He's hispanic?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
same reaction here
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

same here...
laugh.gif

Melo has been trying to get back to his Puerto-Rican roots....

Esp. since he got w/ Lala...

I think that's good of him
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Dudes dont think Tiger is black? He might not be off the block but Tiger is def black.

Tiger don't even classify himself as black.

And yeah, I thought more people knew about Melo's heritage.

Then again, I'm a Syracuse/Melo fan... So I guess that's why I knew.

Okay to those that say does he even speak Spanish as if that is the only qualifier of him being half Puerto Rican.
frown.gif

99.32% of this nation came here from somewhere else how many of you are fluent in your "native" tongue?
I'm sure you get the point here...
tired.gif

There's people who are 100% Boricua ,born in NYC but don't even know spanish
laugh.gif

So that little argument that "just because he doesn't speak spanish" is pointless if you look at it from that perception.

I know a couple of Italian people too in NYC, like 3rd generation and they don't know Italian.

I hope y'all know the point that I'm trying to make. (and yes even if Melo is only half)

99.32% of this nation came here from somewhere else how many of you are fluent in your "native" tongue?
I was born here in the US and am Filipino and can understand and speak Tagalog fluently. So I guess I'm part of that .68 percentile.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Of all the people, they pick Melo? Just because he's hispanic, doesn't make him influential. If you're looking in the realm of athletics, they could have found someone better to have on there.
You mad?

So his father was Puerto-Rican? I assume his father would've have taught him Spanish if he didn't pass away so early in Carmelo's life.

Originally Posted by bchimcuter

Is Carmelo Anthony black?

Yes, Hispanic is an ethnicity not a race. You can be both Black and Hispanic at the same time.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Originally Posted by bchimcuter

Is Carmelo Anthony black?

Yes, Hispanic is an ethnicity not a race. You can be both Black and Hispanic at the same time.
I asked my co-worker who is from Peru this question, and she said that if your black, you are black, no matter if your hispanic orafrican-american.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I had no idea Carmelo had Hispanic roots
laugh.gif

me either till i saw the puerto rican flag tattooed on his hand during the national anthem..

Back
Top Bottom