Buying Jordan Retro 1 For Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all! What are the online raffles that you are referring to?
What we have been trying so far is Footlocker App with their reservation option. We enter while the reservation window is open and then they let us know at certain time if we made it (which we never do). Is that the raffle you all mentioned, or is there something else?
Yeah, I agree that 1s Mid might be a good alternative for now, so maybe we should try that for him. Crazy to imagine year ago 1s High sitting on the shelves, that is insane!

I asked her, he takes a men’s size 9.5. I was going to try to help too.
Dang. I've got quite a few doubles on size 12 but unfortunately that doesn't help.
It is to the point where prices are so high I feel bad selling them but when you give people deals they turn around and sell them.

Only a few colorways sat on shelves, not the majority. I couldn’t even obtain the Purple Toe’s. :smh:

Bro. I'm not in a major big city in South Carolina, so most stores don't even get all colorways. We didn't get the purple toes. Most stores just get general releases and those are still hard to cop. Not to mention I wear a size 14, so all my purchases are online or bust

206to813 206to813 i would help her but she almost made me read that whole book she posted so im not sure YET

add 206to813 206to813 to list!!!
I am sorry for being so long in my original post :smile:
Now I understand there was no need to explain, you guys obviously know everything about it. It is a new world to me, and I think also we have limited options in Canada comparing to US.

Dang. I've got quite a few doubles on size 12 but unfortunately that doesn't help.
It is to the point where prices are so high I feel bad selling them but when you give people deals they turn around and sell them.

Size 12 you say

B BR-YYC I recommend if you have a Twitter follow Sole Links and J23app. Also, as others have said complete raffles for stores that may have them. With that I recommend typing *insert Air Jordan 1* raffle in Twitter. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have successful. There are members that will help out as well. Also, welcome to NikeTalk!

Just quit the game like I mostly did 😂

But seriously....it is really as simple as being prepared to pay resale. It is what it is at this day and age. Enter raffles and hope for the best...but have funds ready for resale if you strike out.

Like I'm just really falling out laughing at 206to813 comment. But, it's the truth. If you buying og 1's, you might as well just pay resale. And the cost of bots really ain't worth it unless you a major reseller. You have to be lottery ticket lucky now to almost get a jordan 1 or almost any J for that matter now for retail. Funny thing is, just a year ago, 1's sat on the shelf and people were complaining of all the colors coming out and they need to put the 1 in the vault cuz it was too many and they literally were sitting on the shelves for months on end. Now, sell out is in .000000001 seconds and by raffle win only

Good points here.

Bots ain't worth it because they literally cost thousands for reliable ones, so that's going to take a long time to recoup the cost if a reseller only makes $10 to $20 profit on each sale for general release stuff. And it isn't mathematically justifiable to get a bot just to buy individual pairs for personal collection without reselling because that's astronomical overhead on top of having to pay full price for just one pair of shoes to have.

Entering those FLX app reservations is exactly how I get my Jordans because I never go to the resale route. If I strike out on the apps, so be it, I just move on to the next release I'm interested in. I got the black/royal XIII and navy III via Foot Locker app reservation. I struck out on the Carmine VI, but I think it was a good thing ironically because I didn't have to stress out about quality issues on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom