Campaign against Playstation Plus paywall

Wow. Dude is on the defensive like his life depended on it.
Would you like me to stop replying to people directing insults, vitriol and general negativity?

I mean, I mention that I'm 'struggling' to garner support, someone tries to make a joke out of it. Hey that's cool, say what you want, but why am I being made to look like the bad guy if I retort?

I don't know, just seems like people who have nothing to add join the hive mind in order to get a rise. 

...and I was called a troll...

That is exactly what I am talking about. You are defensive, you think people should read that reply positively? You see nothing wrong with that?

You said it yourself, people can read anything defensively but everything I quoted could have been said better and I almost guarantee the reply would be less negative. Someone else even quoted some of those while I gather your quotes so obviously I am not alone.

And your analogy of comparing yourself to Alexander Bell is pretty arrogant no matter how you look at it and yes people knows it's an analogy and a terrible one at that.

But hey, I am actually responding to you in a mature way to set the thread to a more positive way but if you prefer emoticons and gif replies that ridicule you then that is on you. Best of luck.

Would you like me to stop replying to people directing insults, vitriol and general negativity?

I mean, I mention that I'm 'struggling' to garner support, someone tries to make a joke out of it. Hey that's cool, say what you want, but why am I being made to look like the bad guy if I retort?

I don't know, just seems like people who have nothing to add join the hive mind in order to get a rise. 

...and I was called a troll...

You were called a troll because of all the responses you gave but yes you can reply but in a less defensive way. And yes, you can ignore some of the obvious posts that is trying to get a rise out of you as well, no need to reply to each and everyone of them, especially the way you do it. That is how you move the thread in a positive way and get your message across better. This is an online forum and 100 people could just create a new account and troll you to death, just got to ignore and move on. People will response better to enthusiasm instead of defensive response.

I admit you posted some positive info relevant to your cause/message but you are just going about it the wrong way with your replies.

Last edited:

Something more than a few people need to see. 
that little rant reminded me on how little i miss da video game world...

You just cheap bruh
It's not about the money. 

It is anti consumer to the point of being almost as bad as DRM. I mean, are you OK with a company artificially halving the value of something you purchased for full value?

Why are people ignoring this point?

Even if it were about the money, why are you people content to let this slide, and take advantage of the people who aren't as well off as you (those who "aren't cheap")? Seeing the things I've seen on this site, I will conclude that many of us are from poorer families and can understand how it used to be when all you could afford was the console and MAYBE a game. Through that lens, why are we sweeping this under the rug? There are still many people like that, and they don't have anyone looking out for them...

I can afford the money. I posted a link showing that I was an Xbox gamer in the beginning, and yeah I paid Xbox live. I could probably pay 4 subscriptions and it not affect my bottom line. It's about principle here. We need to stand up to these companies and not let them take advantage of us ALL THE TIME. It's a shameless cash grab by Sony, and we shouldn't stand for it. 

yeah ima side w/ OP, I always liked that online play didn't cost extra w/ the ps3 ..... things getting pricey combined with controller and game costs, looks like I will not be copping a new console at least for now

You were called a troll because of all the responses you gave but yes you can reply but in a less defensive way. And yes, you can ignore some of the obvious posts that is trying to get a rise out of you as well, no need to reply to each and everyone of them, especially the way you do it. That is how you move the thread in a positive way and get your message across better. This is an online forum and 100 people could just create a new account and troll you to death, just got to ignore and move on. People will response better to enthusiasm instead of defensive response.

I admit you posted some positive info relevant to your cause/message but you are just going about it the wrong way with your replies.
If what I said was positive or relevant, all I needed to hear. At least people can hear the message. 

Also I think you guys don't know what a troll is, and only use it because it's a buzzword, srsly. 

No, it's not.

I've already posted some reasons why it's not but you just ignored it.

Sony claims to be improving it's online network, which is why its customers have to pay for psn.

Also other ppl have posted other reasons like psn + gives you a lot of bang for your buck.

If what I said was positive or relevant, all I needed to hear. At least people can hear the message. 

Also I think you guys don't know what a troll is, and only use it because it's a buzzword, srsly. 
A troll is someone who ignores logical points, attacks people, and pretends to be oblivious of his trolling.

You've exhibited all of these traits.

No, it's not.

I've already posted some reasons why it's not but you just ignored it.

Sony claims to be improving it's online network, which is why its customers have to pay for psn.

Also other ppl have posted other reasons like psn + gives you a lot of bang for your buck.
Your reasoning is flawed.

You're are trying to say Plus is worth it for reasons that make it of value TO YOU. You are ALSO taking the PR spin to heart.

Just look at the responses in this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587551

Almost everyone is stating this is PR spin. You seem to think corporations have consumers' interests in mind when making decisions involving money. I can assure you that is baloney. 

Plus is of no value to me, simply because of what and how I play (a lot of online multiplayer, and in spurts, respectively). There is no bang for my buck when it is ultimately useless to me. Further, Plus' install base is pathetically weak, proving that most people don't want or need it. This is almost 100% WHY Sony is mandating it now-- they are providing a service most people ignore. By making it mandatory, they get the money they thought they'd take away from MS.

It IS a cash grab. There is no incentive for the user why online multiplayer is behind a paywall.

As long as Sony uses the money to better the online experience, I don't see the problem. Gamers were lucky Sony allowed free online multiplayer to go on for all of last generation.

Suck it up. I really don't think it's that big of an issue of principle.

Well then.

Last edited:
You just cheap bruh
It's not about the money. 

It is anti consumer to the point of being almost as bad as DRM. I mean, are you OK with a company artificially halving the value of something you purchased for full value?

Why are people ignoring this point?

Even if it were about the money, why are you people content to let this slide, and take advantage of the people who aren't as well off as you (those who "aren't cheap")? Seeing the things I've seen on this site, I will conclude that many of us are from poorer families and can understand how it used to be when all you could afford was the console and MAYBE a game. Through that lens, why are we sweeping this under the rug? There are still many people like that, and they don't have anyone looking out for them...

I can afford the money. I posted a link showing that I was an Xbox gamer in the beginning, and yeah I paid Xbox live. I could probably pay 4 subscriptions and it not affect my bottom line. It's about principle here. We need to stand up to these companies and not let them take advantage of us ALL THE TIME. It's a shameless cash grab by Sony, and we shouldn't stand for it. 

I agree man that's why I'm not buying either one. I'm speaking with my dollar which is the only language corporations understand.

Last edited:
As long as Sony uses the money to better the online experience, I don't see the problem. Gamers were lucky Sony allowed free online multiplayer to go on for all of last generation.

This kind of reasoning I seriously hate.

So, we were LUCKY Sony decided to...go par for the course?

Online gaming being free IS THE NORM. Microsoft was previously the absolute only company charging a premium for it. 

Also I should suck it up? 

You mind answering a question people keep ignoring?

Are you OK with not receiving the full value of an item you've already paid for, unless you pay again?

Online gaming being free IS THE NORM. Microsoft was previously the absolute only company charging a premium for it. 

Are you OK with not receiving the full value of an item you've already paid for, unless you pay again?

I think it's crazy I pay a water bill every month when water was free for hundreds of thousands of years but I deal with it.

Next thing you know they will be charging us for air.

Last edited:

How the hell are you going to call someone out for saying they think the charge for online play is worth it to them, then say that someone isn't getting the full value of something they paid for?

That's what YOU think.

OP you are either really naive or really stupid, I'm leaning toward a bit of both.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom