CAR AUDIO HEADS... I have a question

thanks for that list Damoku. I have a question regarding my head unit.. i went on a snowboarding trip like last week and turned on the heater of my car. Thensmoke started coming out of my head unit and it doesn't work anymore. Theres no power at all and the fuse seems to be fine. =[ do i need a new HU? its aclarion btw

Originally Posted by awash242

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

Are they Flea market tweeter(what I have now) harsh?
laugh.gif
I dunno....but with the Focals they are just so overpowering with the treble. Its hard to find a good balance...I prefer soft dome tweeters with a laid back sound like Seas, Hybrid, Peerless and Dynaudio.

that's why sometimes its good to mix and match so u can go passive

Originally Posted by awash242

^You mean go active right? But yeah, I agree.

What are you running in your car?

Front doors are fully sealed with rammat second skin..upfront is a pioneer avic n3.. a set of phoenix gold rsd's in the doors, polk audio db6501'sin kick panels, nothing in the rear(don't really care for rear fill) powered by a cadence txa3004..in the trunk is a 15 inch stereo integrity mag d2 in a1.4 cubic feet ported box @i think 33hz powered by a kicker zx 1000.1( i think its givin it 1000watts@ 2ohms)
[h3]
[/h3]

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

i got CDT comps, and I LOVEEE THEMM!! <3

and co-axials in the back....you DO need rear fill, dont believe the hype!

I believe my ears
laugh.gif

Son got that list offa te whips and stereos section of bx. The only stuff that is true is the stay away brands, even though some of the"entry" levelbrands should be there too.

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

i got CDT comps, and I LOVEEE THEMM!! <3

and co-axials in the back....you DO need rear fill, dont believe the hype!
I bet if you ran them actively and gave your car a decent tune you wouldn't need rear fill. Passive Crossovers FTL.

I run Mmats components in the front doors (6.5" ), and two 10" mmats subs in the trunk, both are powered by the oldschool PPI amps - a 4/600 and a1/1000

Plus all the dynomat it sounds pretty good for right now, at least to me.... I'm not really sure where they judge the mmats at though

Originally Posted by AAclaire420

I run Mmats components in the front doors (6.5" ), and two 10" mmats subs in the trunk, both are powered by the oldschool PPI amps - a 4/600 and a 1/1000

Plus all the dynomat it sounds pretty good for right now, at least to me.... I'm not really sure where they judge the mmats at though

mmats are monsters...its like havin 2 midgets in the trunk
laugh.gif

8d125c5e834d7f36c9fd35552f689be3dd413a9.pjpg

i got 4 of these in my ride n its the loudest n cleanset ive ever heard!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Rockford Fosgate "Punch" 6x9 P1692S

Back
Top Bottom