Can I become a Probation Officer with a criminal record

well, if Rick Ro$$ did it... 
laugh.gif

yes

most PO's have a rocky past

hell most cops have a criminal record themsevles

if you had a fenloy and it got expunged then you dont have a record anyway

but even if you did it wouldnt matter

i am currently a intern Juvi probation Officer and i can tell you that its gonna be very, very hard to get a job. and you better have ur degree as well.

to be a cop, you only need a H.S. degree and have not done drugs for three years but most places wont even look at you because of the competition of people that have NEVER done drugs with college degrees. just because you can become one, doesnt mean that its gonna be easy.

you are already at a disadvantage because i can bet you the people you are going against for the job dont even have parking tickets.

good luck.

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

yes

Nah, the police can still pull it up. It's been done before
tired.gif
. So now I wondering if this can stop me from actually getting this kinda job.

well, if Rick Ro$$ did it...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

i am currently a intern Juvi probation Officer and i can tell you that its gonna be very, very hard to get a job. and you better have ur degree as well.

to be a cop, you only need a H.S. degree and have not done drugs for three years but most places wont even look at you because of the competition of people that have NEVER done drugs with college degrees. just because you can become one, doesnt mean that its gonna be easy.

you are already at a disadvantage because i can bet you the people you are going against for the job dont even have parking tickets.

good luck.

BRO!

I'm interested in your career path from A-Z regarding schooling. PM me please

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

good luck.
Yeah, I'm in the process of getting y degree. Just wanted to know if I was headed in the right direction career wise.
3 years without drugs? guess I can work on that from today
eyes.gif
. Thanks for the advice man.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

were you convicted of that felony?
Yes, but my record was expunged at 18. Thing is that any police organization can still pull up my record.

if its been expunged i thought it was only the military that was allowed to look at those OG records??
i recently caught a case myself, plead guilty to a lesser charge, now im on probation. ill be able to get my record expunged in three years. when i heard that i was happier than a $%!!%+%**@%!.......but whats this??
maybe expungement isn't even all that great tho? i really done @@+*@+ up if this expungement bs aint even really 'for keeps'.
can somebody drop some knowledge???

Originally Posted by kuhui

if its been expunged i thought it was only the military that was allowed to look at those OG records??
i recently caught a case myself, plead guilty to a lesser charge, now im on probation. ill be able to get my record expunged in three years. when i heard that i was happier than a $%!!%+%**@%!.......but whats this??
maybe expungement isn't even all that great tho? i really done @@+*@+ up if this expungement bs aint even really 'for keeps'.
can somebody drop some knowledge???
no, if you go for any type of govt job, they can look up your whole life. my friend is currently getting his Masters in criminology and he is applying for federal police work and he still has to explain himself about how he got his Minor in Possession 5 years ago, and thats been off his record. just dont lie and its really up to the employer. it all comes down to the choices you make in life, and a lot of youth dont realize that it can come back and hit you in a big way. esp. since ppl with PhD are looking for work.

cinco. check your inbox.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

yes

eh?

anyway...OP go here: http://forums.officer.com...display.php?37-Ask-a-Cop
Most cops have a criminal record?
laugh.gif

The NYPD does background checks and won't even hire you if you've got a felony on your record.

yes

Man even on an internet forum (the one dirty posted), police officers come off as pompous arrogant fecal matter
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Guy just asked a simple question and they go off as if he's speaking amongst gods. [Police Thread Here]

And yes I know all cops aren't like them but damn they make it so hard to be viewed in a positive manner sometimes...

Back
Top Bottom