Breaking: Gentry Humphrey Headed Back to Jordan Brand

2022 white cement 4
D60A5D59-90D0-41C7-8608-CC695891F665.jpeg

I think there might be a little over reaction here. Screw Gentry and what he has done in the past. I truly believe he is not gonna play that huge of a role in JB decision making. Nike Air isn't going away. And his logic about OG collectors don't matter anymore. They already have released too many Js to squash that. Gentry is not gonna come back to JB and say "stop all that". Don't put him on that kind of pedestal.

I think there might be a little over reaction here. Screw Gentry and what he has done in the past. I truly believe he is not gonna play that huge of a role in JB decision making. Nike Air isn't going away. And his logic about OG collectors don't matter anymore. They already have released too many Js to squash that. Gentry is not gonna come back to JB and say "stop all that". Don't put him on that kind of pedestal.

"I want to protect the remastered line collectors"

as the VP of footwear he will have a huge say in the direction of JB footwear. Doesn't seem like you quite understand that.

It's funny earlier today I saw the new boxtag on the OG Shadows releasing in April and thought what a Gentry move. 0]

You guys are killing me. This guy is not going to change the course. Yeah he is the scapegoat for all the past and maybe rightfully so. But JB and Nike have already made up their mind on what they are going to do. The more we put it on Gentry, the higher we hold him. And we shouldn't at all. He is nothing more than an average collector with a big title within a brand we all love. Too much stock is being put into this guy. Nike don't give af about his opinions/thoughts, they want money. Period.

You guys are killing me. This guy is not going to change the course. Yeah he is the scapegoat for all the past and maybe rightfully so. But JB and Nike have already made up their mind on what they are going to do. The more we put it on Gentry, the higher we hold him. And we shouldn't at all. He is nothing more than an average collector with a big title within a brand we all love. Too much stock is being put into this guy. Nike don't give af about his opinions/thoughts, they want money. Period.
You speak of Nike and JB as if they're people making decisions. VPs of footwear and PLMs are the actual people that create the vision and execute the strategy. So yes, Gentry can effect change in many ways.

Now will he make changes that we won't appreciate, who knows, people change. But as you mentioned this is all about money and he's ultimately going to make decisions so that they hit their goals.

Do you guys really think he said " hey put a bad paint job on those Aqua 8s " in 2007? No, its what Nike as a brand decided to do not realizing the effect. They went cheap, and everyone has to blame a one guy for that. Its not just one guy, Its Nike as a Brand is whats to blame. They went cheap.

Horrible! :smh:

All he ever gave us was bad quality releases, ugly colorways, & some very bad products like AFJ’s, Dub Zero’s, Six Rings etc...
Thunder/Lightning Pack was cool, & Holiday 11’s too, but even a broken clock is right twice a day! :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom