BrandBlack

No problem!

Initially, I wanted to say that I enjoy the Future Legend more but yes the bulk is somewhat of a negative.  Especially, since my favorite shoes to ball in are Kobe XI Elite Lows and Kobe A.D.s  I really enjoy the Rare Metal Thunder and I have the Weartesters X Brandblack edition which is better than the RMT.  Next up, I'm going to try the Rare Metal Lightning because it was confirmed to have a lighter upper and improved grip on the traction.  That traction only lasts me about an hour because of those damn dusty courts at 24 Hour Fitness.  Now that's where the Future Legend excels because of the spacing of the outsole tread.  If I could combine that outsole design with the Rare Metal, holy crap! 

Gotcha! Yea I figured the Rare Metal would win. I will have to give them a try when they drop to the $30.00 range like the J Crossover 3 did (if it gets that low). I already have the J Crossover 3 and now the Future Legends so I want to run those to the ground hopefully before they drop in price a little bit. I really don't want cushioning that is lower than the Future Legends but if it's not THAT much lower and won't bottom out then I should be fine with the Rare Metals. I love traction in the FL so much, never have to wipe even on dusty courts.

The only knock I have with the FL (other than bulk) is that sometimes the rubber of the outrigger and outside will literally bend under my foot when cutting hard or playing hard defense and shifting. Not sure if I need to size a half size lower (would be uncomfortable with to my toes), but the fit of the Rare Metals looks very tempting.

Anyone owns the original J Crossovers? How's the performance and how do they fit?

I have the JC 2.5 lows and they fit perfect and super snug in a 8.5. Could I go to a 9 in the original J Crossovers?

Anyone owns the original J Crossovers? How's the performance and how do they fit? They fit tighter than the newer versions. Cushion setup isn't as nice either.

I have the JC 2.5 lows and they fit perfect and super snug in a 8.5. Could I go to a 9 in the original J Crossovers?

Anyone owns the original J Crossovers? How's the performance and how do they fit?

Not sure what material the upper is made of, but it doesn't give very much. They're much more snug to me than its predecessors. I go down .5 size in JC2,3,Vector and Mirage. Tts in the 1 is more snug than .5 down in those. I don't have the 2.5s though.

Nightwing posted a detailed look at the FL Low

I don't own the mid but it seems there's a lot of differences.. hoping the performance review comes out soon but he's hesitant to play in them because they're roomier than the mid

Man I want these because they use BlackFoam. I love the BlackFoam in my JC3 but I also love the Jetlon EVL in my Future Legends. They ride low to the ground but still have bounce. I also like the thickness of my JC3 BlackFoam so I'll be interested to know how it feels in the Future Legends Low.

I also know that Jetlon EVL is BlackFoam but 20% thinner I think.

Looking forward to grabbing some future legend lows. Do we have confirmed release dates yet?

Got my Legend lows Wednesday - go TTS, or even half down. The upper is very thin on the woven and pliable, so any extra room causes wrinkles and bubbles over the foot. Blackfoam is crazy - if you have the jc3 or ether it feels better - no cage so it starts off sites and broken in. They do ride higher than the Rare Metal.

IMG_20170721_143124_816.jpg

I can't wait to cop these once they drop in price. I am going to destroy my mids so that I can make these my main ones and save the mids for outdoor/carpet floor use.

Looking forward to uncaged BlackFoam. That's the only downside to my JC3 is that you have to pound the foam downs bit before it softens after not playing in it for a while.

Thanks for the snapshot/info Bryan

Legend lows have my attention... biggest thing for me is having the forefoot knit tight enough so it keeps me over the footbed.

Thanks for the snapshot/info Bryan

Legend lows have my attention... biggest thing for me is having the forefoot knit tight enough so it keeps me over the footbed.

Same, that's my only real complaint with these is you have to crank them pretty to get a more secure feeling and to alleviate the "floaty" feeling of the shoe over your foot. It's definitely not the most form-fitting, but the hefty outrigger more than makes up for it. Kind of reminds me of the Kobe I a bit...

I really dig the white/black pair of the jigsaw camo Rare Metals... just a really clean look to play in.

However, I won't pick any more of the model up because traction holds me back... It's a shame because everything else is nearly perfect on the shoe for me! The courts I frequent are just too unpredictable and I need something a little more reliable traction-wise.

If anyone is interested, DSG has $15 off shoes that are $69 or more. Brings rare metals to under 100 before tax

Gotcha! Yea I figured the Rare Metal would win. I will have to give them a try when they drop to the $30.00 range like the J Crossover 3 did (if it gets that low). I already have the J Crossover 3 and now the Future Legends so I want to run those to the ground hopefully before they drop in price a little bit. I really don't want cushioning that is lower than the Future Legends but if it's not THAT much lower and won't bottom out then I should be fine with the Rare Metals. I love traction in the FL so much, never have to wipe even on dusty courts.

The only knock I have with the FL (other than bulk) is that sometimes the rubber of the outrigger and outside will literally bend under my foot when cutting hard or playing hard defense and shifting. Not sure if I need to size a half size lower (would be uncomfortable with to my toes), but the fit of the Rare Metals looks very tempting.

Can I ask what size you went with for your FL and RM? And what would you consider your foot shape to be (wide, narrow, etc).

Im thinking about ordering a pair online since no retailers in my area carry Brandblack.

Thanks

I really dig the white/black pair of the jigsaw camo Rare Metals... just a really clean look to play in.

However, I won't pick any more of the model up because traction holds me back... It's a shame because everything else is nearly perfect on the shoe for me! The courts I frequent are just too unpredictable and I need something a little more reliable traction-wise.

If anyone is interested, DSG has $15 off shoes that are $69 or more. Brings rare metals to under 100 before tax

Yeah, I had on my WT rare metal yesterday playing at 24 and drove the lane off a crossover. Went to plant and my right foot went completely out. Turnover. Switched to kd10.

The lateral outrigger on my right pair (my usual step back planting foot) Mauve Future Legend has broken off sadly. The outriggers tend to be quite pliable I felt, like they'd bend under the shoe at times.

Can I ask what size you went with for your FL and RM? And what would you consider your foot shape to be (wide, narrow, etc).

Im thinking about ordering a pair online since no retailers in my area carry Brandblack.

Thanks

I would say I have a normal foot shape. For reference, I wear a 10 in the Kobe 9 but wish I would've gone down to a 9.5 for a slightly more snug fit (got them off Craigslist and just really wanted a pair). They're still awesome, just have to crank a little tigther. I have 9.5 in the JC3 and those fit perfectly like a glove, as well as 9.5 in the Future Legends. I could see going down .5 in the Future Legends, but like the Kobe 9, I've actually found I am happier with slightly more toe room As long as I have lockdown in mid foot and heel areas I'm fine (actually like having more toe room now that I'm getting older and slower).

For the Future Legends, if you want a tight snug fit go down half size. If you a little toe room stay with your normal size. I've heard ppl say go down in the JC3, but after having broken in mine for a while and then conform to the shape of my foot, I couldn't even fathom going down half size....

The lateral outrigger on my right pair (my usual step back planting foot) Mauve Future Legend has broken off sadly. The outriggers tend to be quite pliable I felt, like they'd bend under the shoe at times.

I've been dealing with this as well in my Future Legends and it gets annoying at times. The solution for me has been to tie them a little tighter and the outrigger wouldn't have room to bend under my foot because of a less sloppy fit. I've found that I can nearly tie them as tight as I want to and feel absolutely no lace pressure or cutting off of circulation because of the padding. You can tell this was meant to be a big man's shoe with guards slightly in mind, but I still love them. I might like the JC3 just a little more, but can't wait to try the Future Legend lows regardless.

Back
Top Bottom