Breaking: Chrysler closes operations starting December 19th...

...until January 19th or maybe even longer.

UAW workers will still be paid but all plants will be closed to conserve money. Just heard it right now on CNN,
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Chrysler just reported by closing operations they have enough money to last them through the first quarter of 2009 (March 09), but if they don't receivefunds from Congress or Bush, they will have to go into liquidation. GM is the worse of the 3, they don't have enough money to last through the end of thisyear and Ford is in the best shape out of the 3, they have enough money to last to till end of 09.

I don't like Chrysler cars so I don't really care about that, but more people without jobs can only hurt our already struggling economy.

So... can we expect these cars to hit clearance?

I'd so cop a cross fire.

laugh.gif
and these UAW workers STILL getting paid?

MANNNNNNNN I cant WAIT til' I get out to the docks and make that longshoreman welder UNION money
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I feel bad for the workers. As for the company: Oh well.

UAW workers will still be paid but all plants will be closed to conserve money

Are you sure about that? The UAW is one of the reasons (there are many more, but the hold some of the blame) the bail out will never go through. The bentthe big three over in the 80s, now they don't want to give up any power. Eventually, all that power will be lost. Once the big three declares bankruptcy,all of their contract (included their pact with the UAW), leases, deals are voided.

The UAW are pretty much banking that Government will go soft and cave in to the bail out. That way, they keep their power, and they continue to stick it tothe big three.

Bad business model.
Bad leadership.
Bad products.

Peace out. Let a new company build up and take that market share and create new jobs.
That's capitalism.

Back
Top Bottom