Brands that embrace diversity

I've just started messing with Nike again, just a few years ago. LeBron is a huge reason why. Since Nike got with Kaep, that solidified the deal with me, along with the Black Lives Matter comment coming from Mark Parker with the in house letter. I like that Nike jumped ship from Trump Tower in Manhattan as well. Shrewd move no doubt, as Nike has never had an outspoken, seemingly conscious Black man on their roster before Bron. I've met Mike, and he hires brothers in his organization, but he has never said anything publicly. Bron has. I support him as a Black man. That said, Nike has only one mistake to make with me, and if they do it, I'm out. So far, they are doing all right.

Cut it out.

All brands are the same. All racist.

Cut it out.

:lol:

I hate the overuse of the word racist.

Race has nothing to do with it.

They don't care about your race.

They don't even know you.

They care about making the most money.

They will slaughter their own for the profit.

See Papa John, Donald Sterling, Roseanne, ect

i just hope and pray no racist **** surfaces in connection with RL.

god knos i simply dont have the strength to stop wearin my pieces. hell, @ least 70% of my entire wardrobe is LO.

i just hope and pray no racist **** surfaces in connection with RL.

god knos i simply dont have the strength to stop wearin my pieces. hell, @ least 70% of my entire wardrobe is LO.

Same for me, but it also shows that we real power and influence in the way we allocate our purchasing dollars. We just have to use it.

:lol:

I hate the overuse of the word racist.

Race has nothing to do with it.

They don't care about your race.

They don't even know you.

They care about making the most money.

They will slaughter their own for the profit.

See Papa John, Donald Sterling, Roseanne, ect

Yeah, racism doesn't exist and white supremacy doesn't exist.

Btw horrible examples.

Cut it out.

I didn't say that they weren't. My thing is, I support who supports me. LeBron is being treated well by NIke, not forcing him to back away from the stance he has taken. Mark Parker released his internal memo, not that I trust it, but it spoke against the current administration in the White House. Cool. White Supremacy is still in effect, no doubt, but until we are in control of all things Black, there is a decision to be made.

I didn't say that they weren't. My thing is, I support who supports me. LeBron is being treated well by NIke, not forcing him to back away from the stance he has taken. Mark Parker released his internal memo, not that I trust it, but it spoke against the current administration in the White House. Cool. White Supremacy is still in effect, no doubt, but until we are in control of all things Black, there is a decision to be made.

Nike wants that black money. They already invest in the Prison Industry Complex. That alone shows you what side they're really on. LeBron is lost, please dont bring him up. Anybody whose preaching "unity" aint really for the cause.

giphy (9).gif

‘Mitt Romney voice’ Corporations are people too.

But all jokes aside, all these companies priority is their bottom line and if trying to come off as being morally right is beneficial to that, they’ll do so.

Some companies are better than others admittedly and give credit when they do, while some companies have made statements and done things which make them look funny in the light to the point where it’s understandable if someone chooses to not rock with them.

Thank you, this is why i'm at a loss for words with everyone bashing Travis Scott about performing the SB, while simultaneously promoting or buying from brands who also don't mess with black people too heavy. It's the most hypocritical **** ever.

down to the basics of everyday use like Toothpaste, cleaning products, the gas station you go to.... all of these companies have a LONG list of ****ery going on, but everyone wanna go at his neck for doing a damn performance. A bunch of ****** with Diamonds on talking about not supporting the NFL becuse they don't support black people :rofl::rofl:

Nike wants that black money. They already invest in the Prison Industry Complex. That alone shows you what side they're really on. LeBron is lost, please dont bring him up. Anybody whose preaching "unity" aint really for the cause.
Nike wants black money and white, asian money, no surprise there. To be politically astute, one must recognize the many factors surrounding oppression, and then who is with you. I will bring up LeBron because I can see him. However, I cannot see you. You can take Clarence Thomas, I am choosing John Brown.

Thank you, this is why i'm at a loss for words with everyone bashing Travis Scott about performing the SB, while simultaneously promoting or buying from brands who also don't mess with black people too heavy. It's the most hypocritical **** ever.

down to the basics of everyday use like Toothpaste, cleaning products, the gas station you go to.... all of these companies have a LONG list of ****ery going on, but everyone wanna go at his neck for doing a damn performance. A bunch of *****s with Diamonds on talking about not supporting the NFL becuse they don't support black people :rofl::rofl:
You know the answer though. Alot of people want to be on the right side of things so they say what is the thing that will get them least criticized esp online. I see so much stuff online that sounds good that you rarely see cats say offline. That's why I take certain things as folks just trying to fit in.

It's usually not that there isn't truth in what they are saying just that if you take the hardline stance some do it will have you looking like a fraud at the end of the day because as you said it's so much stuff that is grimy. As I see from some post in this thread some also just like brands that pander to them even if they don't mean it.

down to the basics of everyday use like Toothpaste, cleaning products, the gas station you go to.... all of these companies have a LONG list of ****ery going on, but everyone wanna go at his neck for doing a damn performance. A bunch of *****s with Diamonds on talking about not supporting the NFL becuse they don't support black people :rofl::rofl:

What blows my mind on this one is that people are tearing Travis Scott a new one, yet no one is saying **** about Big Boi performing in that same Super Bowl.

Talking about he didn’t get Kaps co-sign and what not as if Kap pays his bills. From what I read, he talked to Kap about it (which he had no obligation to do), Kap didn’t rock with it, but they agreed to disagree. I guarantee you that a portion of the ppl ****ting on Travis Scott will curiously tune into watch the game at some point especially if it’s a close game. Props to those who are consistent and don’t though.

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism

The NBA ownership shouldn't get credit for being marginally less worse than it's NFL counterparts.

Betsy DeVos’s father-in-law owns the Magic, Dan Gilbert is exploiting the city of Detroit to his own benefit https://deadspin.com/cleveland-cavaliers-owner-dan-gilberts-nba-championship-1782375100, Clay Bennett got his money from being a big time scammer and polluter https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...cam-behind-aubrey-mcclendons-gas-boom-231551/, and lets not forget had that vid not come out Donald Sterling would STILL be an owner right now.

Besides making yourself feel better about your own consumption habits, in the grand scheme of things "woke capitalism" does nothing.

Last edited:
There is no ethical consumption under capitalism

The NBA ownership shouldn't get credit for being marginally less worse than it's NFL counterparts.

Betsy DeVos’s father-in-law owns the Magic, Dan Gilbert is exploiting the city of Detroit to his own benefit https://deadspin.com/cleveland-cavaliers-owner-dan-gilberts-nba-championship-1782375100, Clay Bennett got his money from being a big time scammer and polluter https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...cam-behind-aubrey-mcclendons-gas-boom-231551/, and lets not forget had that vid not come out Donald Sterling would STILL be an owner right now.

Besides making yourself feel better about your own consumption habits, in the grand scheme of things "woke capitalism" does nothing.

What about the Sixers involvement in helping Meek Mill?

I believe "woke capitalism" can make difference, y'all may not. The whole economy is based on consumer spending.

Didn't the Robert Kraft support Meek Mill too? Does that mean the NFL is not bad as you thought?

What's the opposite of virtue signaling? Like when someone is self congratulatory for their awareness being on a "higher" level than the next person

Or is that just a different form of virtue signal?

Back
Top Bottom