Breaking: Gentry Humphrey Headed Back to Jordan Brand

So much I was waiting for that he's going to ruin. Blk/red and CG XI's, Infared VI's, CG IV's..

af26f1eaaf0403a4433397bbab3bf88c.gif

He wanted OG materials changed, OG colors, and Branding. I passed on the 2011 Bordeaux, Met 5s, Black Cement 3, and True Blue. Was elated when they were all remastered. They’re going backwards now.

This is really bad news. His vision and direction of the company was trash. He wanted to “protect the collector as a way of thanking them for sticking with the brand in its early stages” by not releasing the kicks in their truest og form. Now I can respect that to a certain extent but the fusions and retro plus pairs and just 2009 overall was awful under his direction and I’m disappointed he’s back. All I can do is hope he doesn’t go back to those previous ideals of his

If worst comes to worst at least we got:

WC IV
BM V
Maroon VI
BC III
Blk/Red XII
Chicago XIII
Blk/Red XIII
Blk/Red I
Blk Toe I
Blk/Royal I
Aqua 8

Etc etc
All fairly good OG retros for recent standards. Fingers crossed though that Gentry doesn't still have that same tired *** mindset that he did in the mid to late 2000's. I was looking forward to getting shoes like the black infrared 6's, Blk/Red 11's, etc as close to OG form as Jordan brand is willing to make them since I wasn't around for the actual originals back in the day.

Anyone who looks down on the youth is bad for business. The youth want the OG look just like the old heads do. Millennials and generation Z will have most of the current buying power if not already. The customers let their voices be heard when they passed on the True Blue 3 with bad quality. With more brands going at Jordan’s base, pissing anyone off would just cause their sales to decline even more. Taking the Nike Air logo off wont work the same way it did in 2003 when the amount of folks buying was less than half what it is now.

I’m all for garbage retros. I have everything I need now. I could live without the temptation to re-buy pairs I already have.

meh

if he wants. make em release the cool grey 4's

other than that he can do what he wants since I won't be buying stuff for much longer

Anyone who looks down on the youth is bad for business. The youth want the OG look just like the old heads do. Millennials and generation Z will have most of the current buying power if not already. The customers let their voices be heard when they passed on the True Blue 3 with bad quality. With more brands going at Jordan’s base, pissing anyone off would just cause their sales to decline even more. Taking the Nike Air logo off wont work the same way it did in 2003 when the amount of folks buying was less than half what it is now.
I think you bring up the best point that they can't get away with shorting us like back then.

Back
Top Bottom