BrandBlack

I just got my black/red JC3 in from Finish Line. These are AMAZING looking and feeling. I can't wait to get more colorways.

I played in the JC3s today, first impression is the shoe has good traction and the fit is great, the lacing is simple and the lockdown is better than the JC2, the shoe feels more sold than the jc2 but it is a heavier shoe than the jc2.

I noticed the materials made my feet feel quite hot something i havent noticed in a shoe in a while, i also noticed the toebox is easily stained but the same can be said for any textile upper. So far so good I dont feel as negative on the black foam, its better than the jordan 29 for cushion and i still felt the shoe was light enough to make quick cuts and running up and down.

The weigh in ...

View media item 1902186View media item 1902187View media item 1902188

Last edited:
8)
So after compiling all the comments above, JC2 is still superior?

I wouldnt say lightness is always best, if its Brandblack your after then I would suggest trying the Force Vector textile upper. These seem to have a better containment than the JC2 and its the same midsole/outsole so better cushion than the JC3.

View media item 1902944

Last edited:
8)
So after compiling all the comments above, JC2 is still superior?

I wouldnt say lightness is always best, if its Brandblack your after then I would suggest trying the Force Vector textile upper. These seem to have a better containment than the JC2 and its the same midsole/outsole so better cushion than the JC3.

View media item 1902944

No, only taking the aesthetics, price and performance into account. I have a tan leather vector and a blackout jc2. I'm using my research here for a purchase for jc3.

8)

View media item 1902944

I was just going to say this.
I have the red Vectors, but I haven't even tried them on yet.
$120 is definitely an appealing price for the JC3's, but I really wanted the blue pair.

It's unfortunate that they couldn't get any exposure at All-Star Weekend.

It is...but you gotta pay to play. Way too early in the game for Brandblack to compete with dollars UA, Nike, and Adidas will be throwing around this weekend. An underground viral campaign woulda been dope though

Last edited:
It is...but you gotta pay to play. Way too early in the game for Brandblack to compete with dollars UA, Nike, and Adidas will be throwing around this weekend. An underground viral campaign woulda been dope though
I just meant releasing an All-Star edition shoe, or having one of their athletes in one of the events (3-point, dunk contest, skills competition)

I just meant releasing an All-Star edition shoe, or having one of their athletes in one of the events (3-point, dunk contest, skills competition)
They're supposed to be releasing the Triple Black Colorway this week. Finally. I'd take that over an all star colorway.

So now the Triple Black will be full price, while the majority of the other colorways are at a good sale price.
Yeah it hurts 
frown.gif
. Thats only colorway I've wanted this whole time.  Their release schedule has been pretty crappy.

I also want to try the JC2 lows but those seem to be a secret lol.

Got to give the people what they want.

Yeah it hurts 
frown.gif
. Thats only colorway I've wanted this whole time.  Their release schedule has been pretty crappy.

I also want to try the JC2 lows but those seem to be a secret lol.

Got to give the people what they want.
It always seems like they just release all the colorways at once and that's the end of the model.

I have been searching for the all black j crossover 3 the whole week and I can't seem to find it online. Where can I find them? Or is it exclusive to in stores only? That would be disappointing as I do not live in the US. I'm excited though with the white and black coming this week and will definitely buy a pair of the all blue maybe next month

I don't know why they're taking so long with the lows.  A few months ago and I probably would have picked up a pair right away.

They released a bunch of 3's before even one pair of 2 Lows.  Now, I don't mind waiting until the Lows sit and go on sale.  Hell, I don't even mind passing altogether.

It's a bit confusing to the average consumer that they release the JC3 and then release the JC2 low and the JC2.5. What does that mean for the future of the JC3 low?

Finally broke out the mesh FVs.
View media item 1913109View media item 1913110My first impression is that the cushioning seems a lot more firm on these than the JC2s or even the leather FVs.
The mesh seems rigid, even more so than the leather pair, especially in the toe box area.
I was concerned that it would bother my big toe, but I forgot about it after a few minutes.
Anyone that doesn't want to wait for the JC2 lows might want to give these a try.

Came across this on Instagram
The only new pair of Brandblack I would buy in an instant.  I have about 6-7 pairs of the JC2's, so its kind of like a life time supply. I play almost every day, but these things never die.

The Ethers are interesting..i'd definitely consider.  It must be brutal to be such a small company.  They have done an amazing job designing and building on court kicks and yet they still can barely roll them out.  I'm sure cashflow is really tough.  

The only new pair of Brandblack I would buy in an instant.  I have about 6-7 pairs of the JC2's, so its kind of like a life time supply. I play almost every day, but these things never die.

The Ethers are interesting..i'd definitely consider.  It must be brutal to be such a small company.  They have done an amazing job designing and building on court kicks and yet they still can barely roll them out.  I'm sure cashflow is really tough.  
That colorway of lows would be a must for me too... hoping it's not just a sample

Back
Top Bottom