Can there ever be a G.O.A.T at anything?

I was talking with a couple friends and i put this question out there. Is there any right way to decide who the Greatest at something is. Reason i say this isbecause to many people have different criteria as to what would define someone as the greatest at something. Even then can we truly go by professional inputbecause at the end of the day their decision is still an opinion and we don't know if personal preference played a role in their decision. And my lastpoint is if people were to sit down and discuss who is the greatest at something is how do those outside of this group all agree that that individual group wasthe one to discuss who the greatest at something is, cause there will always be a person who disagrees with someone's choice which makes it impossible forthe decision to be unanomis. So is it possible for anyone at anything to be declared the G.O.A.T is it that title just an opinion?

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

you think too hard

roll.gif

this is true, but i just wanted NT's input thats all.

i was about to write a 10 page philosophical essay on this but im probably not going to get enough sources. so i opted for a control your emotions essay. justthought you should know.

Well depends on what category ... Obviously for sports or anything that can be measured accurately then yeah you can get a general consensus on who is the best(Jordan, Schumacher, Federer ?)... but for something like music and art then its just everyone's own opinion ...

I don't think can be in a team game, but in a sport like boxing or golf there can be.

Gretzky.. (i made the original argument about him being the G.O.A.T. to ever play a sport)

Back
Top Bottom