Buying a new car vol BMW

I don't understand why people always want to talk about other peoples finances in car threads
I just want to know from other owners what are somethings I can expect
For example when I get to 100000 Kms what scheduled maintenance I have to do, how much I'm looking to spend or if there any know issues with these specific models/years, how they perform, ext.
to get a BMW in warranty Im looking at spending upwards of 25000 which I don't have to spend right nowI said I want to pay off so I don't have to worry about payments I hate owing money and I don't want to be stuck paying 400 - 600 for the next 4 yearsI just have to worry about maintenance which isn't so bad

Originally Posted by NickySantor0

I don't understand why people always want to talk about other peoples finances in car threads

I just want to know from other owners what are somethings I can expect

For example when I get to 100000 Kms what scheduled maintenance I have to do, how much I'm looking to spend or if there any know issues with these specific models/years, how they perform, ext.

to get a BMW in warranty Im looking at spending upwards of 25000 which I don't have to spend right now
I said I want to pay off so I don't have to worry about payments I hate owing money and I don't want to be stuck paying 400 - 600 for the next 4 years
I just have to worry about maintenance which isn't so bad

You ask for advice, what do you want to have people sugarcoat the experience they had with their own BMW's or car buying experiences. BMW's are expensive to fix, and if you can't afford to spend in warranty BMW, be practical and get something with low cost maintenance.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

buy an infiniti instead... i did... i havent once thought about the 325 i was gunna buy instead until now

Nissan reliability > BMW reliabiliaty

newer infiniti styling & interior > BMW

G35x
pimp.gif
two weeks of true love so far
pimp.gif
G35x ... people living outside their means 
tired.gif

my car payment and insurance combined is under 3 hundred a month... i put 25% down

stop it 5.

and yes you will want an 08 or newer... going rate with 50k or less on it is around 22-24k

got mines with 60k miles on it for 18k
pimp.gif

drivetrain warrantied until 70k but dont take my word for it... do your homnework... edmunds has a "reliability" rating..

08 and newer infinitis are all 4.5-5 stars
pimp.gif

buy an infiniti instead... i did... i havent once thought about the 325 i was gunna buy instead until now

G35x
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
tired.gif

my car payment and insurance combined is under 3 hundred a month... i put 25% down

stop it 5.

and yes you will want an 08 or newer... going rate with 50k or less on it is around 22-24k

pimp.gif

drivetrain warrantied until 70k but dont take my word for it... do your homnework... edmunds has a "reliability" rating..

pimp.gif

Damn my insurance payments are going to be over 350 smh I can't wait to turn 25 and get these damn tickets off my record

G35x
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
tired.gif

stop it 5.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
so you had 10k miles left on the warranty when you got it ...

stop it 5

/\ yea because its one of the most reliable cars you can purchase... a warranty wasnt even a must...

less than a third of the cars on the road are under warranty...

hop off... they see me rollin

I think there's a lot of immaturity here. Driving a BMW, let alone having the luxury of a car at under 25 is just overlooked these days. People should WORK THEIR WAY UP, otherwise they will not realize the hardship of life. You cannot possibly tell me, your biggest expense is in a depreciable asset.

A BMW is obviously a status symbol, but you ain't fooling no body at the end of the day. If you're not even into cars, you'll have a lot of headache, but no one can really say anything on the new generation BMWs. I guess in the next 5-7 years, we'll guage them. If I'm not mistakened, these BMWs are now made in the middle east and what not. Simply put, unless you have money, trying to make ends meet in buying a 2nd hand car is ridiculously stupid.

If you really had 14-16K in cash, you can easily finance a BRAND NEW CAR w/ WARRANTY. Do the math and be practical.

For myself, I've said it before, I do want to own a BMW, but only when and if it makes sense. Putting 10K down and trying to finance 20-30K in the next 5-7 years is just absurd IMHO. I paid off my Accord 2-3 years ago, and do my due dillegence in maintenance and have not had any major issues. Now, I'm saving money for my own first home, but I don't know where that'll be just yet. One things for sure, money talks and cash is king. It's up to you though. There's always a sucker in the 2ndary market.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I think there's a lot of immaturity here. Driving a BMW, let alone having the luxury of a car at under 25 is just overlooked these days. People should WORK THEIR WAY UP, otherwise they will not realize the hardship of life. You cannot possibly tell me, your biggest expense is in a depreciable asset.

A BMW is obviously a status symbol, but you ain't fooling no body at the end of the day. If you're not even into cars, you'll have a lot of headache, but no one can really say anything on the new generation BMWs. I guess in the next 5-7 years, we'll guage them. If I'm not mistakened, these BMWs are now made in the middle east and what not. Simply put, unless you have money, trying to make ends meet in buying a 2nd hand car is ridiculously stupid.

If you really had 14-16K in cash, you can easily finance a BRAND NEW CAR w/ WARRANTY. Do the math and be practical.

For myself, I've said it before, I do want to own a BMW, but only when and if it makes sense. Putting 10K down and trying to finance 20-30K in the next 5-7 years is just absurd IMHO. I paid off my Accord 2-3 years ago, and do my due dillegence in maintenance and have not had any major issues. Now, I'm saving money for my own first home, but I don't know where that'll be just yet. One things for sure, money talks and cash is king. It's up to you though. There's always a sucker in the 2ndary market.

Thank you for the honest advice broYea its obviously a status symbol I just graduated and I'm turning 24 soon I just thought I'd splurge I was thinking of getting an accord or civic but after driving my buddy's 330 I can't do it lolBut I'm trying to do my homework The 2006 has low Kms one owner and all the maintenance was done at the dealership just waiting on the medical/drug test to come back from this new job before I pull the triggerI'm still looking though give some ideas of more "practical" vehicles nt

G35x
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
g35x? GARBAGE LOL

get a real car, those cars will never drive well and was super slow. The all wheel drive in infinitis are LAUGHABLE.

Styling and the way a car drive> reliability. like people really say EW OMG BMW INTERIOR I MUST GET AN INFINITI.... plus infiniti uses alot of hard plastics and navigation on them is LOL!!!! garbage. why even recommend such a piece of crap.

not even a coupe! g35x is WACK.  ask anyone on the street what better bmw or infiniti LOL. You gotta be kidding me.

Brakes better, handle better, bmw engines>infiniti engines, idrive>infiniti navi, bmw looks way better and more timeless design, faster, i can go on and on.

328>g25 335>g37 335i&335is> g37 IPL. Dude you dont know what your talking about.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

G35x
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
g35x? GARBAGE LOL

get a real car, those cars will never drive well and was super slow. The all wheel drive in infinitis are LAUGHABLE.

Styling and the way a car drive> reliability. like people really say EW OMG BMW INTERIOR I MUST GET AN INFINITI.... plus infiniti uses alot of hard plastics and navigation on them is LOL!!!! garbage. why even recommend such a piece of crap.

not even a coupe! g35x is WACK.  ask anyone on the street what better bmw or infiniti LOL. You gotta be kidding me.

Brakes better, handle better, bmw engines>infiniti engines, idrive>infiniti navi, bmw looks way better and more timeless design, faster, i can go on and on.

328>g25 335>g37 335i&335is> g37 IPL. Dude you dont know what your talking about.

edit-please reply, i need a laugh.

/\ dude ur officially one of the dumbest mogs on here....

Everyone drives to get from point a to b. I dunno about you but i drive on streets... not race tracks... to work...

My car is faster than 99% of whips i see.... i live n pa... it snows alot. Awd a must

I traded my coupe cuz i needed sumthin to transport my new family around...

Tell me more about how cars that are 10k more r better to drive... its very pertitent

To me reliability was one of these most important selling pts. Shops around here charged redic labor rates when dealing with german cars

In conclusion... you buy your beamer so u can go 5 mph faster thtu turns... ill stick with the g35

Its what I want.... u do u

Everyone drives to get from point a to b. I dunno about you but i drive on streets... not race tracks... to work...

My car is faster than 99% of whips i see.... i live n pa... it snows alot. Awd a must

Tell me more about how cars that are 10k more r better to drive... its very pertitent

To me reliability was one of these most important selling pts. Shops around here charged redic labor rates when dealing with german cars

In conclusion... you buy your beamer so u can go 5 mph faster thtu turns... ill stick with the g35

you obviously dont know much about cars. nor care about what you spend your money on.
enjoy your nissan. go put a gt-r sticker on it. LOL at faster than 99% of the whips you see. look at the 0-60 time. same times as a accord v6.

its like saying acura is better then mercedes. youre on crack. MOG what ever that is lol.

^^

Not too many own their cars long enough to judge reliability, neither do most stick to a line of cars to genuinely evaluate them. But I've posted my experiences before. I've owned Hondas for a large part of my life, as well as other import makes and models. But personally, I've had the Accord in the late 80s, early 90s and now 2000s.

I can tell you that they are still VERY VERY RELIABLE by my standards and are efficient in each and every way. But one are of concern is that in the late 90s and early 2000s when the ECONOMY as a whole started to boom, businesses were on the move to maximize profit margins. As a result, they cheaped out on a lot of things. This is when a car's paint no longer held up like before, and quality control started to be an issue. The biggest issues for me were typical things like seals deteriorating, and what not. The major components still worked, but at that point in the car's life, it made more sense that I just buy a new one.

You folks can go RESEARCH this, and any body that has owned a car back then and now will tell you the same thing. They don't make it like they use to.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

you obviously dont know much about cars. nor care about what you spend your money on.
enjoy your nissan. go put a gt-r sticker on it. LOL at faster than 99% of the whips you see. look at the 0-60 time. same times as a accord v6.

its like saying acura is better then mercedes. youre on crack. MOG what ever that is lol.

You don't necessarily quantify 'better' w/ value.  Sure a Mercedes costs a lot more than an Acura, but for consumers, reliability and true cost to own are LEGITIMATE FACTORS in one's purchase.  Most of the people here are suckers and materialistic.

My friend told me, NISSAN cheaped out on its material and that the popular cars like the 350s had suspension issues.  The same thing w/ the ever popular IS350 and what not.  The engine design maintenance down the road will be a pain.  Some areas will just rupture w/ time.

It comes down to affordability, if you want a Mercedes, and can afford it, get it.

/\ yea because its one of the most reliable cars you can purchase... a warranty wasnt even a must...

less than a third of the cars on the road are under warranty...

hop off... they see me rollin
Talk about people living beyond their means, goes and buys a used luxury car with well over 50k miles on it almost out of warranty and says " they see me rollin". All of this just so you can say you have a "luxury" car that has already been worn out by previous owner .... man look at yourself  *you mad

You can't post what car you're going to get on NT because whatever you post

the first page will be filled with replies to get something else it doesnt matter what it

is.

With that said I'm not into dropping 16k on a 7 year old car with 50k+ maybe

you want a beamer that bad. Do you, experience is the best teacher.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

You can't post what car you're going to get on NT because whatever you post

the first page will be filled with replies to get something else it doesnt matter what it

is.

With that said I'm not into dropping 16k on a 7 year old car with 50k+ maybe

you want a beamer that bad. Do you, experience is the best teacher.
best advice so far in this thread.  OP is going to ignore all the advice that is not in line with his own beliefs.  Minus whale just do what youre gonna do and figure it out on your own

OP, I say do it, you think you can handle maintenance? Everyone situation is diff.

A 10 year old BMW is a status symbol? I mean I guess if you fix it up. But newer-*+% Acura/Infiniti/Lexus, hell a brand new Accord or something > that.

Back
Top Bottom