Can the Clippers hang a divisional banner in Staples?

What do you mean, "you" Laker fans? Don't jeopardize your probation period with that kind of talk. rck :lol:

This debate and these Laker fans in here killin' me, talking about they can't hang a division banner. Why do you care? Sounding like they played any part in the Lakers having banners. Like you big dummy pointed out, all but the Lakers and Celtics hang divisional banners. $&^* the main tenant of Staples, the Kings, hang their divisional banners. The Clippers can't be concerned about what the Lakers have accomplished . If the Lakers don't want Clippers banners hanging in their :rolleyes building, they should have, I don't know, won the division.

Last edited:
Hang it why not. Lakers fans in here acting like the Staples Center is the Lakers only. Its anyones that pays rent. **** if the Celtics moved out here paid rent I am sure they would hang there banners right next to the Lakers its all business. Its all business root for your team but dont **** on anyone else.

Its not a matter of not wanting them to.
I just think they shouldnt.
Its like putting a 6th place ribbon amongst championship trophies.

Even my Laker hater friends agree.
If they put one up, cool. No worries.
If I were them i would not though.

Hang it why not. Lakers fans in here acting like the Staples Center is the Lakers only. Its anyones that pays rent. **** if the Celtics moved out here paid rent I am sure they would hang there banners right next to the Lakers its all business. Its all business root for your team but dont **** on anyone else.
The idea of the Celtics moving to Staples made me laugh, that would be the craziest thing ever

Last edited:
Laker fans thinking Staples was built "for the Lakers" will never get old. Ever.

Yup, :lol:... I was clowning a Laker friend of mine that they are the only team with banners and retired jerseys plastered on the wall like SLAM Ups. Looks tacky as ****, even though they are the most successful, they are only a tenant.

AEG built Staples and the only team AEG owns outright is the Kings, hence, why they hung all their banners.

No problem with the Clippers hanging a division banner. Majority of teams do it.

No. I don't think they should hang it.

It's like a 35 years old virgin bragging about having sex for the first time.

And Clippers hanging a lonely division banner in a building full of the opposing team championship banners would make the Clippers look small and petty.

It would be like a normal guy trying to show off his new Mercedes C class to the neighbor only to realize that his neighbor already have like 3 Raris in the garage and a few Bentley, Harley Davidson in the drive way lol.

They should keep the division banner in their locker and worry about hanging a real championship banner.

Last edited:

And Clippers hanging a lonely division banner in a building full of the opposing team championship banners would make the Clippers look small and petty.

It would be like a normal guy trying to show off his new Mercedes C class to the neighbor only to realize that his neighbor already have like 3 Raris in the garage and a few Bentley, Harley Davidson in the drive way lol.

They should keep the division banner in their locker and worry about hanging a real championship banner.

What the hell are you talking about? Not everyone wins a divisional title.

I honestly didn't know most teams hang division title banners up. Lakers fans are so insecure. One season where we're clearly better than them and they lose their minds. Especially the ones from the bay :lol:

Don't quote the troll :lol:

If we stay quiet he might just go away

What i said was that a division banner mean nothing. If that what your franchise is playing for then you're doing it wrong. Beside that no respectable franchise celebrate division banner. Great franchise is measure by championship.

Yall really going to hang a division banner? Really?

I know it took like 40 years for the Clippers to finally win a division banner but come on. A division banner? lol

Last edited:
Someone just posted pics of other teams that hang division banners... Spurs and Bulls are not respectable franchises?

Lakers were great because they had a great owner, Laker fans will have to get used to the ride Jim Buss is going to take you on. Lakers have never had a dark era, they've had down years, but not an era. Like Bulls post-Jordan, pre-Rose. Celtics before Pierce and Walker. Knicks in the 00's, etc.

What i said was that a division banner mean nothing. If that what your franchise is playing for then you're doing it wrong. Beside that no respectable franchise celebrate division banner. Great franchise is measure by championship.

Yall really going to hang a division banner? Really?

I know it took like 40 years for the Clippers to finally win a division banner but come on. A division banner? lol

No you went on some rant about a 35 y/o virgin. Look the Lakers have more championships we get it. But at the same time we won something we should celebrate it simple as that. Thunder celebrated one, the spurs celebrate the ones they earned, the heat celebrate them. So yes respectable franchises celebrate division banners. Its not the biggest accomplishment but its a start. When we get a title we will put it next do the division banner.

Yup, :lol:... I was clowning a Laker friend of mine that they are the only team with banners and retired jerseys plastered on the wall like SLAM Ups. Looks tacky as ****, even though they are the most successful, they are only a tenant.

AEG built Staples and the only team AEG owns outright is the Kings, hence, why they hung all their banners.

No problem with the Clippers hanging a division banner. Majority of teams do it.

i dont remember that far back, but i do know that AEG owns the Kings and owns/runs/built Staples/LA Live, but i always thought Staples was build for both GW Forum tenants in mind, not primarily the Kings.

rck, i stand corrected from earlier.

I honestly didn't know most teams hang division title banners up. Lakers fans are so insecure. One season where we're clearly better than them and they lose their minds. Especially the ones from the bay :lol:

Lollllll. No one gives a **** about your team. Go ahead, hang your division banner.

Well, yeah. Saying Laker fans are insecure is stupid. Are some insecure? Yeah, sure. Are most concerned about the Clippers being good? Doubt it. Much more important things to worry about, like our own team.

No you went on some rant about a 35 y/o virgin. Look the Lakers have more championships we get it. But at the same time we won something we should celebrate it simple as that. Thunder celebrated one, the spurs celebrate the ones they earned, the heat celebrate them. So yes respectable franchises celebrate division banners. Its not the biggest accomplishment but its a start. When we get a title we will put it next do the division banner.

What rant? The 35 years old virgin scenario was just a metaphorically comparison.

It took yall 35, 40 years to finally win a division banner. Metaphorically speaking, It's equate to a 35 years old virgin who get all hyped up because he finally get to feel what it's like to bust a nut inside a vigina.

Back
Top Bottom