Can someone school me on EKIN please....

I thought you were talkin about the OG NT'er who would drop wallet breaker posts. Dude was really a god around these parts years ago. He was THE ONE withexclusive info/pics on J's and Nikes. Awww, the good ole days...
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by White23Chocolate

I thought you were talkin about the OG NT'er who would drop wallet breaker posts. Dude was really a god around these parts years ago. He was THE ONE with exclusive info/pics on J's and Nikes. Awww, the good ole days...
embarassed.gif
He was like one of the few dudes to look out for on NT. Now there are multiple people with info. Man I miss the simpler days.

helped out a lot around NT until he took a job that required to leave this site i think.

its also nike spelled backwards if that matters...

what ever happened to snuggles Mcduggles?

basically EKINs or Nike spelt backwards,are nike employees.sort of like merchandisers to a degree but alot more important.they gather sales info fornike,product impressions,hold clinics etc. and then with all the info they return to nike to help improve the design process.I hope to become an EKIN one dayso that's why I know .then I can drop the info for everyone haha.

unless you know EKINs and or are pretty in the loop with Nike Marketing... Find another career path.. Sorry. its just not gonna happen

Wow Ekin.....brings back memories I think it was ekin702 or something but yeah son was dropping jewels all the time
smokin.gif
Didnt we find out that Snuggles wasa girl
pimp.gif

I have spoken to Rock about this,and he advised me to become a merchandiser for FTL(where I am employed) and prove my product knowledge there.due to the closeties Nike and FL have,I have a better chance that way.Who knows maybe one day I will be running Jordan Brand making all the changes people want to see.odderthings have happened.

Originally Posted by T11Time

Wow Ekin.....brings back memories I think it was ekin702 or something but yeah son was dropping jewels all the time
smokin.gif
Didnt we find out that Snuggles was a girl
pimp.gif

Trust, Snuggles is NOT a female.

smh.gif
Ehhhh I'm not claiming OG (check my stats) just couldn't remember geez........

BTW MuchRespected no disrespect but you joined like a few months before me so........lol

Originally Posted by T11Time

smh.gif
Ehhhh I'm not claiming OG (check my stats) just couldn't remember geez........

Same.. I do remember son used to post a lot of good info though, there were afew others too.. but damn, I can't believe I don't even visit the sneaker sections anymore
tired.gif

An EKIN is a nike employee who has been with the company for a certain number of years, and has a lot, and i mean a lot of product knowledge and history ofeverything. From BRS to where Knight opened up the first shop. And technology, Im not just talking about the newest SB's or the newest Jordans, but thetechnology that comes in these new shoes, for example the new SPARQ collaboration and technology. And you have to know how everything in the shoe works fromShox, Air, Max Air, Tuned Air, and so on. What shoe can help with pronation and supanation, and apparel knowledge as well for example, what dri-fit and fit-dryis. How the plus technology works to what shoes are good for a better golf score. Nike choses these people carefully and test you on your product knowledge.

You go around and train new employees and managers to teach them about everything Nike. You teach them about the new products that come out and what it does.The span of this job is relatively short from 2-6 years. You have to be young because young people know whats in style and what is not. So once you get old and"out of the loop" you get another job within the company. I know a person who was an EKIN and once his time was up he transferred to becoming amanager for Converse.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the job.

his posts were frustrating becuase he'd always drop clues or say BRB and not post again for a while

I've posted an official job description below. Although it is an entry-level position, there's no age requirement or predetermined career path. EKINs are essentially brand/field/sales/account representatives. I wasn't an EKIN, but I worked in NIKE Basketball retail, sports marketing and researchand development. One interesting side note; there is a long-standing tradition of EKINs getting small swoosh tattoos whose placement is determined by whatcategory athlete they were - for example, runners might get it on their thigh so that it is visible with each stride.
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Nike Product Trainer - Ekin Technical Representative[/td] [td]Post Date: 29 Mar 08[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Nike Product Trainer - Ekin Technical Representative
As a NIKE Product Trainer in our Retail team, you will support the sales and retail growth by delivering essential technical product knowledge, NIKE's heritage and values to our retailers. You will coordinate and implement Nike retail product and customer service education plans through effective use of EKIN curriculum and tools. You will provide timely reports on market trend/information and product feedback.

Requirements:
  • University graduate in Business/Marketing or related disciplines, or diploma holder with 2 years solid retail experience;
  • Preferably with 1 year or above retail operations and product training experience, customer service training experience will be a plus;
  • Strong planning, organizing and coordination power;
  • Strong communication and presentation skill;
  • Good PC knowledge;
  • Creative, outgoing and a good team player;
  • Strong passion in sports;
  • Independent and able to work under pressure.
[/td] [/tr][/table][email protected]

thanks CWK i was looking for that type of position on the site the other and didn't find it.what did you search under? i did find my dream job Jordan BrandManager though lol.

Back
Top Bottom