Can someone sell me on California? Vol. Peace out Texas :Update: USF?

Originally Posted by NT OG

LOL

weather in bay area SUCKS

HE WANTS HOT PEOPLE

GO TO LA

ANYWHERE IN A LA IS A GOOD LOOK
thats OD hot.. I used to live in central valley 105+ in summer.. not good
tired.gif

i live in texas but wanted to go to school in socal but it would cost to much with out of state tuition

Originally Posted by Ortega03

LOL

HE WANTS HOT PEOPLE

GO TO LA

tired.gif
we still needa go visit you

Originally Posted by obie21

Originally Posted by Ortega03

LOL

HE WANTS HOT PEOPLE

GO TO LA

tired.gif
we still needa go visit you

Whenever, come through..

hy don't you come out here and just check it out before you move..
I can tell you for sure it ain't cheap..

I live in Sacramento and I don't really understand why it gets so much hate. Sure it's not a city like San Francisco but it's not bad living here.We have low crime, not much traffic, decent nightlife, great diversity and we don't have to worry about major earthquakes. San Francisco is beautiful tovisit but not so great to live in. It's expensive, too much traffic, too congested, and like I said you have to worry about earthquakes. Sacramento isfine, and the bay is only an hour and a half away. If you want everything the bay has to offer and live in a much more chill city I would recommend Sacramento.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I live in Sacramento and I don't really understand why it gets so much hate. Sure it's not a city like San Francisco but it's not bad living here. We have low crime, not much traffic, decent nightlife and we don't have to worry about major earthquakes. San Francisco is beautiful to visit but not so great to live in. It's expensive, too much traffic, too congested, and like I said you have to worry about earthquakes. Sacramento is fine, and the bay is only an hour and a half away. If you want everything the bay has to offer and live in a much more chill city I would recommend Sacramento.
Nice. I'mma have to check out Sacramento as well.

My next thread is which nter am I visiting in Cali
Originally Posted by gregzzy23

medical marijuana card+weather+fine women everywhere ftw
Already
pimp.gif
I'mma definitely cop me a card.
Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Northern California is where you need to be.

Why

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

I live in Sacramento and I don't really understand why it gets so much hate. Sure it's not a city like San Francisco but it's not bad living here. We have low crime, not much traffic, decent nightlife and we don't have to worry about major earthquakes. San Francisco is beautiful to visit but not so great to live in. It's expensive, too much traffic, too congested, and like I said you have to worry about earthquakes. Sacramento is fine, and the bay is only an hour and a half away. If you want everything the bay has to offer and live in a much more chill city I would recommend Sacramento.
Just wondering, how long is the drive to Lake Tahoe from Sac?

You bring up a great point, S. Lake Tahoe is only about 2 hours away so Sacramento is right in the middle of S.L.T and the Bay.

Originally Posted by thenewjs

Im from Houston and live here now but I was stationed I Cali a long time. I remember my rent being 1500/mo in chula vista. So I dropped that and bought a townhouse in houston for 30,000 w/ 300/ mo payments then I rented it out for 600/mo. I wanted a truck and I dont believe in buying new I stick to used as long as I can get a manufactuers extended warranty. This was back in 2004 and I was at a Cali dealer and they wanted 28k for a used 00 v6 chevy silverado w/ 50k miles and 22" rims and a alpine radio. I left there flew to houston and got a 2001 GMC Sierra C3 ( this is pretty much a denali) for 22k. The only thing cheap in cali is the food. Its so expensive there evryone shops at the flea market. Unless you have more roommates than you have bedrooms or you dont have rent. It takes the average person 10 years before they can buy there first house.

roll.gif
roll.gif

dude I dont know about all that...I've been leaving in San Diego for almost 9 years. I never really thought of the place as being "expensive",the houses and rent might be and that's about it (it all depends what part of San Diego you live in). for that $1500, how many bedrooms was that?
I had a 2 bedroom condo in Mira Mesa (which is pretty much close to everything) 10 minute drive to 3 malls in SD, 20 Minutes away from the Gaslamp (downtownSD), 10 minutes away from Qualcomm Stadium.

To the OP...it sounds like SD or the Bay area might be the place for you, LA area got too much damn traffic. I dont think I can live there.
ohwell.gif
But price wise, I would think SD would probably be the cheapest out of the 3. As far as law schools I dont think there is one in SD that's really good though.

IMO, just listen to Pep Love's - Pacific Heights.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

I think I've made up my mind, I want to move to California. Texas just isn't meant for me. Don't get me wrong, I love my state. Great weather, beautiful (but dumb) girls, great property, great economy, but me and the people are just different.

From what I've heard and seen, California is just a lot more progressive. For me it feels like Texas is behind a few years in thinking in areas of research, energy, and drug policy. Being from Texas I've always had a bias against Cali but I have to think objectively.

Is it really that expensive? Is it really that populated? Is traffic that bad in all cities? Are they really not as friendly? Why shouldn't I just jump ship and move to Cali.

Type of city I want to live in?
  • A city with a liberal atmosphere. This is a must, I'm not living in a conservative town anymore.
    smile.gif
  • Good Hot weather Random weathers ftw?
  • Not too dangerous
    smile.gif
  • Not too expensive
    eyes.gif
  • Not crazy populated and with awful traffic (we can talk about this one)
    smile.gif
  • Beautiful Girls
    pimp.gif
    smile.gif
  • Nice parks/Camping grounds This is a must as well.
    smile.gif
Can anybody help a Texas brother out and suggest me some cities....and if you're really helpful some good law schools
smile.gif

Edit: Some background info about myself.

Applying for Law school now for fall 2010.
Graduating early in the summer so I have a year of my life to do nothing before Law School.
Will have my Bachelors in Psy. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a department store job at a decent wage.
Norcal got it on lock.

I'm thinking San Franciso is where I want to live. University of San Francisco is where I want to go to Law School.

I Got Lucky: University of San Diego has a pretty decent law school.

I'm thinking San Franciso is where I want to live. University of San Francisco is where I want to go to Law School.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with San Francisco.

Both USF and USD are really expensive private universities. I mean, if you're going to law school and are already prepared to tack on the thousands ofdollars in loans, might as well live in San Francisco
laugh.gif

Honestly, you can't go wrong with San Francisco.
Thanks. Now lets just hope I get in.

I live in San Jose and it is everything that you want but it is a little expensive... i love it though and recommend it to anyone

I live in the South Bay, San Jose to be exact.

If you're looking for a low crime rate, SJ has always been one of the safest cities in the world.

But as a kid around his 20s(I assume), this place isn't really poppin like that.
Still, it's almost an hour drive to SF, Santa Cruz is VERY close as well.

Originally Posted by DL2352

Both USF and USD are really expensive private universities. I mean, if you're going to law school and are already prepared to tack on the thousands of dollars in loans, might as well live in San Francisco
laugh.gif
USF is 13 thou more a year than my safety university but you start out earning 25 thou more a year. I think USF is definitely a solid choice ifI'm able to get in.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DL2352

Both USF and USD are really expensive private universities. I mean, if you're going to law school and are already prepared to tack on the thousands of dollars in loans, might as well live in San Francisco
laugh.gif
USF is 13 thou more a year than my safety university but you start out earning 25 thou more a year. I think USF is definitely a solid choice if I'm able to get in.
smile.gif
It is a very good school. I have family and friends that went through there. My uncle went there for Finance I believe and he's now theRegional Manager for the Wells Fargo branches in San Francisco. Pulling in mad dough
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom