::CAL FOOTBALL THREAD::vs USC, Sat 11/10 5PM ABC

I just got home from the game. I gotta say, despite the heartbreaking loss, that was one of the most exciting games I've ever been to in my life. It was a great experience...but

Quote:
I don't want to see that Kevin Riley kid EVER touch a football again.
didthese
Team49ers/CalBears
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Nasty Nate wants your cocktail...fruit!​

Quote:
Do you think LSU's fan's are going to support their team any less after 1 loss? I wouldn't be surprised if half of these fans jump off the bandwagon. They're no better than USC fans.
:frown:
frown.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

What time do the rankings come out? We better not drop past 10. Go Bears!

On a lighter note, some Cal fans were cheering, "1...2...3 HOLIDAY BOWL!" after the game.

Silicon Valley

damn. this sucks. cal had to use the second string qb
but those penalties killed them. and a tough loss at home.
hopefully they dont drop past ten and can fight back to get a good bowl game.
Falcons | Hawks | Thrashers | Braves

that was a tough loss for cal but on the real we can a bcs bowl bid is still in our control. I never thought Cal would go undefeated in the Pac 10 this year. Also Riley imo got caught up in the moment and just tried to be a hero instead of making the smart play. Overall I think he is going to be fine a he really showed alot after a slow 1st quarter. He is very accurate on the deep balls and will shine in Tedfords system. This was an overall team because they made to many mistakes which Oregon st points. Oregon St. played a pretty clean game and put themselves in a position to win. I hope Cal tightens some things up and make a run atleast to the Rose Bowl. It is not over especially this year.
TEAM SF GIANTS
TEAM WARRIORS

Kevin Riley may have a huge upside, but just so we can feel what could have been here's his boneheaded play. Watch him roll out of the pocket, outside the hash marks with the the opportunity to RUN OUT OF BOUNDS or just throw it away with PLENTY of time on the clock.

Silicon Valley

^^ After watching that not only could he have RUN OUT OF BOUNDS or THROWN IT AWAY, there was still enough time to get back to the line of scrimmage and SPIKE THE BALL. That being said, the hell was he doing running with the ball after he got tackled????

He flipped the ball towards the long snapper or the ref. He could have thrown it away, but I don't know how/why he would have tried to run out of bounds. From my seats, he had a lane open up to his left, which you don't see on TV. The receivers were running slants and posts out of trips from that side, so the DBs were cleared out to the right. I think that if he would have beat that LB, he scores. Unfortunately, the OSU front 7 is pretty damn good. It's over now. There's another game to concentrate on.

Keep trashing this kid...we'll see how you feel when he's leading this team (maybe as soon as next season).

Team49ers/CalBears

Quote:
don't want to see that Kevin Riley kid EVER touch a football again.

:lol:
laugh.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
Riley played @#%$ great aside from the last play...as i said in FR3SH's thread i really like what i saw from him...for the most part he made good decisions and he can really move...talent wise if your not excited to have a redshirt freshmen like that on your squad i dont know what to say

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Quote:
Longshore is a for not getting healthy during the bye week.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
RAIDER NATION

Let yee nuts hang low or walk the plank
Asomugha - Burgess - Carr - Curry - Gabriel - Howard - Huff - Morrison - Porter - Washington​

Here we go again

It looks like it might be Riley against Cowan tomorrow. Nate is supposed to be 50/50. I would think Cowan's mobility would be very limited, so maybe Gregory should consider being more aggressive with his blitz packages.

Biz Markey is gonna be a gametime decision for UCLA, which bodes well for us. Cal needs to win, and win big.

[Holtz] LETH'S GO [/Holtz]
Team49ers/CalBears

So Riley is starting? I think he redeems himself big time.
TEAM XBOX360​
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.​
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

I'm very confident about our season no matter who's the QB. Riley showed in that OSU game that he's a very good QB, as a redshirt freshman to be doin the @#%$ he did!?? convert a 4th and long in the clutch? those are plays only great players can make. I'd prefer having Longshore at this point (experience), but I don't think we'll lose TOO much by goin with Riley. I just hope Riley can find a way to get DeSean the ball.

For the OSU game, just put it behind, it's over with, we lost for a variety of reasons but that's all a moot point now. everybody in the top 10 is droppin like flies so we're no different...to be honest here on NT Cal seems to be really hated on by any non-Pac10 fans, and it's not just because of FR3SH. For this game, we HAVE to win big...hell even Notre Dame was able to beat UCLA. We need a statement game and blow them out. Then ASU and USC games loom around the corner...

UCLA by 8.

I know my boys have had some hiccups but theres a good team hiding somewhere under all these damn injuries...
THINK BLUE!!

^nah, i think that good team hiding somewhere will show up against USC :D
happy.gif

with these team they could very well come out a beat cal then go lose to washington state next week. SMFH KD job MAY be on the line this week and the players love him so they should come to play and keep the game close

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

somebody please smack this ucla homer announcer. he's irritating me.

:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM SF GIANTS
TEAM WARRIORS

Nice pics JONFARR .

THere has been too many flags for CAL
TEAM XBOX360​
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.​
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

WO WILLIAMS IS THAT DUDE SACTOWN STAND UP

:lol:
laugh.gif
Team49ers/CalBears

Sloppy game so far but DJax is showin why he's the best WR in the country. If Cal's QBs look his way most of the time he can get it..with Jordan out they had to put him withthe offense.

Longshore playin well too....but UCLA is bringin it.

and edit-Autzen looks real vicious. I wouldn't wanna play there as a visiting team

That was a pretty sloppy first half. Cal should easily have about 28 on the board right now.

Forsett doesn't look right today. He's slow and tentative. They need to use Monty.

DJax is heated...it's good though. He needs a fire lit under him.

Sit Brandon Hampton. Where is Bernard Hicks at?

I know Jordan Kay didn't expect to be the starter this year, but he's starting to kill us.
Team49ers/CalBears

lol at fresh gettin heated cuz tenn got smashed. fresh is def a closet Cal fan.
TEAM SF GIANTS
TEAM WARRIORS

Back
Top Bottom