BrandBlack

Yeah, I had on my WT rare metal yesterday playing at 24 and drove the lane off a crossover. Went to plant and my right foot went completely out. Turnover. Switched to kd10.
I've been curious if "roughing up" the outsole just a little bit on the RM by playing outdoors on concrete/blacktop/hardcourt would help at all.

Had you tried this at all?

I've been curious if "roughing up" the outsole just a little bit on the RM by playing outdoors on concrete/blacktop/hardcourt would help at all.

Had you tried this at all?

Yeah, I wear them casually every once in a while. Kd10 was great on the same floor.

I would say I have a normal foot shape. For reference, I wear a 10 in the Kobe 9 but wish I would've gone down to a 9.5 for a slightly more snug fit (got them off Craigslist and just really wanted a pair). They're still awesome, just have to crank a little tigther. I have 9.5 in the JC3 and those fit perfectly like a glove, as well as 9.5 in the Future Legends. I could see going down .5 in the Future Legends, but like the Kobe 9, I've actually found I am happier with slightly more toe room As long as I have lockdown in mid foot and heel areas I'm fine (actually like having more toe room now that I'm getting older and slower).

For the Future Legends, if you want a tight snug fit go down half size. If you a little toe room stay with your normal size. I've heard ppl say go down in the JC3, but after having broken in mine for a while and then conform to the shape of my foot, I couldn't even fathom going down half size....

I've been dealing with this as well in my Future Legends and it gets annoying at times. The solution for me has been to tie them a little tighter and the outrigger wouldn't have room to bend under my foot because of a less sloppy fit. I've found that I can nearly tie them as tight as I want to and feel absolutely no lace pressure or cutting off of circulation because of the padding. You can tell this was meant to be a big man's shoe with guards slightly in mind, but I still love them. I might like the JC3 just a little more, but can't wait to try the Future Legend lows regardless.

Appreciate the feedback. Thank you

Yeah, I had on my WT rare metal yesterday playing at 24 and drove the lane off a crossover. Went to plant and my right foot went completely out. Turnover. Switched to kd10.
This is why I can only play in the older Rare Metal models for one hour. After that, they've become caked with the dust/dirt on the 24 Hour Fitness floors and become skates. I'm eager to try the new Jigsaw-Camo with the improved outsole compound. Ordered my pair last Wednesday from DSG but have since been notified of two delays and the new expected arrival day is next Friday. Come on, DSG. No wonder I usually stay away from them.

i've been playing with my JC3 and I really love those - i sized down and it fit perfect -
im a 9.5US TTS and I bought / wear a 9US in JC3

so i need your experience and advice

I recently bought a Future Legend from the revolve sale but
a 10US future legend in size because that is the only available size
so do you think I will be fine playing in a .5 size up from my 9.5US TTS ?

or It will be dangerously long that I should just give or sell the 10US FL that i bought?

chime up thanks.

My JC3 is one of my top 5 hoop shoe - after I play a game, I made sure to clean it and wash it

I really dig how the Delta is such a polarizing design and that it is pushing boundaries. I am also skeptical of it being 100% suitable for intense hoops, but I hope I'm proven wrong!

Curious when those Futurelegend Lows will drop as well

Purchased the brown/navy Future Legend lows. So i'm looking forward to doing a comparison between the lows and the regular version.

Also, I noticed, the FL "MIDS" are actually the same heel cup height as the Kobe IV's which is considered a low. Only difference is the inner sock attached.

Purchased the brown/navy Future Legend lows. So i'm looking forward to doing a comparison between the lows and the regular version.

Also, I noticed, the FL "MIDS" are actually the same heel cup height as the Kobe IV's which is considered a low. Only difference is the inner sock attached.

I would appreciate your review. I've already started playing my in Future Legend Mids on carpet floors because I've pretty much already made up my mind that I'm getting the lows anyway (plus I still have the JC3s)

Got them in today. I'm a size 9.5 overall but a size 9 in these was a good call. Traction was biting like a mo. I have wide feet and my right medial side did pinch a little but this is something with me that happens in alot of models and it ends up going away. Theres slight deadspace at times just below the last set of lace holes. Knit is nice, sturdy. Ventition holes on toe box and some of the side panel. BlackFoam was noiiiiiice. Hope the lateral outrigger isnt as pliable as OG Future Legend. These are my first impressions.

Fit/size wise...these are more of a 1:1 feel compared to the FL Mids due to predominantly knit upper.

Attachments

• IMG_2902.JPG
    IMG_2902.JPG
    317.4 KB · Views: 30
Got them in today. I'm a size 9.5 overall but a size 9 in these was a good call. Traction was biting like a mo. I have wide feet and my right medial side did pinch a little but this is something with me that happens in alot of models and it ends up going away. Theres slight deadspace at times just below the last set of lace holes. Knit is nice, sturdy. Ventition holes on toe box and some of the side panel. BlackFoam was noiiiiiice. Hope the lateral outrigger isnt as pliable as OG Future Legend. These are my first impressions.

Fit/size wise...these are more of a 1:1 feel compared to the FL Mids due to predominantly knit upper.

Thanks so much, can't wait to cop!!! Is the BlackFoam better than the Jetlon EVL in the OGs? Does it feel like the JC 3 BlackFoam?

Has anyone else gotten a chance to play in these yet? Really curious as to how they feel, especially compared to the originals. It’s gonna be tough between these and the Rose 8.

Mine are too big, not sure if I could play and give a good, honest review. The rose 8, however, are beast. Materials suck, but performance is nice.

Uncaged BLACKfoam at the heel and midfoot are NOICE. I'd say the OG are just a little bit more plush but it does feeel niceeee. Not low low to the ground feeling but I had no problem with the court feel playing as a Guard. Upper is def better to fit and feel than the OG Mids. Upper is all just one piece so if you're the type to CHOKE ur laces.. you may feel a slight slight pressure near the top of the foot. The ride is niceeeee and the traction BITES. Only problem I have wit the traction is that they're not the usual BRANDBLACK blue bottoms. Lockdown is still the same.. just not as hard to get on anymore without the sock. Sizing wise.. I was a 9.5 in the rare metals and I went with a 9 in these and they were a great choice.

Compared to the Rare Metals.. these are like just a SMIDGE below the jacquard of the Rare Metal Thunder/lightning. These are a bit softer but still offer good support and they just encase my gargantuan feet.

I have a really wide right foot on the lateral side so I did feel a slight tinge at the 1st times I did drillls in these but it went away. These have happened to me with the Jordan XX8's as well...and it all went away.

Overall.. since i seem to be more of a low-top guy.. I'd go with these Future Legend lows. The cushion's performance does not suffer with the replacement of Jetlon Plus with that of BLACKfoam coz it is NOICE. Traction is still beastly. I once stated that my top 3 in my rotation were the Harden Vol. 1 , The Future Legend Mids and the Jordan XX8. I"ll have to change it now to the lows instead of the Mids.

Also, I believe I'll receiving my Brand Black Deltas by next week.. Went with a 9.5 since I didn't know what sizing it would follow.. but looking forward to playing in those as well.. I have not anticipated playing in a shoe in a while like I have for the Deltas.

Back
Top Bottom