Can the Clippers hang a divisional banner in Staples?

Looking at the standings earlier today & I see that they're about to clinch their first Pacific Division title ever.

Then I remember that they share Staples with the Lakers, who have won 23 Pacific Division titles so they only hang up NBA title banners.

Are the Clippers allowed to put up a divisional banner with all of those NBA title banners?

Last edited:
i think they should be able to, but i dont think they should. if i were the clippers i would send the message that "we are about championships now, division titles are cool but not good enough"

Looking at the standings earlier today & I see that they're about to clinch their first Pacific Division title ever.

Then I remember that they share Staples with the Lakers, who have won 23 Pacific Division titles so they only hang up title banners.

Are the Clippers allowed to put up a divisional banner with all of those NBA title banners?
No.

Looking at the standings earlier today

No.
Damn that kinda stinks for the Clips
laugh.gif

so the Lakers determine what can and cannot go up in the rafters?
Everybody else has a Chip banner tho. Kings, Sparks, Lakers so c'mon man.

Should only hang banners for things that happen in the postseason, IMO. Conference title, championship, that kinda stuff.

The will definitely be allowed to, and I think they definitely should. That's an accomplishment for your team. Clippers earned it, they should be able to take pride in that accomplishment independent of what the lakers have done in the past.

i think they should be able to, but i dont think they should. if i were the clippers i would send the message that "we are about championships now, division titles are cool but not good enough"

You can't be about a championship until you actually have one.

Should only hang banners for things that happen in the postseason, IMO. Conference title, championship, that kinda stuff.

Also, don't forget that EVERY team in the NBA (including the spurs and bulls) hang division title banners.

the only exceptions are the Lakers and Celtics, for obvious reasons.

I still think the clips should hang their banner. Not doing so would be silly and shows signs of weakness. If the clippers want to step out of the laker's shadow, then they HAVE to hang the banner. Not doing so would only play into what everyone already believes.

...Said nobody about Lebron when they already claimed like 8 championships before playing a single game for the heat.

Championship mentality doesn't require a ring.

Last edited:
They should..............but they won't

Lakers & Celtics are the only teams who only put up championship banners
pimp.gif

Last edited:

...Said nobody about Lebron when they already claimed like 8 championships before playing a single game for the heat.

What are you talking about.

I'm saying you can't act like you're above division titles and such until you've gone further than that. Especially for a team whose history is as sorry as the Clippers' is. So celebrate what you've got.

Last edited:
I think we're in agreement then. I misread your post bradda. my bad.

Last edited:

What are you talking about.

I'm saying you can't act like you're above division titles and such until you've gone further than that. Especially for a team whose history is as sorry as the Clippers' is. So celebrate what you've got.
well yeah for most teams, but when you're in the lakers house you kind of have to fake it until you make it

They better not. It would look pretty pathetic next to all those actual championship banners.

If they do, I will sneak into Staples Center and burn it down myself. Such an affront to the true winners cannot be allowed to exist.

L.A. Kings have division banners :nerd:
View media item 343057
Then again Staples Center was built from the Kings and they're the only team in the building with banners that are actually hanging from the rafters over the court (Lakers and Sparks banners are mounted on the wall).

To the best of my knowledge there are only a couple of teams in the NBA that don't hang division banners and they each have won 16(+) championships

View media item 342904View media item 343003View media item 342907View media item 342997View media item 343022View media item 342995View media item 342908

Wasn't it Dr. Buss's suggestion to Sterling that got them to move to LA in the first place??

Back
Top Bottom