jpg

True story since Pujols ended his career. I still remember how horrible he was the rest of the Playoffs that year and the next season too. Still one of themost exciting HR's I have ever watched live on TV.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

pujols-lidge.jpg

True story since Pujols ended his career. I still remember how horrible he was the rest of the Playoffs that year and the next season too. Still one of the most exciting HR's I have ever watched live on TV.

I remember this. Just one of those moments you love seeing as a sports fan and not a personal fan of either team. Everything did a 180 in two seconds. Icould not believe how hard he hit that ball-- unreal.

It's amazing how inconsistent this guy has been. Like what Juan Baller said, he was very good and at times dominant in 2004, 2005, and 2008, but absolutelyhorrible in 2006 and 2009. Maybe the Phillies should have gone after Smoltz and tired to get him to close? I don't know but they better find someoneotherwise they aren't repeating.

^ i was thinking, mccutchend better not land awkward, jumping so high. the kid is the real deal, would look good in a sf giants uniform, haha

yea, i assumed that was a fluke season on lidge's part, but didnt expect him to come back to earth and be this terrible, killing my fantasy team

pujols hr is still traveling, lol

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

of course he is, pujols broke his mind a long time ago.
Maybe for awhile, but the guy was a beast last year and was a huge reason the Phillies won the World Series.

maybe they should do what they did to Myers, send him to the minors for lil. his fastball got no movement and his slider is all over the place. Few times thisyear, when he did pitch good, we forget how to play D
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
. It's just not his year
tired.gif

Yeah Lidge is having a bad year hopefully dude can get it right in the playoffs or else they might try to put Myers in dudes spot but I doubt that.

it's too late for him to get it right, he's had all year. September is less than a week away.

got down checking the boxscore
laugh.gif
...just when you think he'sturning the corner
eyes.gif
he blows another slave
smh.gif

[table][tr][td]B Lidge
(L, 0-7; B, 10)[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]21-9[/td] [td]7.15[/td] [/tr][/table]
zjz1h2_th.jpg
zjz1h2_th.jpg
zjz1h2_th.jpg
zjz1h2_th.jpg

Back
Top Bottom