Californians, how do you feel about Prop 8: Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry?

Ken

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Brilliant Overlord

I support gay marriage, it's not like my children being exposed to gay people are gonna make them gay. I don't see why gay couples cant be happy just like us straight ones.

ditto on that. people are who they are, you cant change the way they are. And if my kids are gay, i really would not care, as long as they are happy, imcooloo. i just dont wanna HEAR or SEE anything. Kinda like...the overprotective dad and his daughter type stuff
laugh.gif

I don't think they should call it marriage, but I do not care enough to vote against it.

Marriage is a man & a woman.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Who am I to decide how people want to live there life. If gay people want to get married let them, period.
I'm a Christian but this is exactly how I feel. I don't think my beliefs should be forced on anybody and homosexuals should have the rightto get married and should have the same rights as any other married couple.

My opinion to gay marriage shouldn't be allowed in the first place....Marriage was not intended for gay people to begin with.God basically designedmarriage for the opposite sex only.It's easy for us to say....(it's ok,my kids are not going to be gay anyways) ...think again....it does make a bigdifference,it can be a big influence to others.......I don't hate or dislike gay people....i just don't agree with the lifestyle that they are livingin......We people are not designed that way......If we all just be gay...then it's like putting ourselves to extinction.......or may beworse...condemnation from God.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by s dubl

I could care less. If they are together, why not let them marry? no one will know the difference. it wont effect me on bit.

yes i live in california NYC> CA
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Solid post my friend, I agree.[/color]
Gay people are still regular people, they just watch a different brand of pron.

wow
roll.gif

What if your kid saw 2 male chipmunks getting it on in a forest? How do you explain that one?

I thought Californians voted against same-sex marriage rights in the last election. Then the powers that be overturned it (unconstitutional?). Now Cali is going to vote yet again on whether to ban or leave as is. It's a joke we even waste our time with this crap.
My hunch is that this prop WILL get passed. California is a big place, not as liberal as you may think if you live in SF, LA, or Berkeley. Ever been north of SF? Between Stockton and Fresno? East of Sacramento? I think on Nov. 4 you will see that the majority of Californiavoters will not be in favor of same-sex marriage rights. Just like 2004.

Personally, I don't give a damn one way or the other. I already have my set of beliefs and my kids will be taught accordingly. No politician,proposition, bond or measure can tell me ****.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

at least Biden and Palin have one good thing in common, they made this situation CLEAR
laugh.gif

but nah, cant let that happen
I'm almost positive they stand against gay marriage for political purposes, not personal beliefs. If any one of them catches the other one slipping on this issue, votes will be lost. Especially in today's society where gay marriage is still frowned upon.

Can you explain why you feel this way?
Biden agrees that homosexuals couples should have the right to get married and have the same rights as any married couple, but he's catholicand he personally thinks homosexuality is wrong.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I don't think they should call it marriage, but I do not care enough to vote against it.

smh.gif
smh.gif

I would vote no to it..........Marriage can be a man & woman, man & man or woman & woman.......How you gonna say a marriage is a man/womanonly?

Originally Posted by 23sole collector23

My opinion to gay marriage shouldn't be allowed in the first place....Marriage was not intended for gay people to begin with.God basically designed marriage for the opposite sex only.It's easy for us to say....(it's ok,my kids are not going to be gay anyways) ...think again....it does make a big difference,it can be a big influence to others.......I don't hate or dislike gay people....i just don't agree with the lifestyle that they are living in......We people are not designed that way......If we all just be gay...then it's like putting ourselves to extinction.......or may be worse...condemnation from God.
That's complete BS. I'm a devout Christian but I also realize that not everybody has the same beliefs and religion. Some people don'teven believe in god. As a Christian I shall not judge anybody and that includes homosexuals. We may believe god made marriage for man and woman but that'sOUR belief and we shouldn't force OUR beliefs on anybody.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

I could care less. If they are together, why not let them marry? no one will know the difference. it wont effect me on bit.

yes i live in california NYC> CA
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Solid post my friend, I agree.[/color]
Gay people are still regular people, they just watch a different brand of pron.

wow
roll.gif

haha dude said different brand ahahhaha

Here's the thing about bringing religion into this at all. There has to be a separation between church and state. You can't deny someone their rightsbased on religion. It's against the law. I don't understand how people can even rationalize denying someone the right to get married because "Godwould not like it".

Not everyone believes the same way certain religions do. I'm not allowed to impose my religious beliefs on anyone else.

What saddens me about many of my fellow Christians is that we are taught to accept everybody exactly how they are, and not judge them but do the exactopposite.

^^^
WEST2EAST

excellent point. the problem is, people don't need to give a reason to vote yes on prop 8. so if it passes because enough people believe that "goddoesnt want gays to marry," it's still legal.

so even though what you said is exactly correct, it can't change the fact that people can and will vote for this prop based on that vary reason.

...which is totally gay.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

What saddens me about many of my fellow Christians is that we are taught to accept everybody exactly how they are, and not judge them but do the exact opposite.

Im not religious at all, but....QFT. I wish the world could feel this way.

This is tough for me. But I don't think I can support gay marriages.

I live in california. I believe in equal rights. But I feel that a marriage should be between a male and female. If two guys want to live together, and havesex then I don't care. I just oppose them being married.

Originally Posted by cquan05

smh.gif
smh.gif

I would vote no to it..........Marriage can be a man & woman, man & man or woman & woman.......How you gonna say a marriage is a man/woman only?

Because that is what Marriage is defined as in the bible. Period.

Gays have every right to be as miserable as straight people.

I agree you should let them be together. But If my religion says that something is not validated, than why would you need to call it marriage?

As long as they have the SAME rights, tax breaks, visiting rights, will ect....I don't see the big deal, but like I stated I don't really care whatthey call it, so I guess in a way I'm for it.

to the people who are voting yes:

why should your opinion influence their lives?

how does 2 men being married affect you at all?

can anyone answer that for me.

Speaking of Californians, I'd like to see them fund the entire $700B bailout since they are ultimately the cause of the the credit crisis.

Keeping up with the Joneses -> Buying more house than you can afford -> Foreclosures

Enough people doing the same thing -> Many houses on the market -> Supply of houses exceeds demand -> Declining housing prices

Foreclosures + Declining housing prices = Banks can't recoup value of secured mortgage loans -> Mortgage-backed securities deafult -> Disaster

California
smh.gif
FTL

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

This is tough for me. But I don't think I can support gay marriages.

I live in california. I believe in equal rights. But I feel that a marriage should be between a male and female. If two guys want to live together, and have sex then I don't care. I just oppose them being married.
OK so a straight couple are married, the wife doesnt have health insurance. The husbands job will only provide if they are "married". Noproblem there. What about a gay couple? They dont deserve the same right?

smh.gif
smh.gif

I would vote no to it..........Marriage can be a man & woman, man & man or woman & woman.......How you gonna say a marriage is a man/woman only?

I agree you should let them be together. But If my religion says that something is not validated, than why would you need to call it marriage?

As long as they have the SAME rights, tax breaks, visiting rights, will ect....I don't see the big deal, but like I stated I don't really care what they call it, so I guess in a way I'm for it.
That's the problem. Not everybody is your religion, and like I stated I'm a Christian. We as Christians should NOT force our beliefs onanybody. If they want to get married they should have that right.

smh.gif
smh.gif

As long as they have the SAME rights, tax breaks, visiting rights, will ect....I don't see the big deal, but like I stated I don't really care what they call it, so I guess in a way I'm for it.

The BIBLE is NOT the CONSTITUTION. Not everyone in this country adheres to the Bible, so you can't use that as reasoning. Being against gay marriage ispretty absurd imo.

smh.gif
smh.gif

That's the problem. Not everybody is your religion, and like I stated I'm a Christian. We as Christians should NOT force our beliefs on anybody. If they want to get married they should have that right.

In every religious document. Koran/Torah ect....States the same, and God is in pretty much every legal document. Including the CONSTITUTION.

Im not a christian either.

Marriage is a religious word.

Civil Unions receive the EXACT same rights as marriages, the only difference is the NAME. That is it.

smh.gif
smh.gif

That's the problem. Not everybody is your religion, and like I stated I'm a Christian. We as Christians should NOT force our beliefs on anybody. If they want to get married they should have that right.

In every religious document. Koran/Torah ect....States the same, and God is in pretty much every legal document. Including the CONSTITUTION.

Civil Unions receive the EXACT same rights as marriages, the only difference is the NAME. That is it.

no they dont

smh.gif
smh.gif

Marriage is not a religious word. Look it up in the dictionary.

Back
Top Bottom