Cannabis making Colorado so much money they may literally give it back to residents

http://reset.me/story/cannabis-making-colorado-rich-state-may-literally-give-money-back-residents/

View media item 1384681
Of course a very simplistic solution: stop overtaxing marijuana. But you know how simple solutions are when money is involved.

I got a homegurl who lives down in Denver, she says that it is getting kind of crazy with all the people moving up there, mostly hipsters and other lames. Pissing off the Mexicans, almost pushing out the small percentage of blacks, and exploding the homeless population (1000's moving in weekly), not to mention the traffic. Is it really that bad Denver NT'ers?

Legalization nation wide would probably help the problem at the state level but will it still be a good idea when(if) it's legal everywhere. Such an untapped market waiting for government approval, could competition lead to making it more addictive than THC and someday as bad as cigarettes (I know weed legalization debate= beat to death).

I don't smoke, neither have I ever btw.

http://reset.me/story/cannabis-making-colorado-rich-state-may-literally-give-money-back-residents/

Of course a very simplistic solution: stop overtaxing marijuana. But you know how simple solutions are when money is involved.

I got a homegurl who lives down in Denver, she says that it is getting kind of crazy with all the people moving up there, mostly hipsters and other lames. Pissing off the Mexicans, almost pushing out the small percentage of blacks, and exploding the homeless population (1000's moving in weekly), not to mention the traffic. Is it really that bad Denver NT'ers?

Legalization nation wide would probably help the problem at the state level but will it still be a good idea when(if) it's legal everywhere. Such an untapped market waiting for government approval, could competition lead to making it more addictive than THC and someday as bad as cigarettes (I know weed legalization debate= beat to death).

I don't smoke, neither have I ever btw.
You want to talk legalization or gentrification? I think the infatuation with legalization is a flash in the pan; from what I hear from friends between taxes and cost of business it's still cheaper to buy from a dealer, not sure if that is enough to really hurt commercial spots but you never know. In terms of gentrification; it always sucks when people are priced out of their neighborhoods, but thats what you get in a capitalist society. 

I got a cousin in Boulder, he was saying you cant buy after 7 and most of the dispensaries have lines like the DMV. :x

A cat like would still end up messing with a dealer after work.

You want to talk legalization or gentrification? I think the infatuation with legalization is a flash in the pan; from what I hear from friends between taxes and cost of business it's still cheaper to buy from a dealer, not sure if that is enough to really hurt commercial spots but you never know. In terms of gentrification; it always sucks when people are priced out of their neighborhoods, but thats what you get in a capitalist society. 

I think that the nation wide legalization would eventually solve most of the problems of gentrification( well in this case when people come just to smoke). I was curious of other NT'ers experience in Colorado with the thousands of people coming in every week, it just sounds ridiculously high( no pun intended)

And just as well, I wanted to hear the alarmist perception of the long term effects of legalization everywhere, cause I think after the first few periods of bliss will arise more problems. I'm all down for it, to end end this/weaken this war on drugs, just curious to what people think are possible turnouts other than complete bliss, if legalization is imminent.

For the crazy conspirators I'm sure exist on NT

I don't smoke
But I'm for marijuana legalization across the board
Tax it and have all that money go straight to schools
On top and of what they already get

I don't smoke
But I'm for marijuana legalization across the board
Tax it and have all that money go straight to schools
On top and of what they already get
take that tax money and put it towards schools, along with the money saved from not imprisoning people for pot related "crimes" and our country and schools would be in much better shape, imo.

I think that the nation wide legalization would eventually solve most of the problems of gentrification( well in this case when people come just to smoke). I was curious of other NT'ers experience in Colorado with the thousands of people coming in every week, it just sounds ridiculously high( no pun intended)

And just as well, I wanted to hear the alarmist perception of the long term effects of legalization everywhere, cause I think after the first few periods of bliss will arise more problems. I'm all down for it, to end end this/weaken this war on drugs, just curious to what people think are possible turnouts other than complete bliss, if legalization is imminent.

For the crazy conspirators I'm sure exist on NT
I'm curious how you think legalization would end gentrification? If you want a worst case scenario; I know there has been research that has proposed a link between THC consumption and abnormalities in sperm and eggs in young people. These abnormalities have been thought to be linked to rises in autism and mental problems. So worst case if legalisation is complete and use is widespread; if this link is proved definitive then yeah, that would probably be a ****** situation. 

My only fear with complete, nationwide legalization is that the Tobacco companies will jump in the game and starting adding all kinds of chemicals.

Especially now that they're being pushed out of stores.

I got a cousin in Boulder, he was saying you cant buy after 7 and most of the dispensaries have lines like the DMV. :x

A cat like would still end up messing with a dealer after work.

Yea but not everyone is comfortable with dealing with a dealer, which is probably a great sum of the consumers

That **** aint as easy as some people may think..
it is pretty easy though, you might not get high quality stuff.  but its definitely not that difficult as long as you arent a complete moron.

I'm in Denver.

Dispensary opens in 14 minutes. Spot I go doesn't have a line and is cheaper than my go-to on the street.

Haven't heard anything about this surplus for CO residents.

I put a request into my county to open a grow facility. They had a lottery for my county. 1,600 entries, only 10 licenses were given out. I almost had one, closest # drawn was like 5 #'s from mine.. Almost flourished but I'm looking at other options now.

Modern day gold rush, it has made multiple millionaires overnight.

Last edited:
My only fear with complete, nationwide legalization is that the Tobacco companies will jump in the game and starting adding all kinds of chemicals.

Especially now that they're being pushed out of stores.
That's been going on. 

And yes, the gentrification is in full effect.

I live in North Denver, which has always been a predominately Mexican neighborhood. The houses are being replaced with high rise condos and my hole-in-the-wall taco joints are falling to the wayside for Panera Breads and car washes, b..

I do not have that much information on this so I must ask. Does the gov make more money putting people in prison than if they legalized marijuana?

I do not have that much information on this so I must ask. Does the gov make more money putting people in prison than if they legalized marijuana?
govt or politicians?

i would think the government would get more tax revenue from legalizing marijuana.  However, private prisons spend a lot of lobbying money, so unless the marijuana indsutry lobbys as much as the private prison industry lobbys, the politicians will not make as much money.  Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom