CANADIANS: Get out and vote on monday!! United States election post: 10000000000 pgs. Canada: 1

The Conservatives owned hard
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Yeah the system is not perfect, especially since Ontario provides almost 50% of Canada's revenue but does not have more say then Newfoundland. But its alot better then the US

It will be a minority government, which is a good thing.

What is surprising about this election is the drop of the Liberals from 31% at the start of the election to 20% now. I dont blame Michael Ignatieff because its seems the liberal scandal is still fresh in alot of voters minds.

Another surprise the raise of the NDP in Quebec. Which should not be a surprise since the Bloc is basically the same thing as the NDP just with separatism ideology. It shows that Quebec is leaning towards a federalist system which has not been seen in 20 years.
Care to elaborate on this statement?

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Yeah the system is not perfect, especially since Ontario provides almost 50% of Canada's revenue but does not have more say then Newfoundland. But its alot better then the US

It will be a minority government, which is a good thing.

What is surprising about this election is the drop of the Liberals from 31% at the start of the election to 20% now. I dont blame Michael Ignatieff because its seems the liberal scandal is still fresh in alot of voters minds.

Another surprise the raise of the NDP in Quebec. Which should not be a surprise since the Bloc is basically the same thing as the NDP just with separatism ideology. It shows that Quebec is leaning towards a federalist system which has not been seen in 20 years.
Care to elaborate on this statement?

roll.gif
at the Bloc  getting demolished in Quebec,  also
laugh.gif
at Ignatieff losing his own riding. Was not expecting Con to get majority though, but I guess many of the Liberal voters still don't trust Layton and voted Blue last minute to stop NDP minority.

roll.gif
at the Bloc  getting demolished in Quebec,  also
laugh.gif
at Ignatieff losing his own riding. Was not expecting Con to get majority though, but I guess many of the Liberal voters still don't trust Layton and voted Blue last minute to stop NDP minority.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I remember when I used to be Canadian
laugh.gif
Its been a few years since I have visited the motherland, so I have a few questions for yall......
Does McDonalds still serve pizza?

Does Burger King still serve poutine?

Is New York Fries still the business??
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tim Horton's still doing its thang??

Is Swiss Chalet still amazing?!?!?!?! God I miss that place
McDonald's no longer has pizza.

Not sure if Burger King has poutine.

New York Fries is alive and well.

Tim Hortons is a source of national pride.

Swiss Chalet restaurants seem to be declining in number, but I still love their chicken!

laugh.gif
Its been a few years since I have visited the motherland, so I have a few questions for yall......

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Swiss Chalet restaurants seem to be declining in number, but I still love their chicken!

Originally Posted by AC4Three

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I remember the McPizza like it was yesterday
laugh.gif

BK usually had poutine as a promo item

The things I would do to get my hands on some NY Fries right now
30t6p3b.gif
cracks me up that its name NEW YORK Fries, yet there are no American locations
laugh.gif

Tim Hortons was a staple in my Canadian life

Swiss Chalet brings back a lotta childhood memories for me
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AC4Three

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I remember the McPizza like it was yesterday
laugh.gif

BK usually had poutine as a promo item

The things I would do to get my hands on some NY Fries right now
30t6p3b.gif
cracks me up that its name NEW YORK Fries, yet there are no American locations
laugh.gif

Tim Hortons was a staple in my Canadian life

Swiss Chalet brings back a lotta childhood memories for me
frown.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No McDonalds does not sell pizza's anymore

Bk still sells poutines
pimp.gif

New York Fries has new poutines now .. I think its like butter chicken and some other i forgot

We only got one swiss chalet here where i live and its in the airport, but its still
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No McDonalds does not sell pizza's anymore

Bk still sells poutines
pimp.gif

New York Fries has new poutines now .. I think its like butter chicken and some other i forgot

We only got one swiss chalet here where i live and its in the airport, but its still
pimp.gif

Ughhh...I think Canadians made a terrible mistake yesterday, one that's gonna hurt us for the next 4 years.

As much as I dislike Harper, I didnt mind having him as PM of a minority government because his power was constrained and he needed to consult with other parties in order to pass his budgets and other laws. Now the guy can basically do whatever the heck he wants including cutting corporate taxes, cutting social spending, increasing prison funding (even though crime in Canada is low), waste over $15 billion on fighter jets we dont even need, etc etc.

Congrats to Layton for yesterday's achievement. This guy took over a party that won like 13 seats a decade ago and has since transformed them into the 2nd most powerful party in the country. It'll be interesting to see him possibly compete more seriously with Harper in the next elections.

As for the Liberals, they havent had a likeable leader since Chretien's departure and it's gonna take them some time (probably 4+ years) to rebuild the party from the ground up. Ignatieff can now go back home and lecture about how torture is OK and continue to defend the Iraq war.

Ughhh...I think Canadians made a terrible mistake yesterday, one that's gonna hurt us for the next 4 years.

As much as I dislike Harper, I didnt mind having him as PM of a minority government because his power was constrained and he needed to consult with other parties in order to pass his budgets and other laws. Now the guy can basically do whatever the heck he wants including cutting corporate taxes, cutting social spending, increasing prison funding (even though crime in Canada is low), waste over $15 billion on fighter jets we dont even need, etc etc.

Congrats to Layton for yesterday's achievement. This guy took over a party that won like 13 seats a decade ago and has since transformed them into the 2nd most powerful party in the country. It'll be interesting to see him possibly compete more seriously with Harper in the next elections.

As for the Liberals, they havent had a likeable leader since Chretien's departure and it's gonna take them some time (probably 4+ years) to rebuild the party from the ground up. Ignatieff can now go back home and lecture about how torture is OK and continue to defend the Iraq war.

Back
Top Bottom