Bryson Tiller Thread (T R A P S O U L)

Album grew on me actually. I just the skip the songs I don't like so it makes it more enjoyable. I think what was weird about this album, was he would be crooning in one song, then try rapping in the next one. It just seemed all over the place because of how long it was. Like a mixtape. 

Don't really like him rapping much. Sprinkle here and there I don't mind at all. But when he goes full on rap, it's just too generic. Stick to the soul stuff. I did like High Stakes. Made me revisit Beautiful Bliss and J. Cole's verse. 

I also think Trapsoul was better because it just had songs that stuck out initially like exchange, don't, etc. The beats were unique. I still think this was a pretty good album. 

Last edited:
Album grew on me actually. I just the skip the songs I don't like so it makes it more enjoyable. I think what was weird about this album, was he would be crooning in one song, then try rapping in the next one. It just seemed all over the place because of how long it was. Like a mixtape. 

Don't really like him rapping much. Sprinkle here and there I don't mind at all. But when he goes full on rap, it's just too generic. Stick to the soul stuff. I did like High Stakes. Made me revisit Beautiful Bliss and J. Cole's verse. 

I also think Trapsoul was better because it just had songs that stuck out initially like exchange, don't, etc. The beats were unique. I still think this was a pretty good album. 
Lot of moments for me where I legit thought, this one of treys various mix tapes where he tries to rap?

Some of the rapping is sewage tbh.. I hope he finds joy in singing again, it's more enjoyable for me

Oh I thought you were referring to mainstream acts

I agree on the point that plenty people are popping up with similar sounds but Bryson's sound wasn't original in the first place

party next door kicked it off, party branched off of weeknds sound but made it more upbeat

bryson branched off party and added his tone to it

but then weeknd started making his own upbeat music but I wasn't even using weeknd as an example originally

you have roy woods and dvsn too

but then you have all types of other cats on apple music with the same sound now

Last edited:
in terms of moments trapsoul will be hard to top cause I was playing it before most people knew what it was around me

I was bagging chicks and playing it around them and they were going crazy harassing me bout who it was

I was also back and forth to cali and houston working and messing with chicks from both

I'll listen to the new project a lil later and see what's up

Humble bragging: the post

Humble bragging: the post

not at all

it was just the perfect storm of circumstances that made the album classic for me

also broke up with my ex before it dropped so even the content hit home

the time just won't be topped easily

Not fully done with the album, but it just sounds half-inspired. Nothing stands out. Production way too similar. So far, run me dry is his only attempt at branching out for a different sound and I like it. Also, he's barely singing on most of these songs. Just crooning. If he gonna pump out average music like these, he gonna have to become a better writer. 

laugh.gif
 at Before You Judge being a weaker ripoff of one of his own songs

Last edited:
some of yall tripping. on this album, he didnt excel at singing, nor rapping.  this album is just... there. i listened to it front to back for a 2nd time on the way home today. REALLY listened to everything. this album just doesnt have any moments. even the ayo+keyz joint didnt do it for me, which is rare. cuz they make a great team. a lot of the beats were trash. one of the songs was a knockoff exchange beat (smh how u knockoff your own song) and the rapping was pretty trash.

you guys saying its too long make no sense cuz many of u were fine with drakes album, or gkmc being long etc etc. the real problem is that the album is long for no reason cuz the tracks just arent great. like someone above said, he purposefully blends the songs into each other at the end... but u literally cant tell when a new song starts cuz it all sounds the same.

with timbaland in his corner youd think hed have better production on the beats side and the lyrics/vocal side... but its just not there. people been trying to send dude beats for 2 years and this is what he comes up with. he has 2 years worth of new material to write about, and this is what he comes up with.

in at least 5 of the songs, he ended every single line with  n***a for half the song or more. it was just cringeworthy to listen to. where was the trapsoul sound hes famous for? why is he on tour with metro's generic ***? nah yall can keep this lol.

eli sostre, pnb rock, party, and elhae bout to beat tiller at his own game.

Yeah.

Album doesn't stand out.

Production just wasn't as good as I expected it to be. :smh:

eli last project >>>>> this and trapsoul

NOW HE got some FIRE beats on this album. still up all night
sick.gif
Yeah dude didn't even try to hide the wave ride 
laugh.gif

Eli didn't catch on like I thought he would, might have to do with that very fact haha

Nevertheless the project and all his loose songs are all pretty enjoyable, his production is definitely catchy af

Last edited:
I can't co sign that ****. That Eli dude sound like a Drake / Tiller clone 
sick.gif

Amir was that dude. First and second project were flames but he done switched up now. [emoji]128554[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom