Butchered Nike Retros Volume Internal Destruction

I swear someone is trying to destroy Nike from the inside...

6xpxnwm.jpg

6jvpb7q.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Ive heard die hard fans complaining about this shoe since the samples came about and I did not know that the changes were this serious. I mean they changed thewhole shoe!!! The uppers, toe cap, even the midsole?!?!?! WHY NIKE WHY?

8evg593.jpg

6p47f9h.jpg

8fb2w5t.jpg

6pyjeyf.jpg

8a4kkjm.jpg

I dont understand how people like Gentry can say that they change retros so the collectors can have their Originals and be happy when all the Long timecollectors Ive seen have said in some shape or form that they'd prefer exact replicas... Are these improper assumptions or just selfish intention takingplay at Nike?

I agree this is just rediculous. But what are we going to do? I mean those playoff VIII's are a sellout. I mean I doubt itll be a sellout on the sameweekend but they will sell out. Nike will keep doing this nonsense as long as people keep buying and at the rate we are going there will be no change for aLOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Basterdization - The are of destroying something that was once beautiful.

What kills me is.....IT'LL SELL OUT EITHER WAY!!!!!

Why even make ANY change?

You have the Original Molds and an overall blueprint for CLASSICS.

Why even go through the trouble of changing anything?

Obviously the reasoning that they put out there is fugazzi and bogus...I'm curious as to what the real reasoning behind this is.

Maybe it is more comfortable? Cheaper? Who knows. Maybe there is more molding on the originals.

I dont know what the idea or reason behind all of this is but NIKE has been trying to maximize profit by using cheaper materials. I dont know how much thisinfluences the redesign of certain sneakers. But NIKE is not even close to what they used to be. Some sneakers they put out are Amazing quality (Grape V's)and then they put out some trash that falls apart in the same year or even month. NIKE used to stand for quality but not anymore.

One thing about the two Air Tech Challenge's compared in the pic's above is that the OG pair is not a men's size.... correct me if im wrong, butthe actual OG tech challenge's in mens sizes had the same toe box and midsole as the retro......but ur right the neon yellow is still off, the logo waschanged and the black heel accent was missing from the retro.

plus while were on the subject of tech challenge's, is the yellow paint around the Air heal unit flaking on anybody elses? i havt had mine for very long,but its chipping fairly hevily I havent played tennis or done anything stressful in them either.

The retro VIII is a good quality shoe from JB, Iam sure you guys wanted an exact replica of the OG's but Gentry already said that wasn't gonna happen.So what the pull tab is black instead of red, if you guys want shoes exactly like the OG's, buy the OG's. Period.

So what the pull tab is black instead of red, if you guys want shoes exactly like the OG's, buy the OG's. Period.
Pull tabs? Trust. If the pull tabs was the only thing they changed I wouldnt have a problem with it. But look at the pics posted....isthat all you see?

The purpose of the Retro's is to have what was once had and remember those times as we forge new memories. So to throw all of the "greatest playerever" in our faces along with every achievement from said year as they realease every piece of half assed nostalgia is kinda FOUL.

Originally Posted by 2ColdCrew88

One thing about the two Air Tech Challenge's compared in the pic's above is that the OG pair is not a men's size.... correct me if im wrong, but the actual OG tech challenge's in mens sizes had the same toe box and midsole as the retro......but ur right the neon yellow is still off, the logo was changed and the black heel accent was missing from the retro.

plus while were on the subject of tech challenge's, is the yellow paint around the Air heal unit flaking on anybody elses? i havt had mine for very long, but its chipping fairly hevily I havent played tennis or done anything stressful in them either.
yep, the OG ATC in the photo is in fact the youth version... which is why the toe box looks so different... if memory serves, the OG men'sversion toe box is pretty much the same... frankly, I'm quite surprised theshoegame made that mistake... a poor job in making a comparison IMO...

yeah, the yellow is off, but as for the logo, they couldn't do anything about it... the copyright, if I'm not mistaken, belongs to/was designed withAgassi, who went to Adidas...

there is some slight flaking on my air unit, but nothing as bad as my infrared 90's... not really bothered too much...

i'm just mad about anything not OG colored because they look like variants.

honestly, i think they change stuff because the average buyer (90% of the public who are NOT heads like us) don't have any idea what the hell the shoeis... so why would they care? if nike can save money in production and make money in sales it's fine to them

I have a few mishaps:
4941524061c4c4b55d18168cf02a1a45bfe128d.pjpg
e611514c67cfc5be3bf2f420483b8be4090303d.pjpg

Top 1991 Originial, Botton 2002 Retro.
-Different material
-Different color of grey and of the yellow.
-Shape of the shoes are bit different.

Its almost a whole new shoe concept.

The next is less noticeable:
33d159456ecdc7bb1654ffa654d9b75710407a1.pjpg
c951554165c2c4b561f5f6ba7ad484760115e68.pjpg

The whole Chlorophyll color concept is actually by mistake on nikes part. The originial never even had that as a color. As you can see the shoe on the lefthas a much deeper green color. The 2000 retro had almost a kermit the frog color. It was almost as if they used left over green material and this was closeenough. The original grey suede is almost a bit darker and has a tint of blue to it.

Nike's been butchering classics for years now. I guess weve just accepted it. It seems like a multi billion dollary company would have access to betterresource photos or material resources to better match colors

How can you compare a YOUTH size Tech Challenge to a MENS size Retro pair?

I know the Retros suck, but still... you do not have a valid argument with those pics.

so many shoes released in too many wack retro+ colorways.

air max 2 cb
trainer huaraches
pippen 2
foamposite max
any jordan
any old school air max with a 360 bubble

and of course..

2007 AF1s!!
butchered in every colorway, shape and form.

those agassi retroes are grbage but people that complain about small changes like in the playoff VIII are just mad.

I didnt know those were a GS size...they look like the same size but i guess they were mistaken.

I remember around the time that they released an NT'er did the same comparison and found a few flaws as well. I'm going to look for those pics toreplace the ones from shoegame.com.

i suppose if they retroed everything exactly, the aura of the OGs will die hence lowering hype and demand?

The only thing thats going to make me pass on those 8s is the grey midsole. When they brought out the Chrome 8s those shoes had the same if not a similarmidsole...when they released the blk/red 8 lows that summer i passed on those too because they look very similar to the chromes...a little bit of red hasnt mada profound difference to me. Those mid 8s have the lower profile accents of the low 8s imo. not feelin it.

Like I said before the original purpose of retros was valid up until these last few years when they been straight butchering the retros with below parmaterials and design changes I mean is Nike/JB blind? Look how people FIEND over '99/'00 Retros....You have Retros from those years going for 4-500 onebay easily...why not capitalize on that demand and release them how they once were? Thats the one question that has yet to be answered honestly. And whatkills me is some Retros from 99/00 CANT EVEN BE WORN...but yet people pay all those bundles just to have their favorite shoe...why not just "do the rightthing" by us? and give us the shoe we want to wear...not some replica variant BS.

Its crazy cuz some people just cant see it.

WHY IS NIKE RETROING THE ATC II EXACTLY HOW IT ONCE WAS?

DID IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE BACKLASH THAT CAN BE SEEN ON ANY SNEAKER MESSAGE BOARD ON THE NET?

The people straight demanded that they do the ATC II's correctly and from the sneak peaks Ive seen here on NT..Nike came through....Why only do it for someand not all? Dont they realize they will make more money that way? If Nike made every shoe the way it once was they would make waaaay more money than theyalready are. If all the shortcuts they take is to ensure more capitol comes in wouldnt it make sense to do whatever has to be done to maximize profits aka topnotch material, correct production of the designed product, non hideous colorways? I mean look at the last colorways to drop for the ATC Retro....thatBlack/Lime Green/Bright Orange Trash......THAT WOULDNT EVEN FLY IN THE YEAR THAT THEY WERE ORIGINALLY RELEASED....I hope they dont wonder why certain shoes hitthe sales racks in mass...

Bottom Line: Nike half ***-es Retro products. Some get the premium treatment..Orlando Foamposite Ones, umm, umm....yea and the rest get the straight papermache treatment and production...

I don't buy the whole preserve the integrity of the OG rationale. At this point its just cost cutting.

Back
Top Bottom