BrandBlack

Weren't the yezzy qntm $250(not being sarcastic I legit don't know) if so it could be that BB views them self in that same space. There shoes now just look like high fashion sneakers.
duke40 duke40 if you end up writing a review please post link here or let us know thanks.

bigdeav410 bigdeav410 i haven’t gotten them yet and, to be honest, at $250, I’m not sure I will.

Understood $250 is a high price tag. I assumed that the shoes would be given to you to review. Do you have any insight on why they thought $250 was a fair price?? Its not the most expensive shoe in there catalog but it is one of the most expensive.

rfx45 rfx45 thanks for the response - That’s honestly what I was looking for. We actually turned off the comments on the written reviews/website to try to stop the trolling (it was getting bad - especially from other reviewers). And I agree - KG may have been the most athletic ever to do reviews. It’s just bad now because the basketball market is it booming so not as much money or views in it so a lot of the other channels quit doing performance reviews.

i figure the lack of performance reviews atm is due to the pandemic

i figure the lack of performance reviews atm is due to the pandemic

from us yes - from others it’s just a changing of the market I think. It’s weird to see how far basketball has fallen in sales when the sport is still booming.

from us yes - from others it’s just a changing of the market I think. It’s weird to see how far basketball has fallen in sales when the sport is still booming.

When you say falling in sales do you mean all basketball related products and content is just not selling anymore?

When you say falling in sales do you mean all basketball related products and content is just not selling anymore?

yes, exactly. In 2015 the Washington Post was writing about the boom in basketball, billions of dollars spent on lebrons, kd’s, Kobe’s, and as of last February the basketball slice went from 13% total share in 2015 to less than 5% now. With that, some “reviewers” who were into the money more than the shoes have followed trend and stopped performance reviews. Which, honestly, if it don’t make money why spend time on it.

People got really into runners and yeezys around that time, from what I remember. Fascinating, I didn’t think money was the main incentive for performance ball shoe reviews.

yes, exactly. In 2015 the Washington Post was writing about the boom in basketball, billions of dollars spent on lebrons, kd’s, Kobe’s, and as of last February the basketball slice went from 13% total share in 2015 to less than 5% now. With that, some “reviewers” who were into the money more than the shoes have followed trend and stopped performance reviews. Which, honestly, if it don’t make money why spend time on it.

I remember that article. Consumers are spending more on casual shoes and not shoes specifically designed for basketball. Much more Yeezy's and other shoes versus typical basketball shoes.

its the athleisure trend and running shoes just became more popular and the pandemic helped as running was mostly the only activity you could do and being comfy (and stylish for ig) became much more appealing

as for $$$ from bball shoe review, to a lot of people on yt its their main source of income so i see why they'd have to change what gets the most views, nw has mentioned it in some vids that nike/jordan vids just gets more views than some chinese brands thats no one has heard of but i appreciate that he does put a spotlight on those brands too

i think theres also an incentive to keep viewers for 10min so i started seeing a lot of vids hitting that mark and it was annoying because start to just put fillers in there, i remember foamer did that for a while and didnt even show the shoes he was talking til like the 4-5min mark and it was frustrating to watch and i think he noticed and gone back to shorter vids and right up to the point

Who do you enjoy watching that is better? And I think the king of the Zoom BB worship is Schwollo, but maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to convey.

Yea you misunderstood what I was trying to convey with that example.

I just mentioned zoom BB as an example I wasn’t saying that NW had actually said that about that specific shoe.

I’m absolutely not about to engage in a debate with you about who is better when you’re biased and work for NW.

Hard pass 🤣

Kinfolk Kinfolk - no debate at all, just asking what style or voice or videos you find better/more engaging. Seriously curious to what the public is gravitating towards. No worries though - keeping it cool.

I like NW, I respect his knowledge on shoe history. I can tell he has a love and passion for it and I look forward to his reviews.

I listen to him, Jahronmon and Hoop and Life for reviews. I also read Schwollo for reviews.

I don’t have any gripes with NW, he’s passionate and gets irritated by comments and perspectives. It’s natural.

I’m glad to see that he got the wife involved, I died when she first appeared and they called her “Mrs. Wing” in the comments!:rofl:

Kinfolk Kinfolk - no debate at all, just asking what style or voice or videos you find better/more engaging. Seriously curious to what the public is gravitating towards. No worries though - keeping it cool.

Well yeah if you’re not trying to convert or convince me that NW is the best, to me he’s definitely not...

The problem with NW is the stuff mentioned previously in the thread but also it got to a point with him where he clearly had an axe to grind with his viewers ans some brands.

To me you aren’t gonna get anywhere if you’re constantly talking s*** to the people who are giving you views on YouTube. On one hand you want to interact with viewers but there’s gotta be some restraint in trying to battle negative feedback either in the comments section or with some terse diatribe in a video. It got to a point where I would be watching his content and I’m like just shut up and talk about the shoe bro nobody cares what you think beyond that.

You mentioned Schwollo... his format is preferable because he gets straight to the point, we don’t have to hear from his wife, and he gives buying advice as far as when he thinks the shoes will be cheapest and if you follow him on other socials he will alert you when something like a Harden is $60. Not to mention you don’t have to deal with annoying ads or have to think about if he’s just giving a good review because a brand sent him the shoe or something like that.

Foamer Simpson got away from doing performance reviews a while ago but I liked his style and liked that he would update later down the line if a durability issue arose. Bonus points because he and his brother were legit hoopers putting in a ton of time on the court.

There’s these two guys that are brothers based in the UK. Last time I checked they were kind of under the radar but their reviews were on point and entertaining.

There was also a filipino guy that I think was playing semi-pro ball overseas who is corny as hell but his reviews are helpful.

There’s a few others that are good but the names are escaping me right now because I haven’t looked at reviews in almost a year due to the pandemic.

*Edit*
Just saw the post above The filipino guy is Hoop and life. He’s solid.

Jahronmon is good too. Still curious as to what the events were surrounding his departure from WT. Looks like he’s doing well for himself working on content directly with the NBA though.

Well yeah if you’re not trying to convert or convince me that NW is the best, to me he’s definitely not...

The problem with NW is the stuff mentioned previously in the thread but also it got to a point with him where he clearly had an axe to grind with his viewers ans some brands.

To me you aren’t gonna get anywhere if you’re constantly talking s*** to the people who are giving you views on YouTube. On one hand you want to interact with viewers but there’s gotta be some restraint in trying to battle negative feedback either in the comments section or with some terse diatribe in a video. It got to a point where I would be watching his content and I’m like just shut up and talk about the shoe bro nobody cares what you think beyond that.

You mentioned Schwollo... his format is preferable because he gets straight to the point, we don’t have to hear from his wife, and he gives buying advice as far as when he thinks the shoes will be cheapest and if you follow him on other socials he will alert you when something like a Harden is $60. Not to mention you don’t have to deal with annoying ads or have to think about if he’s just giving a good review because a brand sent him the shoe or something like that.

Foamer Simpson got away from doing performance reviews a while ago but I liked his style and liked that he would update later down the line if a durability issue arose. Bonus points because he and his brother were legit hoopers putting in a ton of time on the court.

There’s these two guys that are brothers based in the UK. Last time I checked they were kind of under the radar but their reviews were on point and entertaining.

There was also a filipino guy that I think was playing semi-pro ball overseas who is corny as hell but his reviews are helpful.

There’s a few others that are good but the names are escaping me right now because I haven’t looked at reviews in almost a year due to the pandemic.

*Edit*
Just saw the post above The filipino guy is Hoop and life. He’s solid.

Jahronmon is good too. Still curious as to what the events were surrounding his departure from WT. Looks like he’s doing well for himself working on content directly with the NBA though.

Kinfolk Kinfolk What video did he go at his viewers? Not debating that it happened or sticking up for him I don't watch every single review and would like to see it for myself

Kinfolk Kinfolk What video did he go at his viewers? Not debating that it happened or sticking up for him I don't watch every single review and would like to see it for myself

Dude’s acting like NW blackened his eye

1612389594614.gif

:rofl:

Kinfolk Kinfolk nah, no convincing - in my mind I’m the best reviewer but I have a face for radio so I stay away from YT. Plus I’m getting too old and I’m unrelatable as I’m losing my athleticism.

we did have to turn comments off on the site though - there were a couple of other reviewers that were getting really out of line with comments (kids, wives and such) and then making claims that we were getting paid and on the take from Under Armour - right after we both trashed the curry 5. You wouldn’t believe some of the stuff said to us - OVER SHOE REVIEWS.

All good here though - seems like you like the same guys I still watch. (Nelson on Hoop and Life is a really cool guy in person and Jarron and I still talk a couple times a month).

1612389594614.gif

duke40 duke40

See this guy’s response is what I wanted to avoid lol.

Can’t say anything on here without someone being convinced that it’s personal.

But I think with the pandemic putting a stop to hoops for me, it’s made me realize that I don’t need new hoops shoes so frequently. I’ve got plenty. Definitely not ramping up and buying too many once we reach heard immunity.

1612389594614.gif

I don't know what you mean but the image is funny 😂.

duke40 duke40 you know its all part of the internet world wish it was not but it is.

I like that his wife & son is on the show by the way shows growth and to me it represents the transition a part of his fan base is going through. But hey im old some of yall might not have family's yet and just see it as tell me about the damn shoe. When I want that I turn to the written reviews. And I got to give Duke40 his props he does a good one.

Back to the RM2 was just on BB IG live and they said it will be 2oz lighter that the RM1(10.oz vs 12.6oz). And they talked about the price said they will be releasing a more affordable shoe soon but because they have not done a hoops shoe in so long this was there big comeback. And that this is more of a halo car like the Lexus LFA super car. Also said they are already sold out and on back order so they doing something right (still don't love the price) also said shoe is made for guards and bigs not just guards like og RM

I also asked them to bring back the Lando's

I try to watch every review I can when I’m looking to buy a shoe. I like to have a consensus on certain aspects. I do give duke40 duke40 and schwollo the final word lol. I’m an old head with bad knees. I also watch sneakergearz but I do question if he actually hoops in the shoes lol.

duke40 duke40

See this guy’s response is what I wanted to avoid lol.

Can’t say anything on here without someone being convinced that it’s personal.

But I think with the pandemic putting a stop to hoops for me, it’s made me realize that I don’t need new hoops shoes so frequently. I’ve got plenty. Definitely not ramping up and buying too many once we reach heard immunity.

I know that it's strict around here but we can't even joke?

I was joking.

And you're right, we don't need that many hoop shoes but you and I both know that we're going to want the latest and greatest that come out.

I've stocked up and a must waiting for gyms to re-open!

I've now realized that I don't need 4-6 basketball. Now I'lol just get 1-2 pairs...

Depending on the price! :rofl:

Since we're on the topic, I really don't understand why so many people get butt hurt about an opinion of a shoe's performance. I give my opinion based on my experience. I'm not telling anyone that they will have the same experience and I surely won't tell them that their opinion is wrong. I've had so many people come at me and tell me that I'm wrong and I just laugh and thank them. I've had people try to do their utmost to prove to me that my opinion is either wrong or invalid. Uh, okay... thank you? LOL
I honestly am not a heavy YT watcher but I do watch bits and pieces, for entertainment value, or to see if some aspects are mentioned but ultimately it's my feet and my body that will tell me if I'm going to enjoy something. Shoes are awesome though. :emoji_thumbsup:

nw hurt again cuz nike didnt send him the cosmic unity saying nike might afraid of him even though it looks like nike only sent it to one youtuber (kustoo) which lend him the shoes... but its like one of those things that if i were the brand and you’re begging for free shoes to test out then i aint gon send you anything :lol:

and maybe, just maybe nike doesnt value his opinion as much bb does? they got a bunch of testers themselves that they dont care what he really think and he might be taking it too personal and thats the kind of thing he could just leave out of his vids

rfx45 rfx45 Nike is the ONLY brand that never sent much of anything at all. They KNOW people will buy there shoes regardless of what my (or anyone’s) review says. I was actually told that by a PR manager about 5-6 years ago. Even Jordan hooked us up with some serious stuff but no Swoosh.

which is why i wonder why nw had to talk about em if he knew that and with him being in the “game” for so long he acts like its new

seems like pre-pandemic, he still got invited to some events though along with ua and adidas

and honestly, seems like kustoo got a pair because he just has much closer relationship with nike and worked with them in some projects iirc so i dont know why nw is sour about it

Back
Top Bottom