BrandBlack

Got a sizing question for people who can help:

I'm wondering what size would be best for Rare Metals and Future Legend mids. Price is low enough to justify getting them haha.

For reference, I wear:

9.5 in JC2, Lillard 1, Lillard 2, Crazylight Boost 2016
10 in Jordan XX9, Kobe VIII-XI, Melo 11, KD8

Cool, thanks. For both shoes? I was leaning towards 9.5 for Rare Metal, not sure about Future Legend.
What Gundam said.

I’m a 10 in Nikes and a 9/9.5 in Adidas depending on the model.
For reference, 9.5 - Crazy Explosive ‘16, Dame 4... 9 in the Harden Vol 1

In Brandblack I went with a 9.5 in the Rare Metals and the Future Legend Mids. I coulda went down maybe half for a really snug fir but I like just a lil bit wiggle room in my fit.

IMG_20171203_095038~2.jpg

copped on cyber monday for $100, gonna need the other colorways too

Do Rare Metals and FL Mids fit the same?
No. The Future Legend has a wider fit. It's not a massive difference but I know people with narrow feet that prefer the fit of the Rare Metal. I have multiple pairs of Rare Metals and one pair of the Future Legend and love the wider fit as well as the improved traction because of the outsole design.

For some weird reason I always end up with back pain when playing in the Future Legend Mids. There is definitely cushioning when I bounce in them so I’m not sure what is going on, but when I play in my JC3 Mids I don’t have any back pain (or nearly as bad). I didn’t think having low to the ground cushioning was bad for me since I could still feel the bounce in them slightly after playing in them for months but maybe I was wrong

For some weird reason I always end up with back pain when playing in the Future Legend Mids. There is definitely cushioning when I bounce in them so I’m not sure what is going on, but when I play in my JC3 Mids I don’t have any back pain (or nearly as bad). I didn’t think having low to the ground cushioning was bad for me since I could still feel the bounce in them slightly after playing in them for months but maybe I was wrong

A little bit weird indeed, but I think what you're saying about them being low to the ground has merit.

I played some multiple nights, league + pick-up in the JC2 and swear my legs/back/joints have never felt better. I think no matter what, playing a lot of ball will give you those pains (no shoe's going to necessarily save you from the stress you put on the body). However, I could tell that I felt a little more pain/soreness from longer sessions in those. Anyway, to your point, I think the thickness can make some what of a difference.

Haven't laced up BB in a while but I still dig my jc2 lows and rare metals. Curious to see where this brand goes aside from the Big Baller stuff...

A little bit weird indeed, but I think what you're saying about them being low to the ground has merit.

I played some multiple nights, league + pick-up in the JC2 and swear my legs/back/joints have never felt better. I think no matter what, playing a lot of ball will give you those pains (no shoe's going to necessarily save you from the stress you put on the body). However, I could tell that I felt a little more pain/soreness from longer sessions in those. Anyway, to your point, I think the thickness can make some what of a difference.

Haven't laced up BB in a while but I still dig my jc2 lows and rare metals. Curious to see where this brand goes aside from the Big Baller stuff...

Curious, so you're saying that playing in those shoes gave you soreness as well ("However, I could tell that I felt a little more pain/soreness from longer sessions in those")...?

Looking like I might have to find a good Boost shoe or something that offers thick foam cushioning AFTER breaking the shoe in. Something that frustrates me is the cushioning systems that start out thick but then get so thin after breaking in the shoe that it doesn't feel nearly as close as to what they felt like a week prior. I hate that feeling...

Curious, so you're saying that playing in those shoes gave you soreness as well ("However, I could tell that I felt a little more pain/soreness from longer sessions in those")...?

Looking like I might have to find a good Boost shoe or something that offers thick foam cushioning AFTER breaking the shoe in. Something that frustrates me is the cushioning systems that start out thick but then get so thin after breaking in the shoe that it doesn't feel nearly as close as to what they felt like a week prior. I hate that feeling...
Yea so for me, since the rare metals sit so low, my body takes a little bit more of a beating, it isn't terrible though because I feel like Brandblack's cushion blends are pretty resilient. Definitely a trade off type of thing if you want fantastic court feel. I think everyone sort of has to dial in on how much of a balance they want between court feel/impact protection. I usually prefer a little more court feel over the impact protection but I know there are shoes out there with good balance. Typically brandblack shoes give you that, but yeah you may want to give boost a try. I like Adidas Bounce cushion too. A good Micro G setup from UA can be excellent as well. Just some thoughts

Back
Top Bottom