BrandBlack

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-10 at 12.35.44 PM.jpeg
100$ for both today. Cant wear them till summer

Hows the fit on these?

I have three pair of Rare Metals, Thunder, Watercolors and Liquid metal. I've only played in the Thunder, which I love, but they all fit differently

Thunder fit me near perfectly. They're a bit wide in the forefoot but other than that, they're great.

Watercolors, in the same size, are a bit tight all around. The upper is stiff so I'm gonna try to wear em around the house to see if they break in, but I might have to sell them.

Liquid metal, which were delivered about an hour ago, fit perfectly. It feels like my foot sits a bit deeper into the shoe if that makes sense. Feels very secure. I'm hoping I get to play in them this weekend.

I have three pair of Rare Metals, Thunder, Watercolors and Liquid metal. I've only played in the Thunder, which I love, but they all fit differently

Thunder fit me near perfectly. They're a bit wide in the forefoot but other than that, they're great.

Watercolors, in the same size, are a bit tight all around. The upper is stiff so I'm gonna try to wear em around the house to see if they break in, but I might have to sell them.

Liquid metal, which were delivered about an hour ago, fit perfectly. It feels like my foot sits a bit deeper into the shoe if that makes sense. Feels very secure. I'm hoping I get to play in them this weekend.

I have the Thunders, Jigsaws, and Lightning’s. The Lightning’s fit way better than the Jigsaw and the Thunder and Lightning fit closer to the foot. The Lightning’s fit the best out of all of them.

I think Oladipo was rumored to wear them (since he was both in the dunk contest and the All Star game), but I thought he was with Jordan brand. Does he have any sort of contract with them? I know he wore the Extra.Fly last season and apparently those were kind of a "sig" for him.

I think Oladipo was rumored to wear them (since he was both in the dunk contest and the All Star game), but I thought he was with Jordan brand. Does he have any sort of contract with them? I know he wore the Extra.Fly last season and apparently those were kind of a "sig" for him.

He wore 32 lows this weekend

Why don't think just improve on the rare metal model. Like give it update traction and more padding on the tongue? Seems like brandblack dont kno what direction to go with their bball line.

Has anyone who has been playing in the Rare Metals for a while ever experienced any bottoming out or loss of cushioning? They're so low to the ground but they feel great and bouncy and I just wonder how they're able to pull that off without the cushioning eventually bottoming out. I've been playing in my Jigsaws and Thunders for a few weeks and they just have that nice worn in feel with great cushioning (also have the Lightning's but I am "saving" those for indoor court games where I need top performance with best fit). The cushioning on my Jigsaws I've noticed is a bit "softer" and more comfy. The Thunder and Lightning's have a firmer feel but still feel bouncy and low to the ground.

Has anyone who has been playing in the Rare Metals for a while ever experienced any bottoming out or loss of cushioning? They're so low to the ground but they feel great and bouncy and I just wonder how they're able to pull that off without the cushioning eventually bottoming out. I've been playing in my Jigsaws and Thunders for a few weeks and they just have that nice worn in feel with great cushioning (also have the Lightning's but I am "saving" those for indoor court games where I need top performance with best fit). The cushioning on my Jigsaws I've noticed is a bit "softer" and more comfy. The Thunder and Lightning's have a firmer feel but still feel bouncy and low to the ground.
I have the Lightning model and I haven't experience complete bottoming our or loss of cushioning but I have notice a little cushion loss. This shoe isn't super cushion to begin with so I can see how some cushion loss might affect some people after a while. I notice a lot of compression lines in my midsole which I assume is a visual evidence of the loss of cushioning. I don't know if is a coincidence but last week, I did notice some knee and leg soreness later on in the day and the day after my ball session.

My favorite thing about this shoe is not the cushioning tbh. I like the fit of the shoe very much, it is the best fitting shoe that I've ever worn. The thing that I like after that is the cushioning because it provides some cushioning while being low profile which helps me feel quicker. The traction is decent, I started out wearing lightnings indoor then after awhile I wore it outdoors. So far outdoors, I is holding up fine but I see a tiny bit of wear and tear. I also think the tongue could be better too, it droops down too much for me because of how thin it is.

I have the Lightning model and I haven't experience complete bottoming our or loss of cushioning but I have notice a little cushion loss. This shoe isn't super cushion to begin with so I can see how some cushion loss might affect some people after a while. I notice a lot of compression lines in my midsole which I assume is a visual evidence of the loss of cushioning. I don't know if is a coincidence but last week, I did notice some knee and leg soreness later on in the day and the day after my ball session.

My favorite thing about this shoe is not the cushioning tbh. I like the fit of the shoe very much, it is the best fitting shoe that I've ever worn. The thing that I like after that is the cushioning because it provides some cushioning while being low profile which helps me feel quicker. The traction is decent, I started out wearing lightnings indoor then after awhile I wore it outdoors. So far outdoors, I is holding up fine but I see a tiny bit of wear and tear. I also think the tongue could be better too, it droops down too much for me because of how thin it is.

Thanks for the reply! Yea the fit and cushioning are both highlights for me as well. The only version I had fit issues with is the Jigsaws, they fit long (especially if you wear low cut thin socks). The Thunder and Lightning have a similar feel but I think those fit just a tad long as well, not enough for me to size down but they do have a lot of toe space. The lockdown from the heel on back is great as well. I’m hoping these hold up indoors since I have 3 pair. I really like the Jetlon in these, I’m fine with it losing a little height because that is inevitable, I just hope I’m not hitting the floor after a few months because the foam has thinned out lol.

Thanks for the reply! Yea the fit and cushioning are both highlights for me as well. The only version I had fit issues with is the Jigsaws, they fit long (especially if you wear low cut thin socks). The Thunder and Lightning have a similar feel but I think those fit just a tad long as well, not enough for me to size down but they do have a lot of toe space. The lockdown from the heel on back is great as well. I’m hoping these hold up indoors since I have 3 pair. I really like the Jetlon in these, I’m fine with it losing a little height because that is inevitable, I just hope I’m not hitting the floor after a few months because the foam has thinned out lol.
It will definitely hold up indoor. I've been using my lightning outdoor for more or less an estimate total of 12 hours with only slight signs of wear in the traction pattern. I also used it indoors for a more than 12 hours before I started using it outdoors.

Last edited:
So something weird with the Jetlon in my Lightning’s....

I can’t feel it! I have the Thunder and the Jigsaw and the Jetlon feels amazing in the Jigsaws (really thick and soft), feels a little less noticeable in the Thunders (still feels good though and is noticeable ), but in my Lightning’s the midsole is really firm and I can’t feel the Jetlon at all like the others. I’ve played in them to where the midsole should be plenty broken in (even ran some miles in them) so I’m not sure why the midsole is so firm.

Kind of a bummer that each shoe is a mixed bag for me:

-Thunder has durability issues with the outrigger coming off, along with worse traction.

Lightning - Can’t feel the Jetlon

Jigsaw- They fit longer and don’t have as great of lockdown as the other two.

Still love them but I wish they all played the same and didn’t have to decide “what I need most at the time” before choosing a pair to play in.

So something weird with the Jetlon in my Lightning’s....

I can’t feel it! I have the Thunder and the Jigsaw and the Jetlon feels amazing in the Jigsaws (really thick and soft), feels a little less noticeable in the Thunders (still feels good though and is noticeable ), but in my Lightning’s the midsole is really firm and I can’t feel the Jetlon at all like the others. I’ve played in them to where the midsole should be plenty broken in (even ran some miles in them) so I’m not sure why the midsole is so firm.

Kind of a bummer that each shoe is a mixed bag for me:

-Thunder has durability issues with the outrigger coming off, along with worse traction.

Lightning - Can’t feel the Jetlon

Jigsaw- They fit longer and don’t have as great of lockdown as the other two.

Still love them but I wish they all played the same and didn’t have to decide “what I need most at the time” before choosing a pair to play in.
Very interesting, I only have the lightning so I can't compare to the other models. But I think you are right, I felt the lightning has a firm responsive ride. Although I never really thought that It lacked cushioning until I used it a lot and tons of mid sole creases started to developed. When it was still fresh/early on, I did have a few times where I had some hard landings but I didn't think too much of it because I assume it was my landing mechanics.

Very interesting, I only have the lightning so I can't compare to the other models. But I think you are right, I felt the lightning has a firm responsive ride. Although I never really thought that It lacked cushioning until I used it a lot and tons of mid sole creases started to developed. When it was still fresh/early on, I did have a few times where I had some hard landings but I didn't think too much of it because I assume it was my landing mechanics.

Yea, sounds like we have the same experience (at least with the Lightning’s). With my other pairs you can feel some a subtle bounce with some impact protection.

Ironically, right after posting this, I see on David’s Instagram (the founder of BrandBlack) that they’re working on an improved foam.

Can’t wait...

Yea, sounds like we have the same experience (at least with the Lightning’s). With my other pairs you can feel some a subtle bounce with some impact protection.

Ironically, right after posting this, I see on David’s Instagram (the founder of BrandBlack) that they’re working on an improved foam.

Can’t wait...
That’s really weird thanks !

Alright im new, what are the differences of the Rare Metal
Thunder
Lightning
Jigsaw

I have these 2 colorways that I alternately play indoors, i love both and it works the same.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Alright im new, what are the differences of the Rare Metal
Thunder
Lightning
Jigsaw

I have these 2 colorways that I alternately play indoors, i love both and it works the same.

1.JPG

2.JPG

So the cushioning worked out for you? The difference between the Thunder and the Weartesters is slightly wider fit and improved traction on anything released after the Thunders. The cushioning should also be softer in the Weartesters/Jigsaws. These are the 2 colorways you have...

The Lightning is the one in the middle of the 2 you have. The Lightning has the best fit out of all of them as they are tighter around the foot and less dead space. In my experience the cushioning is somewhat firmer in the Lightning, meaning you can’t feel the cushioning as much as you can in the Jigsaw/WearTesters models.

Back
Top Bottom