California teen named nation's first transgender homecoming queen!!!!!

If he won "HOMECOMING QUEEN", what did the other girls look like?

MY THOUGHTS

I think 16 is too young to allow kids to do this in school. The subject matter can be tough for other kids to digest and if they don't have a strong household to explain whats going on, the child has no one to explain the situation to them but the other children at school.

I honestly would not want my child at the school not because of this young man's decisions. I would not want my child to be around when certain attitudes are expressed.

View media item 586365

THE ARTICLE WITH VIDS

http://news.yahoo.com/california-te...-transgender-homecoming-queen-053444443.html?

In what is being described as the first known event of its kind, a transgendered teen was named as her high school’s homecoming queen on Friday.
“I am so proud to win this not just for me, but everyone out there,” 16-year-old Cassidy Campbell said after receiving her crown during the halftime of Marina High’s homecoming football game Friday night in Huntington Beach, CA.

The Los Angeles Times published a slideshow of photos from the homecoming event, which you can view here.

Cassidy rose to national prominence when it was reported that she was entering the contest.
“Just to be true to themselves and to let people know around them and to not keep it bottled up inside,” Campbell said about what her win should mean for fellow members of the transgendered community.

Local affiliate KTLA 5 first reported that Campbell had been selected by her classmates at Marina High on Friday to be this year’s homecoming queen.
Marina High Principal Paul Marrow praised his students for Campbell’s victory, saying, “Were proud of the message from home of the Vikings has been one of equity, acceptance, tolerance and respect.”

Earlier on Friday it was reported that Cassidy had been chosen as a finalist in the competition .

Leading up to the selection, Cassidy had been insistent that she hoped her effort would raise awareness and support for other transgendered teens.

"If I win, it would mean that the school recognizes me as the gender I always felt I was," Cassidy said in an interview with the Los Angeles Times . "But with all the attention, I realized it's bigger than me," she said. "I'm doing this for the kids who can't be themselves."

Marina High administrators have also received positive attention for their response to Cassidy’s campaign.

"If Marina High School is to make high-profile news during its homecoming week this year," Morrow said in a statement published by the Times, "then we are proud that the message is one of equity and individual respect."

Im all for quality. Sometimes its a little overwhelming and forced. where does the line get drawn? But whatcha gonna do. Good for her/him.

"Her" winning seems like one of those sympathy cases, where most people voted either because of the "cause" or just to make fun of the situation.

I think 16 is too young to allow kids to do this in school. The subject matter can be tough for other kids to digest and if they don't have a strong household to explain whats going on, the child has no one to explain the situation to them but the other children at school.

I honestly would not want my child at the school not because of this young man's decisions. I would not want my child to be around when certain attitudes are expressed.
So, you don't want your kids around transgendered kids?  Not sure I understand...

smh. cant believe they let this cat do that. puts the other girls that go to that school to shame. 

Man the whole situation is skewed, if it lost the school would have looked like bigots. There was no upside to this.

What bathroom does it use?

So, you don't want your kids around transgendered kids?  Not sure I understand...

I don't want my kids around the attitudes that may be expressed in connection to the young man's decisions. Other children may can the young man names that I would not my 16 year old exposed to or they may revert to physical violence which I would not want my child exposed to. I have hard enough time explaining things to my child, I dont need to explain the meaning of *** or some other derogatory term to my 14 yr old.

Last edited:
maybe because im from california i dont see how this made the news. who cares, let em be who they are

That's a slap in the face to all the real women out there with real vag's...they have to be upset to say the least. 

Back
Top Bottom