Campaign against Playstation Plus paywall

I'm also of the opinion that online multiplayer should be free. Similarly, I also have the opinion that water should be free. Personally, I don't buy bottled water. But if you told me that with the purchase of a bottle of water I would get a Pastrami sandwich and a side of fries for free I would be more than happy to spend my money on that bottled water. That is in essence how I view this online multiplayer situation. I don't want to pay for it but PSN+ provides such an attractive deal with all the free games, content, and perks, that I find it hard, in fact, almost laughable to complain about paying the fee. As opposed to XBox Live where you don't get anywhere near the content and you are paying to access apps that you already pay for. I cannot fault Sony at all for capitalizing on a business model XBox made viable and then going COMPLETELY out of their way to make it palatable for the consumers. They didn't have to give us free ****. But they did, because they know that they're asking more of us than traditionally was required. They even went as far as to apologize for placing this additional financial burden on us. That's solid business decorum if you ask me. So while you may view it as a "money grab" don't be mad at the rest of us who view it as Sony meeting us half way in a process that was all but inevitable.

im gonna go ahead & ask a dumb question

does this mean if i want to play someone online on 2k(the only time im online)

i have to pay for ps+???

im gonna go ahead & ask a dumb question

does this mean if i want to play someone online on 2k(the only time im online)

i have to pay for ps+???
That is exactly what it means.

Do you think it's fair that you have to pay $50 a year to access the online portion of 2K14, something that is already on the disc and that you've already paid for?

I do not think that is fair, and that is the perspective that I'm thinking of.

Improvements to PSN would be fine, that's obvious (although on my end, I'm having zero problems with PSN). But locking online multiplayer is a shady way to go about it, especially when it affects your purchase. 

im gonna go ahead

Do you think it's fair that you have to pay $50 a year to access the online portion of 2K14, something that is already on the disc and that you've already paid for?

Improvements to PSN would be fine, that's obvious (although on my end, I'm having zero problems with PSN). But locking online multiplayer is a shady way to go about it, especially when it affects your purchase. 

that is pretty stupid...especially since ps+ stuff has never caught me enough that i figured i HAD to buy it...i had it free for a month & used it all of 2 hrs

ive personally never had an issue with the PSN but im not playing COD & all that other crap everyone normally does it works perfect online for 2k13... only time i have lag is someone with a beyond crappy connection

Last edited:
Lets be real here, life isn't fair, man. It is what it is, and I can understand why Sony would do it.

I don't think it's fair, but it's on the bottom of the list of unfair things I want to be up in arms over.

Do you think it's fair that you have to pay $100 more for the illuminati box with features no one want?

I do not think that is fair

I'm also of the opinion that online multiplayer should be free. Similarly, I also have the opinion that water should be free. Personally, I don't buy bottled water. But if you told me that with the purchase of a bottle of water I would get a Pastrami sandwich and a side of fries for free I would be more than happy to spend my money on that bottled water. That is in essence how I view this online multiplayer situation. I don't want to pay for it but PSN+ provides such an attractive deal with all the free games, content, and perks, that I find it hard, in fact, almost laughable to complain about paying the fee. As opposed to XBox Live where you don't get anywhere near the content and you are paying to access apps that you already pay for. I cannot fault Sony at all for capitalizing on a business model XBox made viable and then going COMPLETELY out of their way to make it palatable for the consumers. They didn't have to give us free ****. But they did, because they know that they're asking more of us than traditionally was required. They even went as far as to apologize for placing this additional financial burden on us. That's solid business decorum if you ask me. So while you may view it as a "money grab" don't be mad at the rest of us who view it as Sony meeting us half way in a process that was all but inevitable.

OP what do you feel about this quoted post? I think you skipped it.

No one is making you buy a PS4.

If you want play games online free, buy a damn PC.

Or just play single player.

im gonna go ahead

that is pretty stupid...especially since ps+ stuff has never caught me enough that i figured i HAD to buy it...i had it free for a month & used it all of 2 hrs

ive personally never had an issue with the PSN but im not playing COD & all that other crap everyone normally does it works perfect online for 2k13... only time i have lag is someone with a beyond crappy connection

Why don't you expand your game library :nerd:

none of the rest of those games hold my attention to be honest

Last edited:
Reading this thread is funny. You will spend around $ over the next 8 years you will use the PS4 if you buy at launch but that is nothing compared to the games, accessories, newer console iterations, and controllers over the next 4 years.

OP crap aint free and with the price is just one game less a year. Not that big of a deal. Hell they constantly give you free games added to your library every month so calm down.

I expected that Sony would begin to charge for online gaming service because of the entire hacking situation.

Gotta give it up to OP.

24 hours later and dude is still waging a one-man flame war.

Word to Sparta.

OP if you ever pay the full price for PS+, you're doing it wrong. Trust and believe that every holiday season they will be on sale for like $30, stock up and you won't even feel it.

Sony needs to money to support their online system, they will still be giving you free games after that, and are launching at $100 cheaper than the Xbone.

Real talk, anybody criticizing Sony right now really needs to consider Shutting the **** up.

Last edited:
OP if you ever pay the full price for PS+, you're doing it wrong. Trust and believe that every holiday season they will be on sale for like $30, stock up and you won't even feel it.

Sony needs to money to support their online system, they will still be giving you free games after that, and are launching at $100 cheaper than the Xbone.

Real talk, anybody criticizing Sony right now really needs to consider Shutting the **** up.

:smokin

No, it's not.

I've already posted some reasons why it's not but you just ignored it.

Sony claims to be improving it's online network, which is why its customers have to pay for psn.

Also other ppl have posted other reasons like psn + gives you a lot of bang for your buck.
Your reasoning is flawed.

You're are trying to say Plus is worth it for reasons that make it of value TO YOU. You are ALSO taking the PR spin to heart.

Just look at the responses in this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587551

Almost everyone is stating this is PR spin. You seem to think corporations have consumers' interests in mind when making decisions involving money. I can assure you that is baloney. 

Plus is of no value to me, simply because of what and how I play (a lot of online multiplayer, and in spurts, respectively). There is no bang for my buck when it is ultimately useless to me. Further, Plus' install base is pathetically weak, proving that most people don't want or need it. This is almost 100% WHY Sony is mandating it now-- they are providing a service most people ignore. By making it mandatory, they get the money they thought they'd take away from MS.

It IS a cash grab. There is no incentive for the user why online multiplayer is behind a paywall.
No, ps+ holds its value to most people.

If sony needs my money in order to make psn better, they can have it.

If they do keep their word and improve psn, I'll keep buying subscriptions.

They illustrated that ps+ has a high customer satisfaction rate, it being 95%. 

When you inevitably buy your ps+, maybe you'll be the 5%. 
A troll is someone who ignores logical points, attacks people, and pretends to be oblivious of his trolling.

You've exhibited all of these traits.
Your definition is cute, but sorry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Thanks for playing. 
You're trolling.

There are no and, ifs, or buts about it.

Probably the silliest thing I've seen on here is plus gives you free games.

Free games, because you've spent money, right? What kind of oxymoron...

Second silliest was "buys new car, wants free gas". First of all, what I'm talking about has precedence-- PS2 had free online, and PS3 did. And not only that, we're not talking about something that you continually need (like a vehicle needs gas). It would have made sense if I was petitioning for them to add a second controller in the box. 

To use YOUR example, it'd be like you buying a car off the lot and there is NO GAS IN THE TANK, making you pay for something that should come with it. 

@Rusty 

I can't believe you're serious. No one should be critiquing Sony? LMAO... Let's examine exactly what Sony did at E3:

1. Announce that things would STAY EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY ARE NOW, regarding used games
2. Take online multiplayer AWAY.

And, we should be singing their praises? I can't even...  If this were a plus and minus scale, Sony would be at -1: there was nothing positive about what they announced. And don't even bring up MS because you're talking to a PS3 user. 

But OP, I'm also of the opinion that online multiplayer should be free. Similarly, I also have the opinion that water should be free. Personally, I don't buy bottled water. But if you told me that with the purchase of a bottle of water I would get a Pastrami sandwich and a side of fries for free I would be more than happy to spend my money on that bottled water. That is in essence how I view this online multiplayer situation. I don't want to pay for it but PSN+ provides such an attractive deal with all the free games, content, and perks, that I find it hard, in fact, almost laughable to complain about paying the fee. As opposed to XBox Live where you don't get anywhere near the content and you are paying to access apps that you already pay for. I cannot fault Sony at all for capitalizing on a business model XBox made viable and then going COMPLETELY out of their way to make it palatable for the consumers. They didn't have to give us free ****. But they did, because they know that they're asking more of us than traditionally was required. They even went as far as to apologize for placing this additional financial burden on us. That's solid business decorum if you ask me. So while you may view it as a "money grab" don't be mad at the rest of us who view it as Sony meeting us half way in a process that was all but inevitable.

Lol

lol its $50 a year... I can promise you all the free games they give you is way more than $50 worth. And they aren't giving away crappy games either!

Back
Top Bottom