Bye Sonics

frown.gif

Originally Posted by kidjustice19

Originally Posted by bruza

I'm not even from Seattle and this pissess me off. This has been a continuing trend in all pro sports that needs to stop. Anytime a team can't get a new arena they threaten to move (and sometimes do). Its exthortion of a sort IMO. Also, there were rumors of the Blazers leaving town as well. Any updates? If so, no more NBA in the Pacific Northwest.
eyes.gif
From what I heard Paul Allen put the team up for sale when the sonics were for sale, then when the sonics sold, allen took them off the market. So i guess he wanted to buy the sonics... Who knows he might move the blazers to seattle.
Not only did Allen take the Blazers off the market, he bought back the Rose Garden Arena. After how he has built up this team and finally got the cityto come back and watch I dont see him moving/selling this team. He does have a few Seattle players tho in Roy and Webster and has in the past expressed how hewanted to own a team in Seattle. that said, I dont see him moving the Blazers there, but who knows?

That said, I still don't want to see Seattle lose the Sonics. This has potential to be a top rivalry in the NBA with Oden and Durant.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Y'all don't need any more damn teams in CA.

I still find it mind-boggling how St. Louis never gets any love. The closest we got was the Grizzlies when they left Vancouver.

There are plenty of people who follow basketball, and it's a tremendous sports city. I know there would be no worries of support and attendance. Even the damn Blues games still get pretty packed, and some people forget that sport exists. All I want is season tickets for some hoops...
frown.gif

Goin' to school up here in Chicago is as close as I've come to having a basketball team...
I live in CA now. But being a former STL native I would love to the see my old city get an NBA team. There is a big market for basketball over there.

Back
Top Bottom