Bulls said to be leaning toward Beasley...

laugh.gif
Nobody wants Kirk's contract... Sorry Bulls fans...

They need beasley more than rose. if they get rose they will have to trade some of their players and that might make them worse. taking beasley will give them inside presence. now they can just get rid of gooden or ty thomas to bring in a veteran and they should be good to go. i see the bulls 3rd or 4th in the east next year
Imo whoever they draft they are going to need to get make a trade.

Im not comparing the way Melo and Beasley score
Im just saying that Beasley is a scorer and wont be a rebounding/defensive threat in the league

Also, Rose tookover in the tourney
If Memphis didnt have his 20 ppg 6apg, they would NOT have made it to the championship game.
He made his teammates better by taking the pressure off of them. it opened it up more for CDR and for the bigs to dominate down low

I'm just pasting what I wrote in the other D-Rose thread, don't feel like re-explaining myself
A more athletic D-Will is what I see in him, meaning, if all goes to plan (and he develops just as Deron did + extra athleticism) once the batch of old guys retires (Kidd, Nash, ect) he could be a #2 point gaurd in the league, which is saying a lot.

And with Beasley I see a lot of Melo, but more posted, and maybe a better rebounder... its hard to say...

With draft picks, you have a ceiling and a basement. How good they could get, or how bad they could be....

Rose's ceiling is like Wade with a better stroke, better handles, better passing, and better rebounding (Ceiling mind you). His basement it two words. Antonio Daniels.

Beasley's ceiling is a more built, more determined, better rebounding, better defending Carmelo Anthony. His basement is Derrick Coleman.

So there is a risk with each of them. Last year, they did the smart thing with the top pick and took a guy with a higher basement at number 1 (Greg Oden, at worst, is Mutumbo. At best he is David Robinson 2.0) instead of a guy who could really turn out to be not much (Durant at worst is a poorer shooting Rashard Lewis, even though at best he is...well hes something new if he really pans out, which seems likely now for the ROY)

So if I am the Bulls, I probably take Rose, for a lot of reasons. He suits a need, hes a hometown guy to energize the city, he will at least be a serviceable PG and someone who can start in the league for many years, and probably play some decent defense and score a good amount. Beasley, even though he has grown up A LOT recently, still has the old label of "character problems", and if he felt like it, could end up doing little to nothing at all in the league. I doubt he will though, I see them both being quiet good, just I would take Rose.

The perfect fit for Beasley really is Miami

I dont think he is a #1 option, so teamed with Wade and Marion would take a lot of pressure off of him

If he goes to the Bulls, he will automatically be looked at as the main scorer.
Teams with strong/athletic 3s and 4s will really bother him.

The truth is, the Bulls don't need another PG or PF/SF.

It's plenty of talent in Chicago, so I'd actually trade my pick and somebody else for something they actually need.

On a side note, why do they keep such a tight grip on Deng? I don't see what's so special about the guy.

Im telling you if the bulls pick rose it will be a big mistake....

hometown kid meet that hometown pressure equal kwame brown point guard version....

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

It's plenty of talent in Chicago, so I'd actually trade my pick and somebody else for something they actually need.

On a side note, why do they keep such a tight grip on Deng? I don't see what's so special about the guy.
I felt like I was the only one who thought this. I cosign your whole post. They dont need PFs or PGs, so why make the pick? Would it make more sense tomake the pick, and then subsequently trade a few of the excess players they have at that position? Or package the #1 and one or two of their guys for asuperstar? Id definitely choose the latter. And are the Bulls starting to see Deng really isnt that good? Just to think they could have had Kobe.......

i say take the hometown favorite in rose but they wouldnt go wrong either with beasley

but just ponder this with me....

trade the number 1 to the heat in a package for d.wade. bring the chicagoan home.
laugh.gif

just a thought
wink.gif

m just saying that Beasley is a scorer and wont be a rebounding/defensive threat in the league
im sorry but beasley is a fricken rebounding machine. That wont be a problem on the next level.

The only time I really saw Beasley struggle was against Iowa State for some reason. The played him in a two three most of the game and forced him to shootjumpers so he ONLY ended up with like 15 and 10. That is the dude struggling.

Beasley is the right choice. Lacking a big time scorer and rebounder.

Rose may be the hometown hero but for the Bulls, Beasley is a better fit.

What could the Bulls get for the #1 pick? People that say they should trade it, never give a name. Sorry but you have 2 very good prospects who are readyto play RIGHT NOW. You trade the guys who haven't done much but beat a Miami team that didn't want to be in the playoffs.

Dengs good but not a superstar. Even at his best he won't be an all star. He doesn't take over games nor has the ability to impose his will on theother team. I think many teams still would love to pair him with a another great scorer for him to hit open jumpers.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Im telling you if the bulls pick rose it will be a big mistake....

hometown kid meet that hometown pressure equal kwame brown point guard version....

Weren't you the dope that said the Mavs HAD to trade for Jason Kidd?

How did that one work out for you,boss?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

Im glad Miami doesn't have to do much but sit back and watch the chips fall

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I felt like I was the only one who thought this. I cosign your whole post. They dont need PFs or PGs, so why make the pick? Would it make more sense to make the pick, and then subsequently trade a few of the excess players they have at that position? Or package the #1 and one or two of their guys for a superstar? Id definitely choose the latter. And are the Bulls starting to see Deng really isnt that good? Just to think they could have had Kobe.......

There's the common misconception. The Kobe deal WOULD NOT work. The Bulls wanted to keep Deng, the Lakers wanted Deng, Kobe said he wouldn't acceptthe trade if Deng was involved.
I want Rose. They have no true point guards on the roster. If their roster really does have that much talent, wouldn'tyou take the player who would help maximize that talent? I would. That player is Rose. He makes the players around him better, and he is a leader...somethingChicago doesn't have. Beasley may be a beast and may average 25 and 15 a year for 7 or 8 years, but he won't make his teammates better because he is aterrible passer and is not a very good defender. He's not a leader.

That being said, I don't think either player is the championship piece. If they take Rose they will still need a good big who can score, if they takeBeasley they will still need a good true point guard.

i dont see how people are saying trade the pick. For who? there aren't any superstars that are a need or available.

Back
Top Bottom