Cannabis making Colorado so much money they may literally give it back to residents

I'm curious how you think legalization would end gentrification? If you want a worst case scenario; I know there has been research that has proposed a link between THC consumption and abnormalities in sperm and eggs in young people. These abnormalities have been thought to be linked to rises in autism and mental problems. So worst case if legalisation is complete and use is widespread; if this link is proved definitive then yeah, that would probably be a ****** situation. 
Not all gentrification but cases like this where it is mainly hippies and hipsters wanting to live among common folk, probably

And by possible effects I mean like marijuana usage going from being accepted on the secular level to being accepted as a mores in society. Where the drugs that these kids are getting into nowadays are getting more and more dangerous, could losing the safe cool drug to institutionalized government eventually cause it to be not the preferable drug for the average abuser(user) and spark a urge for  other drugs that could be more dangerous but is cool to do cause it's illegal. Would marijuana still be the social drug when it is legal everywhere and not really hard to get or really cool to have. Basically would destroying this safe subculture in itself make for a more dangerous one, especially with kids/ teenagers that feel like they must constantly test authority.

or is 420 always going to be romanticized even when it is accepted on the secular and mores level. 

They better free everyone in jail for a non violent weed charge. I'll be damned if some folks are about to grt rich for doing what some people are in jail for now about.
Still a federal crime. If it was illegal when they committed the crime then they should serve the time. Simple.

I'm in Denver.

Dispensary opens in 14 minutes. Spot I go doesn't have a line and is cheaper than my go-to on the street.

Haven't heard anything about this surplus for CO residents.

I put a request into my county to open a grow facility. They had a lottery for my county. 1,600 entries, only 10 licenses were given out. I almost had one, closest # drawn was like 5 #'s from mine.. Almost flourished but I'm looking at other options now.

Modern day gold rush, it has made multiple millionaires overnight.

Kinda scary to think about on the national level. Anytime I think about the rich population in this country getting the opportunity to get their hands on an untapped market, it always starts off in my head as a farced dystopia but maybe I am overthinking it

And yes, the gentrification is in full effect.

I live in North Denver, which has always been a predominately Mexican neighborhood. The houses are being replaced with high rise condos and my hole-in-the-wall taco joints are falling to the wayside for Panera Breads and car washes, b..

My homegurl told me that she can't stand it, that all the tourist around are either dog dumb or obnoxious as hell but she's kind of a *****, so I don't take most of it very likely

We can debate all day ups and downs. The truth about drugs is that they are used as a destabilizing tool in conflict. So the purpose was not to criminalize drugs for the safety of the population, it was to destabilize communities and create profits. They don't care about peoples wellbeing as much as they would like you to believe.

Nt summit in Colorado? i hear Boulder is a nice area.. Ft. Collins is pretty nice too

I'm in Denver.

Dispensary opens in 14 minutes. Spot I go doesn't have a line and is cheaper than my go-to on the street.

Haven't heard anything about this surplus for CO residents.

I put a request into my county to open a grow facility. They had a lottery for my county. 1,600 entries, only 10 licenses were given out. I almost had one, closest # drawn was like 5 #'s from mine.. Almost flourished but I'm looking at other options now.

Modern day gold rush, it has made multiple millionaires overnight.
let's match

this would make middle class people into the lower class in certain areas and gentrification will sweep those parts where its legal.

it will desstroy alot of the small businesses and all you will have is weed shops and starbucks.

it should be made legal nationwide to avoid that kind of stuff, but then again you got those backwards states that dont even let you buy booze on sundays..

wtf kinda crap is that, im an adult if i choose to get poop faced before church thats my own business.

The houses are being replaced with high rise condos and my hole-in-the-wall taco joints are falling to the wayside for Panera Breads and car washes, b..

:smh: throwing these POS up everyway...so damn overpriced.

God dam maybe my dad they should move to Kansas and get some land cheap and hope that Obama legalizes marijuana or someone in the near future?

mean.gif
throwing these POS up everyway...so damn overpriced.
don't hate, i work at one.

That 65% discount tho

The government wants what's best for the government, not what's best for its people. Idgaf if they read this either.

J/k yes i do gaf.

And yes, the gentrification is in full effect.

I live in North Denver, which has always been a predominately Mexican neighborhood. The houses are being replaced with high rise condos and my hole-in-the-wall taco joints are falling to the wayside for Panera Breads and car washes, b..
Reccommend me some good spots to eat left still I like California type Mexican food

i spent 11$ on a smoke house turkey sandwich and a damn apple.

Last edited:
Yeah Colorado has a law enacted in 1992 that puts a cap on how much the State can receive in tax revenues.

And just look at the stats alone... 50 million dollars in tax revenues in one year. Decrease in violent crime rates. Statewide traffic fatalities declined. Over $8 million allocated to fund youth education and drug prevention efforts.

Imbeciles in Washington are finally starting to realize that there is a large demand for marijuana so only a matter of time before this is legal nationwide. Obviously the Feds want in on that $$$. .

I got a cousin in Boulder, he was saying you cant buy after 7 and most of the dispensaries have lines like the DMV. :x

A cat like would still end up messing with a dealer after work.
Yeah why pay taxes also when you don't have to. I'm sure most the locals still buy from someone like that. It's not like it isn't the same tree.

I don't smoke

But I'm for marijuana legalization across the board

Tax it and have all that money go straight to schools

On top and of what they already get
take that tax money and put it towards schools, along with the money saved from not imprisoning people for pot related "crimes" and our country and schools would be in much better shape, imo.

This

The most important part with giving money to schools though, is that school funding doesn't get cut in other areas. Like business taxes

The Federal government needs to wake up. These are tax dollars people will happily give you if you play ball.

-And I understand illegal dealers are still cheaper. Put if you get popped for buying illegally in Colorado , you're an idiot. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom