Buying a Used "Luxury" Car that has close to or over 100k miles on it, yay or nay?

Doing Research on cars, I only drive from point A to point B, which is usually work and home, I always ride with someone if I`m going out. I`m looking to eventually get a "grown man car" sometime in the future, when I get some chips to blow lol.  Idk why I've been under the impression that a Luxury car with 100-150k+ miles on it = no good. 

I`m 6'3 so I can't do coupes, just Sedans, Im not big on cars, but can someone give me a nice list of cars to look at? My price range is 10-12k, I could do 16-18k but I`m not trying to do it big just yet lol.

How about a BMW X5? I know its not a sedan, but its good for someone your height. I had a friend buy a 2003 with 85,000 for $10,500 from a dealer auction.

this is the kind of post I would find from an nt'er

should i get an 03 s500 ? it has 105k miles on it, smh

Well Importking being that I don't know crap about cars, is why I post it here.

I see alot of Nice Audi A4s with 50-80k miles on them for 13-15k. How much do extended warrenty usually run?

I'd like to pay the car in cash full or atleast pay 60 percent of it in down payment.

I see alot of Lexus junts with under 50k miles, Lexus junts go hard, but I mean they are Toyotas, like idk thats why I was iffy about Infinitis, they look sexy but them things are Nissans pretty much, even though they are better, but like on some principle type steelo.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Wouldn't be wise to get a "luxury" car if you only have 10-12k to play with.
QFE

stay in your price range sir....luxury by definition isn't buying a high mileage out of warranty high maintenance headache.

Dont know a whole heck of a lot about cars but from what i've read, Audi reliability is piss poor. Jaguar is the worst.  BMW's are fairly decent (not the 7-series tho) and Benzes have a lot of electrical problems.  
As far as american luxury brands, Cadillac sucks, Lincoln's are fairly good (except for the LS).  

Your best bet really is Lexus or a Infiniti. Even though they are based off Toyota and Nissan they are still pretty damn good cars and you still get the luxury ride & features.

Hope that helped

On a real note, if you cant afford a luxury vehicle out the dealership with 0 mileage, don't be a fool and go out and get a used one with 100k that's been around the world twice, take 3k out of those 12k and lease a good affordable (Honda, Toyota, Nissan) since all u will use the car for is to get from point A to B...when you are actually ready for the big leagues, make the jump in style....used car dealerships love to taje advantage of dudes like you...SMFH!

Dont know a whole heck of a lot about cars but from what i've read, Audi reliability is piss poor. Jaguar is the worst.  BMW's are fairly decent (not the 7-series tho) and Benzes have a lot of electrical problems.  
As far as american luxury brands, Cadillac sucks, Lincoln's are fairly good (except for the LS).  

Your best bet really is Lexus or a Infiniti. Even though they are based off Toyota and Nissan they are still pretty damn good cars and you still get the luxury ride & features.

Hope that helped

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

No more Polo for you when something goes wrong.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Hope that helped
laugh.gif

im glad u voided your opinion before you uttered anything.

Maybe its me but it just seems stupid to buy a new Luxury car, when one year later it will be 20k+ depreciated in price.

Someone was telling me Altimas or Maximas had ****** issues. And I mean is it even safe to buy a new Toyota nowadays?

I was looking at Honda Accords, but they look to "street race" like to me, I seen some nice oens though.

Maxima's do not have transmission issues

The 99-03's acura tl's do though.

With the 12k, i'll look into a maxima.

Whats stupid is buying a 12k lemon...at least if you buy a brand new car under 20k you have 5 years if warranty...dude ive had about 6 different cars, the last 3 were fresh out the box, trust me when i tell you, spending that kind of money on a used car is stupid!...would you ball out on a high-class chick thats been around the block 100 times?

I've always been told that miles on a Honda mean nothing because they last forever, do the newer ones hold up to the prestige?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Hope that helped
laugh.gif

im glad u voided your opinion before you uttered anything.

I was just trying to provide some advice.  

I dont see you posting anything that's even somewhat helpful. Probably one of them N_'s that got a all-day subway pass, living at ya mama's crib, talkin bout how you bag all the dirty #!@ NYC biddies on your nexus one. F outta here slim.

Back
Top Bottom