Bulls said to be leaning toward Beasley...

[h1]Chicago Bulls mum on plan for top pick[/h1]By Ira Winderman |South Florida Sun-Sentinel 11:48 PM EDT, May 21, 2008
[h4]Article tools[/h4]
Bulls Vice President John Paxson isn't about to tip his hand.

Which means, for now, clarity in the June 26 NBA Draft seems out of the Heat's grasp.

A day after his team won the No. 1 pick as a lottery long shot, Paxson essentially acknowledged his team would select either Memphis point guard Derrick Rose or Kansas State power forward Michael Beasley.

"This gives us an opportunity to look at the two kids who everybody considers potential difference-makers," Paxson said in a news conference in Chicago.
The Heat is widely expected to take the leftover with the No. 2 selection.

However, a source familiar with the dealings said Wednesday that the Bulls have laid out a plan to take Beasley, with Heat President Pat Rileyleft with Rose.

The insider insisted, "No. 1 and No. 2 are booked and done."

Riley was not available for comment Wednesday. He said Tuesday night that he would explore all options, including a trade of the No. 2 selection.

Paxson insisted no Bulls decision has been made, but did say Wednesday of Beasley, "He scores the ball as easily as any young player that went into thecollege game in a long, long time."

Beasley could wind up making his status clearer should he decline a pre-draft interview or workout with the Heat.

You could put this into the Bulls thread or the Draft thread.

Anyways, this article is from Miami where it is said that Riley wants Rose. Agenda?

Also, these clowns with their "sources" are hilarious. The Bulls have more weeks before the Draft (5) than they have days since they have gotten the#1 pick (2). I think it might be a little too soon to say that the Bulls are locked in to 1 guy. Just my opinion though.

Wow, that would be interesting given that publicly there seems to be a little more of a leaning toward Rose. But if that's the case, then GREAT for theHeat.
happy.gif

SMH, why do they even print this stuff?

The lottery was 2 days ago. Yes the team probably has been thinking now about what they are going to do.

But the players have not even gone in for their workouts and interviews, and the draft is a month away. NO ONE knows what exactly they are going to do.

Yea so this article is from a paper down here and its not secret Riley likes Rose

I personally think the Bulls will go with Rose and I will happily take B- Easy

They need beasley more than rose. if they get rose they will have to trade some of their players and that might make them worse. taking beasley will give theminside presence. now they can just get rid of gooden or ty thomas to bring in a veteran and they should be good to go. i see the bulls 3rd or 4th in the eastnext year

Originally Posted by outkast9984

They need beasley more than rose. if they get rose they will have to trade some of their players and that might make them worse. taking beasley will give them inside presence. now they can just get rid of gooden or ty thomas to bring in a veteran and they should be good to go. i see the bulls 3rd or 4th in the east next year

Did you see how bad our backcourt was last year? I think our frontline was a little better than our backcourt last year. Nothing worked on offense and thatpoints to the team not having a floor general. Thats what Rose gives us. I am not sold on anybody on this Bulls team. Nobody has showed me the ability to puttogether 2-3 very good seasons or stay healthy in that time.

Am I the only one not sold on Beasley?

I mean he scores, but so does Melo... Where has that gotten the Nuggets?

Rose makes his teammates better and is PERFECT for the nba game
speed, quickness, power, vision...

Kirk and Ben have to go.

Hell we could take Mayo and I would be happier with him than Ben and Kirk.

Kirk is garbage period, he cant run the team is a streaky shooter who is inept at creating etc. Ben is microwave jr.

Hughes has to go too. The Bulls need to trade all those guys and come with a legit 2 than can create for himself.
A log jam at guard is what has Paxton not wanting to say his selection now.

Hes going to try and move those dudes once he finds a coach.

Here is what his task list should look like.

Find a coach ( thats going to determine who you trade

Make the trade of Thomas and at least Kirk ( thats a horrid contract there) get a legit 4 take a chance on O'neal?
Take Rose.

The lineup should look like this

Rose, Hughes, Deng,O'Neal, Noah. With Ben off the bench. That should get the Bulls back into the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by outkast9984

They need beasley more than rose. if they get rose they will have to trade some of their players and that might make them worse. taking beasley will give them inside presence. now they can just get rid of gooden or ty thomas to bring in a veteran and they should be good to go. i see the bulls 3rd or 4th in the east next year

Did you see how bad our backcourt was last year? I think our frontline was a little better than our backcourt last year. Nothing worked on offense and that points to the team not having a floor general. Thats what Rose gives us. I am not sold on anybody on this Bulls team. Nobody has showed me the ability to put together 2-3 very good seasons or stay healthy in that time.
i guess i see what you are saying but gordon and hinrich are not so bad to where you want them desperately off your team.

well if we are lookin at the team around him

Beasley teamed with Hughes and Gordon?
laugh.gif

How they gonna decide who shoots?

They need Rose there to get the shooters/scorers the ball in the right spots

If the Bulls are smart they will hire Mark Jackson/Avery Johnson and draft D. Rose

Originally Posted by PAsSback

I see what your saying, but in a way disagree.

I think in the NBA, it has been proven that with a dominant big, comes success. You look at any team Shaq has been on, they have done well. Tim Duncan has 4chips.
Even the Lakers right now, Pau is playing unreal. He isnt a "dominant great", but he is a very good big man.

Yes, teams in the past have had success with very good point guards/two guards. There was Jordan. The Lakers are playing great with Kobe. Cavs made the finalswith Lebron.

In my opinion though, you look at the history, the big man is the way to go. Rose is a great player, and will turn a team around in a heartbeat. But that teamneeds that other piece, which the big man would be.

As if you draft Beasley, and you already have proven guards, I think that would work just as well.

Beasley should be the number one pick. Rose's potential is through the roof, but I dont think he can run the team all the way to the championship.

Beasley is 6-9 while the other big men you listed are all 7 footers.

Plus he is nowhere near the defensive presence that guys like Duncan is or Shaq was

It's funny how I dont remember hearing all of these people on NT slurping Rose until after the tourney. Beasley dominated on a daily basis. Not to mentionK State played a tougher schedule than Memphis. While Rose has a lot of potential, Beasley is the for sure thing.

Originally Posted by PAsSback

Yes.

Melo is more of a worker from the outside-in and Beas works from the Inside-out

Maybe so. But Beas was the only reason KSU was in the tourney so, he made his teammates better as well. Memphis was stacked before rose got there, so howcan you tell how good he made his teammates?

Originally Posted by swingmanxv

It's funny how I dont remember hearing all of these people on NT slurping Rose until after the tourney. Beasley dominated on a daily basis. Not to mention K State played a tougher schedule than Memphis. While Rose has a lot of potential, Beasley is the for sure thing.

Yeah right. You must not have been a frequenter of the season long CBB thread....

yea but rose put that team over the top easily...and he wasnt even trying hard..dude knew his role as a pg and did a damn good job

for some reason i dont think beasley will help us out.

we need to develop tyrus...but skiles already messed his head up so i dunno if that possible. noah will continue to get better.

Back
Top Bottom