Car question. Challenger vs. Camero

Bruh don't finance a car. Once you drive it off the lot it's not worth what you paid for it. If you must finance a car make sure it's used and no more than 15k.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Face it OP... You're only in it for the "cool" factor!

Get yourself a reliable transportation that'll get you to point A to point B.

Enjoy bringing home $2500 a month and being debt free as a College student.

Don't make the mistake MILLIONS of people do, which is investing in a vehicle. Save up for a house, or save up for emergency!
That's a great income for a college student, but will it last for the 5-6 years that you are paying for the car.  $2500 a month goes away fast when real responsibilities  like living expenses, school loans, car upkeep, and health insurance kick in.
I you have reliable transportation, then keep it well maintained and save. 
$70,000 in your bank account  > Challenger valued at $15,000 5 years down the road.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Don't make the mistake MILLIONS of people do, which is investing in a vehicle. Save up for a house, or save up for emergency!
That's a great income for a college student, but will it last for the 5-6 years that you are paying for the car.  $2500 a month goes away fast when real responsibilities  like living expenses, school loans, car upkeep, and health insurance kick in.
$70,000 in your bank account  > Challenger valued at $15,000 5 years down the road.
bolded and enlarged for emphasis. $@$% cars, stack paper

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by ricky409

What's wrong with a base model challenger or charger or Camero?

It's not "man" enough. 

real life? They look the exact same .. if you not racing, why spend an extra 5-8 G's?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
from reading the responses, I could've swore people on NT were smarter than this with their money.

Ultimately OP, you get what you want. Whether it's a basic model or the V8 models.

But look at it like this,  its an American car. Unless you don't plan on driving it much, you're gonna be losing out once you get done financing because the resell of American cars is pretty crap
laugh.gif

At the end of the day, I say invest in an Toyota or Honda, a nice reliable transportation that saves you money on gas, insurance, and overall maintenance. But again, it's ultimately your decision obviously but in my opinion, one decision is definitely smarter in the longer than the other.

Originally Posted by dts939

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

bolded and enlarged for emphasis. $@$% cars, stack paper

That pretty much sums it up! I mean, trust OP... you don't want that headache!

You got to think about the negatives also, what IF something happens? Like maintenance, what IF it breaks down or what IF you get into an accident?

Does your job provide benefits? Do you have medical insurance? How far long are you from getting your degree?

These are the types of thing you should be worrying about! Not some stupid car that loses half it's value in .34532 seconds.

they're heavy cars....made for a V8, you get a v6 and they're SLOW and drive like castrated bulls.

OP, get a used SS camaro, you can definitely get one for under 30k. and contrary to popular belief, they are pretty great on gas on things considered.

You make that much as a 20 year old college student? You're doing great OP. I know at your age I'd have the same mindset, trust. At 26 I'm tellin you save that an wait till ur done with school an get a reliable car for now.

I have a 11 6 cylinder charger. The new penstar engine is pretty good. It pushes 292 for it, and for the challenger I believe it pushes 305. I wanted the hem but, at the end I couldn't afford it. As I said, the new 6 cylinder is a nice cruiser.

All I got say is don't let people from major cities with huge public transportation systems gas you into thinking cars aren't important. They hoppin on the subway, you asking for rides.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

You make that much as a 20 year old college student? You're doing great OP. I know at your age I'd have the same mindset, trust. At 26 I'm tellin you save that an wait till ur done with school an get a reliable car for now.
Word, i'm digging this line of advice so far, but i feel you should go half and half, build up a decent parachute and then get that camaro.  Now you can maintain your monthly with ease and have savings untouched.  Gotta still enjoy yourself when you're young.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

da hemi.

No seriously OP go with the extra english lessons, and learn how to spell Camaro.
If there's an English course where the spelling of Camaro is brought up, make sure you drop before the add/drop period ends for a refund.  Corny #**.

I'll bring dat 'Maro out, word to my mother!

But really tho, with both those cars you will get tired of it and the payment way before it's paid for. Just make sure you remember your making a 5yr commitment. Not only that, the deprecation on those cars are crazy.

I thought you were all driving M5s? OP if you need a car, don't blow all that cash. Get something nice and reliable that would be easier on the pockets.

Originally Posted by SC415

I have a 11 6 cylinder charger. The new penstar engine is pretty good. It pushes 292 for it, and for the challenger I believe it pushes 305. I wanted the hem but, at the end I couldn't afford it. As I said, the new 6 cylinder is a nice cruiser.
nothing wrong with the new V6 charger IMO, its clean.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Wish I had this mindset a few years ago before I bought my car.
x10000

new whip is cool and all but debt isnt

I'm really not smh. I want one of these cars because I actually like them. I just wanted to know opinions from actual OWNERS. 

They still offer plenty of performance for the money, and really, most people can only afford the lower trims anyway.  Those V-8s at 35-40k have quickly gotten out of the reach of most people.

I dont NEED a car I just want one. I have an 08 Nissan Sentra that's paid for. I'm young, with a good job for my age and making nice money. It's just something that I want since I feel like I can save up and pay for. I'm not trying to "stunt" either by having two cars. If I do get the challenger or camaro I'm giving my sentra to my dad since the vehicle he's currently driving is dying on him. Oh and I have about 2 more years left in college to the person that asked. My major is computer engineering.
The English joke was lame by the way. It was just a typo smh get over it.

Originally Posted by Angryostrich

You can get a used fully Loaded 2010 Accord coupe EX-L for about 16- 17 k 
This.  The 30 year old you will thank you.  If you get the Camaro/Challenger, the 30 year old you will be mad for all the debt your are in.

Back
Top Bottom