Bruh, I dont think im ever getting married

Two words. Offshore account :smokin

Don't understand why all these idiots have joint bank accounts when they get married. Keep that ish separate

Last edited:
I said it the last three times this thread popped up

Raising kids is the ONLY incentive for a man to get married. (and to a lesser extent tax filing)

I'll wait here patiently while someone gives me just ONE other excuse

INB4 someone chimes in with the comforts of being with someone for life (news flash you can do that without getting married)

I don't want to get married bc I'm scared not a lot of people will show up.

I want a kid more than i want marriage, but i'm not trying to do a whole split household thing

Raising kids is the ONLY incentive for a man to get married. (and to a lesser extent tax filing)

INB4 someone chimes in with the comforts of being with someone for life (news flash you can do that without getting married)

totally agree...im very big on family. personally i dont wanna have kids without being married.

Exactly where I'm at in my relationship

Been dating 7 years and I just can't take that next step...20-27 is some good years I gave away for the sake of a relationship. I cheated earlier in it but I've been loyal as **** the past 4 years :/

Low key miss being a *****

Seem like a good dude in my book I wish you luck if you go through with it

Just cover your ***

Most definitely, bruh..

Its all about setting the prenuptial agreements in order...

Dudes be scared to do that but regret it in the end.

Of a chick ain't planning on ending it, there shouldn't be an issue to signing it because it will never get used

I just don't want to do the whole ceremony ****. All that wasted $

The thing is media sensationalism has pushed woman yo strive for that and only that...

Chicks go their entire lives dreaming about that special day and dont give s damb if its logical or not...

They just want the fairy tale **** they've been being fed since they were 3.

Its sucks but that's the way it is...

Last edited:

On my 3rd year of marriage and sometimes we want kids sometimes we dont, so i guess as a man i really have no incentive to be with the woman I love. Who hurt you so bad that this is your line of thinking? The only excuse I have for being married is because I love my wife. I enjoyed my 20's thoroughly, got tired of the lifestyle and wanted to settle down. Plus women are expensive off the bat, I'm not trying to spend money on someone I know i don't care about like that, or take trips with some random jump. then a few weeks/months get a new broad and start all over with her.....stuff gets old. I'd just rather find the one person i click with and go from there. I focus on trips/spending money because that seems to be the almighty reason most dudes in here don't want to get married, I mean if every chick you meet is making you think about your dough, then maybe go to another watering hole. I have never worried about that kinda stuff when I was growing up because I knew the women I had been with were never thinking like that, and if they were it was my fault.

Why do dudes always say this like men have psychic powers and can predict the future

to an extent it's true. On some deep down level everyone knows who they are truly dealing with and what kind of person they are, the question is "is the juice worth the squeeze?" or when it's time to speak up you do. If a women gets over on you, it's honestly your fault for being a sucker. You can set rules just like they can, why not?

I remember I was smashing this chick who was the cousin of the co-worker. Our first meeting was in the middle of the night with her sneaking me into her bedroom window(this after having our FIRST convo ever with each other 2 hours prior) I continue to smash her for a couple of weeks and then one day during lunch time she hits me up and wants to go to jamba juice. It's close so i swoop her and we head there. I order and pay for myself and walk over to the waiting area. 1 min later she's standing next to me but didn't order anything and i ask why and she hits me with the :stoneface: (expected me to pay for her)
Now when was it EVER established that i was paying for her. She got mad and ended up walking home. it ended. You see most guys don't notice but a woman will hit your pocket books small and it will continuously get bigger. If that's not what you want to do then stop it right there, and I did. It may seem petty, but my moneys important to me.

remember you control the situation as much(if not more) than she does. You mean to tell me Wiz didn't know amber was a bird??? Naw like most dudes he had blinders on and got played.

and no I don't have a prenup, I would NEVER get married if i felt i needed a prenup. I feel like getting a prenup tells your woman you don't think it will work out and that makes her change her whole perspective on your relationship as a whole. and if my wife brought up a prenup i would've broke it off.

My psychic told me I'd get a divorce like my parents....

So marriage is not an option for me. You can still be with someone without having to marry.

Right. And you can still get taken for half the farm when you split too. A little something called common law marriage.

Right. And you can still get taken for half the farm when you split too. A little something called common law marriage.

Depends on what state you live in if I understand it correctly. Not all states acknowledge common-law marriage.

:smh: @ Everyone scared of failing....

I don't know if I'd consider it a fear. But for the sake of conversation, I believe that fear would be a rational one. The divorce rate is approximately 52%-54%. That means there is literally a greater chance that you'll fail than succeed.

I want to get married and do the family thing one day... But I'm skeptical as hell. If it never happens, I'll be alright. I accept that the world I live in is the furthest thing from perfect or ideal.

My psychic told me I'd get a divorce like my parents....

So marriage is not an option for me. You can still be with someone without having to marry.

Not if you don't consent to it & aren't "holding out"

Last edited:
On my 3rd year of marriage and sometimes we want kids sometimes we dont, so i guess as a man i really have no incentive to be with the woman I love. Who hurt you so bad that this is your line of thinking? The only excuse I have for being married is because I love my wife. I enjoyed my 20's thoroughly, got tired of the lifestyle and wanted to settle down. Plus women are expensive off the bat, I'm not trying to spend money on someone I know i don't care about like that, or take trips with some random jump. then a few weeks/months get a new broad and start all over with her.....stuff gets old. I'd just rather find the one person i click with and go from there. I focus on trips/spending money because that seems to be the almighty reason most dudes in here don't want to get married, I mean if every chick you meet is making you think about your dough, then maybe go to another watering hole. I have never worried about that kinda stuff when I was growing up because I knew the women I had been with were never thinking like that, and if they were it was my fault.
to an extent it's true. On some deep down level everyone knows who they are truly dealing with and what kind of person they are, the question is "is the juice worth the squeeze?" or when it's time to speak up you do. If a women gets over on you, it's honestly your fault for being a sucker. You can set rules just like they can, why not?
You are three years in, which I wouldn't consider a long time, first off.

Second, I never said anything about being scared of losing money in a divorce. I didn't say anything about divorce at all in my post. But it's pretty much a giving that like 8.74% of women actually believe in for better or worse if that, but i mean if no one cheats and money doesn't get tight and your schedules don't keep you apart, I don't see any reason things wouldn't work out.

All that said. I gave no reasons not to get married... I asked for a reason TO get married... To which you say only because you love your wife. So if you didn't get married you think she would've got tired of waiting for a ring and left you despite you two loving each other and living your whole lives together? You can't live together and spend money and take trips without being married? Exactly my point. It's just not necessary. It shouldn't change anything. The only thing that changes is when you go to family functions they say oh So- and-so's wife, instead of girlfriend. Which is important to her because women need to be able to have status for the sake of stunting on other women and not feeling like their getting played. But don't act like it's about you. Which is why I said specifically... No reason for a MAN to get married. You don't have to be hurt to have this mindset, just rational. But we know love ain't rational so why bother. I just want everyone to be aware. 

.... Unless of course you got a better excuse than "I love her". Duh... that's why you proposed in the first place. The marriage didn't change that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom