Can Gallinari become...

Problem is, Gallo has the confidence of a 14 year old about to lose his v-card. his only real negative.

Has anyone other than completely uninformed basketball fans compared him to Dirk?

What about them are similar the fact that they are white Europeans, or that they shoot threes. Really different players, Dirk is a legit 4 a deadly scorer with his back to the basket. Gallo is a three who can play 4 in specific situations, He's far more of a Hedo,  he didn't get to handle the ball a lot in NY I'm hoping he does in Denver because that's where his true potential lies. In Europe he played that point forward roll bringing the ball up and running the offense.

I've been a Gallo fan for a while and it's even more so now that he doesn't play for the Knicks.

Has anyone other than completely uninformed basketball fans compared him to Dirk?

What about them are similar the fact that they are white Europeans, or that they shoot threes. Really different players, Dirk is a legit 4 a deadly scorer with his back to the basket. Gallo is a three who can play 4 in specific situations, He's far more of a Hedo,  he didn't get to handle the ball a lot in NY I'm hoping he does in Denver because that's where his true potential lies. In Europe he played that point forward roll bringing the ball up and running the offense.

I've been a Gallo fan for a while and it's even more so now that he doesn't play for the Knicks.

dude is just inconsistant like everyone said...he can go off for 30 one night and the next night he puts up like 5....

dude is just inconsistant like everyone said...he can go off for 30 one night and the next night he puts up like 5....

I hope but probably not because he's really inconsistent and I question his basketball IQ sometimes. Pair him up with JR Smith (or anyone in Denver especially now with Chauncey gone) could be a gift and a curse. He can be a good player which he is already but he has ways to go until become great. 
I would like to believe that his confidence issue was just about playing in NBA and in New York, I can understand that. It's extremely hard for someone from other country to settle right in especially when they are thrown into a big city like New York (even though the dude played for Milan, which is another big city itself but I guess it's nothing like New York). Maybe he can blossom in more subtler and smaller city like Denver.

I hope but probably not because he's really inconsistent and I question his basketball IQ sometimes. Pair him up with JR Smith (or anyone in Denver especially now with Chauncey gone) could be a gift and a curse. He can be a good player which he is already but he has ways to go until become great. 
I would like to believe that his confidence issue was just about playing in NBA and in New York, I can understand that. It's extremely hard for someone from other country to settle right in especially when they are thrown into a big city like New York (even though the dude played for Milan, which is another big city itself but I guess it's nothing like New York). Maybe he can blossom in more subtler and smaller city like Denver.

Gallo will never be the player Dirk is, which is why he was an easy guy to trade.

I'd take Chandler over Gallo any day, eff that high ceiling talk thats just another word for ''potential'' which has gotten many gm's in trouble. And i like Gallo too but ALL he can do is shoot and he cant even do that consistently. Hes streaky as hell.

Lets not pretend Will is not streaky as hell, he shoots jumpers most of the time at well. If anything Gallo is better at getting to the line than Will is.

Gallo will never be the player Dirk is, which is why he was an easy guy to trade.

I'd take Chandler over Gallo any day, eff that high ceiling talk thats just another word for ''potential'' which has gotten many gm's in trouble. And i like Gallo too but ALL he can do is shoot and he cant even do that consistently. Hes streaky as hell.

Lets not pretend Will is not streaky as hell, he shoots jumpers most of the time at well. If anything Gallo is better at getting to the line than Will is.

Gallo doesnt have the ball handling skills to be a point foward. thats what everyone wanted him to be, but he couldnt do it. Now if youre willingly to experiment and give him some time, he'll definitely be able to reach that goal.

Gallo doesnt have the ball handling skills to be a point foward. thats what everyone wanted him to be, but he couldnt do it. Now if youre willingly to experiment and give him some time, he'll definitely be able to reach that goal.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i think that will change next year

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i think that will change next year

hes a good player and i think he can be the #1 option on the nuggets but average 25 a night i doubt it....hes a good player with a nice J and can get to the line but like others said he is inconsistent....and i still love the trade for melo and id do it again if i had the choice... gallo is all potential and theres nothing guaranteed really... he has a nice J but he can't finish at the rim and sometimes disappears from games whether its scoring 30 1 night to 10 the next game or scoring 20 the first half of a game and 0 the second half....

hes a good player and i think he can be the #1 option on the nuggets but average 25 a night i doubt it....hes a good player with a nice J and can get to the line but like others said he is inconsistent....and i still love the trade for melo and id do it again if i had the choice... gallo is all potential and theres nothing guaranteed really... he has a nice J but he can't finish at the rim and sometimes disappears from games whether its scoring 30 1 night to 10 the next game or scoring 20 the first half of a game and 0 the second half....

He's still new to the league. Give him time to adjust to his new team. He's gonna do big things.

He's still new to the league. Give him time to adjust to his new team. He's gonna do big things.

Funny, if this thread was made 2 weeks ago it would've been filled with "
laugh.gif
and
roll.gif
"

Funny, if this thread was made 2 weeks ago it would've been filled with "
laugh.gif
and
roll.gif
"

I was never too big on Gallo.

He's not particularly coordinated when he plays. His back problems slow down his lateral movement. His bball IQ is good enough but he depends too much on the 3 pointer. He's just learning to put the ball on the floor and has no in between game.

He is capable of having big games. But don't depend on it. He's definitely not a #1 option at all. He's not a killer by any means. With the Nuggets offense, he'll definitely get touches but they should just share the ball. Making him your #1 option would be a dumb move.

I was never too big on Gallo.

He's not particularly coordinated when he plays. His back problems slow down his lateral movement. His bball IQ is good enough but he depends too much on the 3 pointer. He's just learning to put the ball on the floor and has no in between game.

He is capable of having big games. But don't depend on it. He's definitely not a #1 option at all. He's not a killer by any means. With the Nuggets offense, he'll definitely get touches but they should just share the ball. Making him your #1 option would be a dumb move.

Back
Top Bottom