Breaking: Chrysler closes operations starting December 19th...

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

^uhhh MB no more bud.... nice try... and ya.. boy dodges, plymouth, eagle... all GREAT VEHICLES.... haha

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Oops, messedup one one thing.

I know Dodge's are great, but Chrysler owns them, so great job being hypocritical

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I feel bad for the workers. As for the company: Oh well.

UAW workers will still be paid but all plants will be closed to conserve money

Are you sure about that? The UAW is one of the reasons (there are many more, but the hold some of the blame) the bail out will never go through. The bent the big three over in the 80s, now they don't want to give up any power. Eventually, all that power will be lost. Once the big three declares bankruptcy, all of their contract (included their pact with the UAW), leases, deals are voided.

The UAW are pretty much banking that Government will go soft and cave in to the bail out. That way, they keep their power, and they continue to stick it to the big three.

There could have been a loan/bailout (whatever you want to call it) but when the UAW was brought to the table to negotiate a deal they walked away. They wouldrather let the people they represent go unemployed rather than take a pay cut.

Originally Posted by seaner23

i thought they always closed up shop around december...nobody is buying cars at christmas time. am i wrong?

Your correct, its just this year they will be closed two weeks longer. Not as bad as it seems.

You know the country is backwards when people are surprised that a poorly managed company is failing. An even more tell-tale sign is that people actually wantto keep them around!

In America: If your business is bad, you're going to fail. No bailout nonsense is supposed to happen in AMERICA.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
and these UAW workers STILL getting paid?

MANNNNNNNN I cant WAIT til' I get out to the docks and make that longshoreman welder UNION money
smokin.gif

^^^And this is exactly why everyone hates on GM, Ford and Chrysler. In reality they probably hate the union much more then the actual companys.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Bad business model.
Bad leadership.
Bad products.

Peace out. Let a new company build up and take that market share and create new jobs.
That's capitalism.
Agreed. And others will gain market share and pick up a lot of the folks who lost their jobs faster than people think.

Problem is, it is guaranteed Obama will bail them out. After all, the unions made "significant" campign contributions.

Good. Let 'em close. They make a bad product and have poor management. In any other sector there would be no mercy. Darwinism in business is whatcapitalism is all about.

it would suck to own a american car if they do end up shutting down.. getting parts would be a hassle

Chevy is still good right?

if so then im good!

impala
carlo'
tahoe
avalanche
malibu

im gooooooooooooooooood.

Back
Top Bottom