Bulls offseason Thread

Haven't seen enough of him to give up on him, but drafting Doug seems like such a bad move....should've gone Lavine if we weren't gonna play him anyways :smh:

All in all we can all pretty much say that Niko seems to be poised to do some damage in the future :nthat:

Good win and great way to avenge that loss to the Hornets.

Haven't seen enough of him to give up on him, but drafting Doug seems like such a bad move....should've gone Lavine if we weren't gonna play him anyways :smh:

All in all we can all pretty much say that Niko seems to be poised to do some damage in the future :nthat:

Good win and great way to avenge that loss to the Hornets.

I disagree fam.

We already know how Thibs handles rookies, especially if you don't pick up on his defensive system right away. Plus missing 25 games or so has limited him as well.

Way too early to call it a bad move IMO

We'd replace Thibs with who, though

I don't think that Thibedou is doing a bad job. He made the Bulls to playoff contenders despite lacking of Drose for at least 2 years.
The Bulls defense is still one of the best.
What they have been lacking in the recent years were consistent scorers to make the offense run well.
With Pau Gasol, Jimmy Butler, they finally have some guys who can score well besides a healthy Drose.
Now the biggest challenge for the Bulls is to stay healthy a whole season...

I disagree fam.

We already know how Thibs handles rookies, especially if you don't pick up on his defensive system right away. Plus missing 25 games or so has limited him as well.

Way too early to call it a bad move IMO

Yea im not gonna say its a bad move yet either. At the most Doug can be like MDJ. He just needs to stop going a hundred miles an hour when he goes to the rim. I think hes been blocked enough to learn that he cant just drive to the rim, if he develops a floater that will help a lot.

This offseason will be big for him, just with the game slowing down. He needs to get with MDJ and see how to move without the ball

I think this year's squad compares favorably to the 2011 Bulls roster that made it to the ECF.  Pau is a MAJOR upgrade to Boozer and Jimmy Butler's emergence as a two-way player essentially softens the blow of losing Drose as well as having a ball stopper in Deng.  They still have Taj coming off the bench and Mirotic's dynamic play will be huge in the playoffs.  The Bench Mob of 2011 had Kyle Korver, but I remember even though defenders had to respect his shot he was cold at times.  Everyone one else just defended well; it sucked to lose Asik too but again Mirotic's offense will prove more valuable imo.  The Bulls haven't scored the 3 ball well in ages and while it's important to knock down open shots to spread the floor, at least now there is more than one player who can create offense.  What's really been hurting them is being killed on the boards by opposing front courts, but rediscovering their hard-nosed identity has more to do with health and energy rather than talent.  Obviously their odds are maximized with Drose playing at even 75%, but if Taj/Noah get healthy and the team finds a rhythm soon then they are still a very dangerous team.  With that said, if they can secure the 3 seed and avoid Washington then that would be great.  The Wizards always seem to turn up against the Bulls and our front court wilts against their physical bigs.  Overall this season is not a complete train wreck, at least there have been players stepping up and demonstrating their capacity to lead as well as knowing where the team stands with respect to Rose:  you can't count on him to be your franchise player anymore.  I'll be happy if he turns out to be Grant Hill-light in terms of contributing after injury.  But considering how much his offense relies on athleticism and erratic his shooting was, I'm not holding my breath anymore.

TOO early to say he'll bed as good as Dirk or K-Love...and I am one of the biggest Mirotic supporters out there.

That said, he's definitely got all the tools.
I said months ago. So I guess you would have been another non believer.Wash your face as well .

Last edited:
Good win. Nice to see Jimmy getting his rhythm back. Thinking back to two months ago when MDJ was out and looking at our offense now its like night and day :pimp:

Lets finish this last few weeks strong :pimp:

VibrantVeneratedChamois.gif

Mirotic may turn out to be similar or better than K Love. I wouldn't deal him.

No he won't.
Wash your face B.

Yikes was I wrong :lol:

Oops.

Wash your face B.

TOO early to say he'll bed as good as Dirk or K-Love...and I am one of the biggest Mirotic supporters out there.

I said months ago. So I guess you would have been another non believer.Wash your face as well .

TOM! :rofl: :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: @ "wash your face"

Great win last night, 4th quarter was LIT :pimp: :pimp:

Jimmy was efficient, AB & Niko knocking down huge shots, Kirk looking useful for the 1st time in months, Noah dishing assists :smokin :smokin

:rofl: :rofl:

We coming together at just the right time.

Pooh expected to be back within 2 weeks :nthat:

Last edited:
Rose didn't talk to reporters after scrimmage

Good sign? Bad sign?

i took it as "im working on coming back faster than yall thought & im not gonna let you ppl take my few words & make them what u want...youve done enough of that ******** this yr"

Back
Top Bottom