Bye Sonics

^^^what i mean is...let bennett move the team...and let bill gates by his own stadium and by his own team...just start fresh

People in Seattle should aready know this is gonna happen.

I hate it but it just reminds me that professional sports are a buisness and nothing more.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by houser34

ohwell.gif

The ______ Supersonics make no sense unless the _____ is filled by the word "Seattle"

Thats why the "Supersonics" will be changed as well. Like the other teams that have leaf cities and changed names. This isn't exactly unheard of.

Lakers didn't change when they left Minneapolis. I'll be damned to find a lake in Los Angeles
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But yeah, the Wizards used to be the Bullets, 76ers used to be the Warriors. Where are the Royals today, or the Nationals?

Teams change cities, they change team names as well. It goes both ways.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

The Mariners had exactly one and a half months of good baseball in their almost 20-year history and it got them a new stadium
I assume you were referring to '95? And that wasn't just good baseball, that was unheard of. 12 games back in a month i believe to win in a one game playoff. Also, 116 wins in 2001. mariners i would say by far rule seattle. it was a freakin dynasty back in the day to most people. griffey, randy, arod, buhner, martinez, among many others. having said that though, i still dont see why the sonics have to move. most believe that they will move because of the stadium, and not creating enough revenue, which is the biggest bummer of all, that sports has to be this business oriented, because the key arena is a great environment to watch basketball. its small, yes, but i wouldnt say there is a bad seat in the house.

Are you referring to the franchise that never even made a World Series?

Originally Posted by presequel

utah jazz
laugh.gif
shoulda stayed where they came from

Lakers when they moved to Los Angeles. Because there are so many lakes there.

they gotta bring the nba back to buffalo. i wonder if we'll ever get an nba team again. can't blame the nba for not wanting to come back though,buffalo is
tired.gif

OKC is dying for professional sports. The NFL and the NBA have noticed the sports market in Oklahoma. Sports is all Oklahoma cares about.

Hornets sold out EVERY night in OKC.

pimp.gif

Rarely do I support Texas alumni, but Durant is that dude
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

The Mariners had exactly one and a half months of good baseball in their almost 20-year history and it got them a new stadium
I assume you were referring to '95? And that wasn't just good baseball, that was unheard of. 12 games back in a month i believe to win in a one game playoff. Also, 116 wins in 2001. mariners i would say by far rule seattle. it was a freakin dynasty back in the day to most people. griffey, randy, arod, buhner, martinez, among many others. having said that though, i still dont see why the sonics have to move. most believe that they will move because of the stadium, and not creating enough revenue, which is the biggest bummer of all, that sports has to be this business oriented, because the key arena is a great environment to watch basketball. its small, yes, but i wouldnt say there is a bad seat in the house.

Are you referring to the franchise that never even made a World Series?

why yes i am as a matter of fact. Look, the fact that they havent been to the WS has nothing to do with how much Seattle loves their mariners. they love theirseahawks and sonics too, but the mariners, like i said grew on seattle...griffey was HUGE in seattle...and that alone puts the mariners above its otherteams

^You're a goof. How does Griffey still keep the Mariners up at the top? If that were the case, wouldn't all Mariners fans be Reds fans by now?
C'mon, athletes are traded like property. There's no reason to get attached to a certain star with the potential for a heartbreak.

As for the Sonics relocating, they should def. move to somewhere in the Midwest. People in the Midwest have little to nothing to do on any givennight...that's why the Hornets flourished like they did when they were temporarily staying there. No doubt about the Cardinals...top 3 in attendance forthe past 3 years. Simply because there's a lack of other things to do. From a financial standpoint, the "Sonics" will be caking if they relocateto OKC.

Don't worry current Sonics fans, are you guys going to really miss them after this season? Be honest now!

YO! It's funny... I don't remember this much clamoring when the Hornets were leaving Charlotte. Every blog, every message board, almost every newpublication talked serious @@+% about the fans here. The same fans who led the league in attendance for years... in a monstrosity of an arena. Funny, I tellya. DF!!!

my parents live in st.louis... they need a nba team, they got rams, st louis blues, cardinals... all they need is nba now!

st louis archs!

I'm not even from Seattle and this pissess me off. This has been a continuing trend in all pro sports that needs to stop. Anytime a team can't get anew arena they threaten to move (and sometimes do). Its exthortion of a sort IMO. Also, there were rumors of the Blazers leaving town as well. Any updates? Ifso, no more NBA in the Pacific Northwest.
eyes.gif

Im mad at everybody involved. I havent really heard anybody get on the city and legislature here in Seattle. Theyre not helping the sitution at all eitherwhich makes the entire deal hostile. I think theyre just as much to blame as Bennett, Schultz, and Stern

I'm not totally familiar with the situation up there, so someone fill me in. Are the mariners and Seahawks stadiums both publicly funded? and if so, how isit being paid for...an increased sales tax? You can't expect the public to carry most of the burden of three stadiums at one time. That does take a toll onpeople. At the same time, this owner seems pretty shady too and it seems he had an agenda the second he bought the team and it doesn't seem like he istrying very hard to find alternatives to another publicly funded stadium.

nah. they are moving to kansas city. they want a new arena. we just built a new arena. almost got the penguins in it but fell thru. they will be moving heretho.

Originally Posted by bruza

I'm not even from Seattle and this pissess me off. This has been a continuing trend in all pro sports that needs to stop. Anytime a team can't get a new arena they threaten to move (and sometimes do). Its exthortion of a sort IMO. Also, there were rumors of the Blazers leaving town as well. Any updates? If so, no more NBA in the Pacific Northwest.
eyes.gif
From what I heard Paul Allen put the team up for sale when the sonics were for sale, then when the sonics sold, allen took them off the market. So iguess he wanted to buy the sonics... Who knows he might move the blazers to seattle.

ohwell.gif

The ______ Supersonics make no sense unless the _____ is filled by the word "Seattle"

Thats why the "Supersonics" will be changed as well. Like the other teams that have leaf cities and changed names. This isn't exactly unheard of.

Lakers didn't change when they left Minneapolis. I'll be damned to find a lake in Los Angeles
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But yeah, the Wizards used to be the Bullets, 76ers used to be the Warriors. Where are the Royals today, or the Nationals?

laugh.gif
Watch they become the Sooners, I can't really think of anything else that istrademark to Oklahoma....

Originally Posted by 745i

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Watch they become the Sooners, I can't really think of anything else that is trademark to Oklahoma....

laugh.gif
How hilarious would that be.. The Sooners Squared

at all of you saying there is no fan base in Oklahoma. They only sold out every game while the Hornets were in town. You've got to remember, in this three state area (Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas) we have no professional sports teams. The Sonics will be treated like royalty around here. I might have to get me a Durant jersey now.
But after 1 season in OKC, the novelty would wear off and there would be a tremendous drop in people. You're telling me people in Kansas aregoing to care more about the sonics than the Jayhawks?

Maybe Gates is not a big sports fan. Seattle is a great city and it's sad that they will be leaving, but as mentioned sports is a business and thoseexpecting loyalty from greedy owners and commissioners are living in fantasy land. Bennett wants what the Mariners and Seahawks got and the city Government ofSeattle has already expressed there are more pressing needs than financing a new arena.

Back
Top Bottom