BREAKING NEWS: Dallas TEXAS officer shoots UNARMED man FOUR TIMES in airport

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Shots-Fired-at-Dallas-Love-Field-382501881.html

A man who threw rocks at a car driven by the mother of his children was shot several times outside Dallas Love Field Airport Friday afternoon after lunging at a police officer, authorities say.
The incident started a domestic disturbance outside baggage claim between the woman and man, citing a preliminary investigation, according to Randall Blakenbaker, Asst. Police Chief of the Dallas Police Department's Special Investigation Unit.
Police said the man threw rocks at the woman's vehicle, smashing several windows. When officers tried to intervene, they said the man lunged at them. That's when one of the officers fired at the man, striking him four times, according to Blakenbaker."

:smh: :smh:
Thoughts

Last edited:
the cop doesn't shoot and that guy gets the cops gun then all kinds of lives are in danger

NT loves to side with fools acting reckless, act like a normal person and you don't get shot

Why even go through any type of risk assessment training in the academy if all you got do is pull out the gun and blast. Makes no sense

Why even go through any type of risk assessment training in the academy if all you got do is pull out the gun and blast. Makes no sense
I also think they rely on guns way too fast. After seeing the guy has a rock in his hand, switch to pepper spray or a taser.

But it all comes down to I really think a lot of cops really just want to shoot somebody

Wait, so the guy was throwing rocks at someone's car, which broke the windows, then the cops tried to intervene, and because he lunged at them, he ended up being shot 4 times? Unless I'm missing something, it looks like the situation was for once handled well. Maybe they could've just shot him once, or depending on the amount of cops (let's say 4), they probably could've subdued him with actually killing him. Puzzled as to why this thread was made based on all of that, other than to get a reaction out of people whose attention could have gone elsewhere on a legit issue dealing with cops really in the wrong.

Last edited:
They should have just aimed and shot his madula ablongada off so he wouldn't be so angry

Shooting at Dallas Love Field airport caught on harrowing video.
"The Dallas Police Department said that the incident began as a domestic violence situation where a man assaulted a woman, causing an officer to intervene, according to a local reporter.

The man reportedly charged the officer with a rock in hand. Witnesses told WFAA that the man shouted 'shoot me, shoot me'  to the officer."

https://www.rt.com/usa/346162-shooting-dallas-love-field/

Wait, so the guy was throwing rocks at someone's car, which broke the windows, then the cops tried to intervene, and because he lunged at them, he ended up being shot 4 times? Unless I'm missing something, it looks like the situation was for once handled well. Maybe they could've just shot him once, or depending on the amount of cops (let's say 4), they probably could've subdued him with actually killing him. Puzzled as to why this thread was made based on all of that, other than to get a reaction out of people whose attention could have gone elsewhere on a legit issue dealing with cops really in the wrong.
How does throwing rocks warrant lethal force? Does the US police force not have tasers or pepperspray? Even if he lunged at the cops with a rock, that's not grounds for lethal force.
Shooting is the absolute last resort over here, as it should be. If a cop here were to shoot in that situation he'd get indicted.

Last edited:
According to the witness who recorded the video above, the man was shot while on the ground as well. The man shot was described an African American male with dreads.

I'll wait for more details but horrible situation, really hope their kid didn't witness that go down.

The victim was a Black African American man. The shooter was a white officer :smh: in Texas :smh:
When will this stop :smh:

Cops need to learn how to fight with their hands instead of having to pull the trigger every damn time

Yeah, physically attacking cop is not threatening his life. If the cops squabble game is weak, they've got tasers and pepper spray. Why the hell would you lunge at cops anyway

How does throwing rocks warrant lethal force? Does the US police force not have tasers or pepperspray? Even if he lunged at the cops with a rock, that's not grounds for lethal force.
Shooting is the absolute last resort over here, as it should be. If a cop here were to shoot in that situation he'd get indicted.

I didn't watch the video cause I can't right now, but just based purely on that paragraph in OP's description, it sounded really bad, so it seems like that's something they had to do. But if the vid shows something way less exaggerated, then I'll definitely feel different about it. But you really would think tasers would be of first use, but cops are so used to brandishing guns that it's almost innate behavior

Whatever happened to using batons?
Police officers need to use better judgment...so quick to pull out a gun.

What's protocol for officers if someone is charging at them with a weapon in hand?

Probably would still be alive if he didn't make a move on the cop.

I got sucker punched by a cop for drinking in public so i would imagine charging at a cop with a rock would get you shot. 

The victim was a Black African American man. The shooter was a white officer :smh: in Texas :smh:
When will this stop :smh:

Cops need to learn how to fight with their hands instead of having to pull the trigger every damn time

Their hands though? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom