Can someone give a good reason why weed should NOT be legalized?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

One it's safer illegal. Two U.S drug cartels could make no money off of it.3the government would waste so much money regulating it would be terrible.Three easy access to it by minors would double overnight.Four Cartels would go to war with the US Cartels literally.Five you would see some wild west style shoot outs and killings over farm land and fertile soil. 6 Dalisto has no clothes too match with it

This is why threads like this exist, because the people who are for itbeing illegal just spew out garbage and people like OP never get aserious answer.

How is it safer illegal? It's not.

U.S. drug cartels couldn't make money off it? I'm gonna assume you mean DEA, FBI, etc. It's not like these people are going to be out of a job, they will just divert their resources elsewhere.  How would the government loose money regulating? That makes absolutely 0 sense. The only industry that would suffer financially is the penitentiary system.

Easy access by minors would double over night? Are you serious? When I was a kid it was harder for us to buy a swisher than it was to cop a sack. Weed is EASIER for minors to get BECAUSE it's illegal. Ask any high school kid w/o a fake ID what's easier for them to obtain, weed or alcohol.
Exactly.
Its like conservative/religious fundies legislating morality via premaritial sex or homophobia, when they have higher incidents of teen pregnancies at home and have more closet gay people. If you try to keep people from doing things that are readily available to them, its going to just screw everyone over. Responses by certain usernames always make me wonder how people can consistently fall into every stereotype possible. I swear that I can reasonably predict what the next stance some of them will have on some issues. 
And then dudes wanna tell me that alcohol or cigarettes are safer? 
roll.gif
I don't even smoke, but you can tell who gets their info from conservative and restrictive think tanks and sound-bites. There is just so much misinformation out there. Its ridiculous. 

People opposing legalization can't even justify their stance beyond "well its bad" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Cause if you make weed legal, then people want crack and cocaine legal. People want all or nothing, and still wouldn't be satisfied with either.

why not make crack and cocaine legal?

Originally Posted by BronLe

Positives:

- Less non-violent offenders in prisons

When I read this at first I thought it said "Less violent" and thought... yeah, every stoner I know isn't violent at all, there would be way less violent crimes if weed was legal
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Cause if you make weed legal, then people want crack and cocaine legal. People want all or nothing, and still wouldn't be satisfied with either.

why not make crack and cocaine legal?
I hope you're being sarcastic or trying to be funny.

The other uses for
pimp.gif
would put a lot of U.S. corporations out of business. I'm talking losing billions of dollars.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

The other uses for
pimp.gif
would put a lot of U.S. corporations out of business. I'm talking losing billions of dollars.

true..  the big business owners knew hemp would hurt their pockets so they made up a bunch of bs and got the sheep to listen.  

All about the money generated through the courts...thats why you have judges, the baliff (sp?), states attorney,police overtime,...its always about the money.

I agree that if alcohol and tobacco islegal, why not the ganja....but in the end its all about the money.

Why, because they're both drugs? That's possibly the dumbest conclusion I've ever read
laugh.gif

So everybody that smokes weed or wants it legalized is also a cokehead or thinks cocaine should be legal? Or once weed is legalized, that won't be good enough and people will move on to wanting to do crack? Alcohol is just as much of a drug with more severe effects than weed, and it's ingrained in the culture. And yet somehow I don't see too many people out there wanting cocaine legalized. 

On that "IT'S A DANGEROUS GATEWAY DRUG" logic
laugh.gif

If you don't think it should be legal then it's your right to believe that. But then you should probably also be opposed to alcohol and possibly cigarettes or else you're just a hypocrite/blindly opposed to it for no reason.

Would anybody not smoke weed even if it was legalized?

I've never smoked weed and I still wouldn't smoke is it was legalized.

But, I guess I agree with the OP as of right now. I don't see what harm it would do if legalized and the OP made some decent points. I'll read through the rest of the thread to see what objections people have.

it can make you very lazy and causes procrastination. that's the main downside for me which is why i just try to do it at night

Thing is this idiot silly putty didnt read what I said I didn't say it was bad or immoral I just said legalizing it will not be worthwhile. Corporations selling weed laced with toxins and chemicals is a horrible . You try to make everyone sound stupid or like they are lesser than you for what some stupid obnoxious colored font and a bunch of shallow 4chan pics .Decriminalize it don't legalize it.This big companies would love to get in on marijuana and dilute and pollute it.

You are a terrible troll and you need to get banned again .

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Why, because they're both drugs? That's possibly the dumbest conclusion I've ever read
laugh.gif

So everybody that smokes weed or wants it legalized is also a cokehead or thinks cocaine should be legal? Or once weed is legalized, that won't be good enough and people will move on to wanting to do crack? Alcohol is just as much of a drug with more severe effects than weed, and it's ingrained in the culture. And yet somehow I don't see too many people out there wanting cocaine legalized. 

On that "IT'S A DANGEROUS GATEWAY DRUG" logic
laugh.gif

Actually that's just a general conclusion. People are never satisfied once you let them get what they want. I wasn't lumping weed smokers with cocaine/crack users, it's 
just a logical conclusion that if you legalize weed, than cocaine/crack users will wants their "rights" to use their drug of choice too. If you can't wrap your mind around that, 

I can't help you. It's really not hard to get.

@Sleaze Jar: That article actually makes sense, I'm just not sure how that would go over in the US compared to other countries.

Thing is this idiot silly putty didnt read what I said I didn't say it was bad or immoral I just said legalizing it will not be worthwhile. Corporations selling weed laced with toxins and chemicals is a horrible . You try to make everyone sound stupid or like they are lesser than you for what some stupid obnoxious colored font and a bunch of shallow 4chan pics .Decriminalize it don't legalize it.This big companies would love to get in on marijuana and dilute and pollute it.

first of all, I wan't even talking to you specifically.

Second of all, you didn't even address the guy who quoted you in the first place. 
laugh.gif

Third, why are you calling people names? Isn't that against the ToS? I didn't see anyone doing that to you.  

Fourth of all, no one is trying to make you sound better or worse than you already do. Nor did I offer an opinion on how you sounded. Thats on you to decide. I simply said that your position lacked any sort of reasoning or evidence to support it beyond personal anecdotes. 

Next, Its funny how "trolls" just happen to be people who disagree with you. Maybe if you stopped saying things without any evidence to support wild assertions that "corporations would lace our weed with chemicals" and other unfounded statements then no one would have to even quote you in the first place. 

Lastly, I didn't say that YOU said weed was bad or wrong, I said that was the general opinion of people who tend to support anti-drug laws. I was speaking about the group, NOT you. 

Corporations should not sell it. But it should be decriminalized imo, then we can just grow our own. I don't understand why I can't smoke in the privacy of my own home. I dont sell anything, who am I hurting?

but it'll never be legal because it makes you stupid, and it turns you into an alcoholic atheist crackhead manic depressive homosexual terrorist.

@Peep Game it would probably go over horribly here honestly. americans have a problem with moderation and knowing their limits.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

What are you talking about man.. You realize your food has chemicals in it, hell soda is all chemicals 
laugh.gif

You could either A. buy organically grown, or B. Grow it yourself 

If its decriminalized people will still get in trouble over it, which is ridiculous.

Thing is u won't be able to grow it if it's legalized because it will be covered by the FDA or the TTB.Do y'all think once those big companies and politicians get there hands on it y'all won't be regulated to the seed .They aren't gonna let you just buy any seeds or strains you want.You won't be able to just sell weed or create your own farm.How many people have their own distilleries and tobacco farms in america .Not many if you think weed is gonna be treated like canola,wheat or cotton you are sadly mistaken.At silly putty you called me a hypocrite moralist or some crap

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Corporations should not sell it. But it should be decriminalized imo, then we can just grow our own. I don't understand why I can't smoke in the privacy of my own home. I dont sell anything, who am I hurting?

You are hurting my kid who hoped in your backyard and took it and smoked it. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

first of all, I wan't even talking to you specifically.

Second of all, you didn't even address the guy who quoted you in the first place. 
laugh.gif

Third, why are you calling people names? Isn't that against the ToS? I didn't see anyone doing that to you.  

Fourth of all, no one is trying to make you sound better or worse than you already do. Nor did I offer an opinion on how you sounded. Thats on you to decide. I simply said that your position lacked any sort of reasoning or evidence to support it beyond personal anecdotes. 

Next, Its funny how "trolls" just happen to be people who disagree with you. Maybe if you stopped saying things without any evidence to support wild assertions that "corporations would lace our weed with chemicals" and other unfounded statements then no one would have to even quote you in the first place. 

Lastly, I didn't say that YOU said weed was bad or wrong, I said that was the general opinion of people who tend to support anti-drug laws. I was speaking about the group, NOT you. 

They lace cigs with chemicals why not weed?

Back
Top Bottom