CANADIANS: Get out and vote on monday!! United States election post: 10000000000 pgs. Canada: 1

Green Party 
pimp.gif

I just voted Conservative. It most likely will be a Conservative minority once again 
ohwell.gif

I just voted Conservative. It most likely will be a Conservative minority once again 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by irie

canadian nters stop being blind and oper you bumbarass eyes

ndp if you want a damn future

edit : its taken too long but change needs to come

NDP= Spend happy government that increases tax

Vote Liberal if you want a balanced approach Or Conservative if you are pulling in big bucks 
pimp.gif

LOL at OP showing a picture of Elizabeth May. The Green party is a joke, they only have 3 percent of the popular vote. 

Vote Liberal if you want a balanced approach Or Conservative if you are pulling in big bucks 
pimp.gif

LOL at OP showing a picture of Elizabeth May. The Green party is a joke, they only have 3 percent of the popular vote. 

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

pimp.gif

She is predicted to win her riding. And their popularity wavers. I saw up to 6% before. Which is more than the Bloc, and which is a pretty decent percent. So no not a joke, just new and gaining steady ground. They have some good ideas IMO. I guess I forgot to put the Bloc on, sorry!
frown.gif

And increase taxes for the big corporations, yes that have had their tax lowered soo much. But their numbers add up if you looked at their budget. It's just where you want your money to go. Instead of billions for bailouts and jets and prisons we can have some nicer things!
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

She is predicted to win her riding. And their popularity wavers. I saw up to 6% before. Which is more than the Bloc, and which is a pretty decent percent. So no not a joke, just new and gaining steady ground. They have some good ideas IMO. I guess I forgot to put the Bloc on, sorry!
frown.gif

And increase taxes for the big corporations, yes that have had their tax lowered soo much. But their numbers add up if you looked at their budget. It's just where you want your money to go. Instead of billions for bailouts and jets and prisons we can have some nicer things!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rocky437

ohwell.gif
Awesome. Obviously I am pushing for a non conservative government so what I say is bias that way. Would you like to give some reasons why you are voting conservative to get some in this thread?

Originally Posted by Rocky437

ohwell.gif
Awesome. Obviously I am pushing for a non conservative government so what I say is bias that way. Would you like to give some reasons why you are voting conservative to get some in this thread?

Originally Posted by And I Love It

pimp.gif

frown.gif

pimp.gif
Nah CBC and CTV polls have showed them at 3.7% and with the bloc at 5.7%. No need to include the bloc since i doubt there is any quebecers on NT.
I agree they are gaining ground but not fast enough. If May does not win her riding i think its clear that she has to step down. The Green party needs to change their approach because not many people know their platform beside their green policy.  

pimp.gif

frown.gif

pimp.gif
Nah CBC and CTV polls have showed them at 3.7% and with the bloc at 5.7%. No need to include the bloc since i doubt there is any quebecers on NT.
I agree they are gaining ground but not fast enough. If May does not win her riding i think its clear that she has to step down. The Green party needs to change their approach because not many people know their platform beside their green policy.  

pimp.gif

frown.gif

pimp.gif
Yeah just checked looks like that is what they are sitting at. I thought I had seen one poll having them above Bloc. But yeah, I believe she said she will step down if she does not get in. It will be interesting to see. Polls right now have her expected to win but still that will likely be at most 1 seat. I guess that's the issue with how our voting system works?

Agreed. Everyone associates them just with environment. But they are pretty fiscally conservative and socially left I guess...

In any way. it has been a pretty neat election. I am excited to watch the numbers tonight and I am sure whoever wins Canada will be fine - and not crumble with an NDP government or be turned into the US with Harper.

pimp.gif

frown.gif

pimp.gif
Yeah just checked looks like that is what they are sitting at. I thought I had seen one poll having them above Bloc. But yeah, I believe she said she will step down if she does not get in. It will be interesting to see. Polls right now have her expected to win but still that will likely be at most 1 seat. I guess that's the issue with how our voting system works?

Agreed. Everyone associates them just with environment. But they are pretty fiscally conservative and socially left I guess...

In any way. it has been a pretty neat election. I am excited to watch the numbers tonight and I am sure whoever wins Canada will be fine - and not crumble with an NDP government or be turned into the US with Harper.

Yeah the system is not perfect, especially since Ontario provides almost 50% of Canada's revenue but does not have more say then Newfoundland. But its alot better then the US

It will be a minority government, which is a good thing.

What is surprising about this election is the drop of the Liberals from 31% at the start of the election to 20% now. I dont blame Michael Ignatieff because its seems the liberal scandal is still fresh in alot of voters minds.

Another surprise the raise of the NDP in Quebec. Which should not be a surprise since the Bloc is basically the same thing as the NDP just with separatism ideology. It shows that Quebec is leaning towards a federalist system which has not been seen in 20 years.

Yeah the system is not perfect, especially since Ontario provides almost 50% of Canada's revenue but does not have more say then Newfoundland. But its alot better then the US

It will be a minority government, which is a good thing.

What is surprising about this election is the drop of the Liberals from 31% at the start of the election to 20% now. I dont blame Michael Ignatieff because its seems the liberal scandal is still fresh in alot of voters minds.

Another surprise the raise of the NDP in Quebec. Which should not be a surprise since the Bloc is basically the same thing as the NDP just with separatism ideology. It shows that Quebec is leaning towards a federalist system which has not been seen in 20 years.

What's the Eastern Results right now ? West Coast feed is blocked off online and on TV as per Elections Canada.

TIA

What's the Eastern Results right now ? West Coast feed is blocked off online and on TV as per Elections Canada.

TIA

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I remember when I used to be Canadian
laugh.gif
Its been a few years since I have visited the motherland, so I have a few questions for yall......
Does McDonalds still serve pizza?

Does Burger King still serve poutine?

Is New York Fries still the business??
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tim Horton's still doing its thang??

Is Swiss Chalet still amazing?!?!?!?! God I miss that place

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I remember when I used to be Canadian
laugh.gif
Its been a few years since I have visited the motherland, so I have a few questions for yall......
Does McDonalds still serve pizza?

Does Burger King still serve poutine?

Is New York Fries still the business??
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tim Horton's still doing its thang??

Is Swiss Chalet still amazing?!?!?!?! God I miss that place

Originally Posted by kash55

Yeah I'm voting.

In my riding Liberals have the best chance of knocking out the seated conservative MP. So I'm planing on voting Liberal.

Overall though, I don't like any of them, they all are just phony blowhards that just try to make people not vote for the other guys. All the ads all the debates its just attacks on eachother. The only guy that seems to be the most honest is Jack Layton, but I don't think the NDP are ready to govern. Liberals are now a distant 3rd and future of the party is bleek to say the least, and their inability to pick a viable leader since 2004 has been and will continue to be their demise. And the Conservatives, they just lie and try to scare people into voting for them.

Overall I feel that all the parties insult my intelligence.

i agree, they're all big fat phonies.  the hat comes right off.  who voted but didn't want an election?  i feel bad voting, cause they're gonna use my vote as justification for this stupid election.
i don't get this layton hype though.  people like him and will vote for him, saying he appears to be the most honest.  i feel like none of the leaders can be trusted...

your second point is probably the saddest; it's all about attacking the other leaders, and nothing about actual party platforms.  none of the platforms i've seen have any numbers associated with them, just a bunch of hopes and dreams that may or may not come true.  the infomercials on tv present more studies with their products than these politicians present with their economic policies.

here's a question for the canadians here:

what's better for the country:

1. low voter turnout, but those who vote actually support the party/leader they voted for

2. higher voter turnout, but the increase from 1 is mostly from people swayed by fb/twitter

i have a feeling 2 is gonna happen, and i'm worried about the outcome.

Originally Posted by kash55

Yeah I'm voting.

In my riding Liberals have the best chance of knocking out the seated conservative MP. So I'm planing on voting Liberal.

Overall though, I don't like any of them, they all are just phony blowhards that just try to make people not vote for the other guys. All the ads all the debates its just attacks on eachother. The only guy that seems to be the most honest is Jack Layton, but I don't think the NDP are ready to govern. Liberals are now a distant 3rd and future of the party is bleek to say the least, and their inability to pick a viable leader since 2004 has been and will continue to be their demise. And the Conservatives, they just lie and try to scare people into voting for them.

Overall I feel that all the parties insult my intelligence.

i agree, they're all big fat phonies.  the hat comes right off.  who voted but didn't want an election?  i feel bad voting, cause they're gonna use my vote as justification for this stupid election.
i don't get this layton hype though.  people like him and will vote for him, saying he appears to be the most honest.  i feel like none of the leaders can be trusted...

your second point is probably the saddest; it's all about attacking the other leaders, and nothing about actual party platforms.  none of the platforms i've seen have any numbers associated with them, just a bunch of hopes and dreams that may or may not come true.  the infomercials on tv present more studies with their products than these politicians present with their economic policies.

here's a question for the canadians here:

what's better for the country:

1. low voter turnout, but those who vote actually support the party/leader they voted for

2. higher voter turnout, but the increase from 1 is mostly from people swayed by fb/twitter

i have a feeling 2 is gonna happen, and i'm worried about the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom