Carmelo Anthony takes horrible shots

Plus I think it's funny you guys continue to put some hope in Baron Davis, like he has a history of leadership of even coming right into camp in shape and having a back injury won't make that exponentially worse as well as a shortened season making that situation more urgent. I promise you, dude is fat, very. I had pics from last wk but I dropped my laptop and broke the hard drive

anyone who thinks Baron Davis will make any SIGNIFICANT change is a clown, this guy is past his prime and has a herniated disc.

How do u think I feel I was siting in the stands watching this awful game unfold..stat has been sucha let down this yr but the game was so over when Chandler fouled out, I mean without a good D they let almost every nugget drive to the basket no prob

These dudes are playing horrible.. but i fully expect them to make the playoffs and depending on the matchup probably make the second round. Are they championship contenders...Helll no not when you have toney douglas starting, Fields off the bench, and no real depth in the frontcourt...

Dudes are acting as if this team has all the pieces to win now outside of there 3 stars the rest of this team is trash (the exception of shump who can grow into a really really good player. Dantoni's system "worked" due to him having one of the best passing guards of all time.

the team was so much better before the trade. Fields has not been the same. they could have resigned Wilson Chandler and you really can't put a price on chemistry. Not only that, but fans--not just in NY were starting to like the Knicks. As soon as they got Melo, it was just like "Oh great, he cried, he got his way he ruined the chemistry." Not it becomes amusing to see them crumble. and baron davis is good for 5 or so games a year, Yes against top tier teams but this isn't 2006 and its not a contract year. Also, when he comes back he will be in even worse shape and his weight has always taken a toll on his knees. he's not going to be passing the ball much either. It's Baron davis. in 2012.

The trade last year might have been the worst thing to happen to the Knicks-- and don't they owe their pick to Houston? or is there some stipulation to that??

Originally Posted by Al3xis

This forum continues to put WAY too much stock into what happens in international play. Either from what actually happens or expecting players to morph into some new charitable teammate because they played nice with others.

Its not so much the competition as it is with the players you are playing with and the coach that is running the squad. Allot of these guys who are on these olympic teams are all around players its just they are never in a position to show it cause the nba team they play on doesnt have the players to showcase their talent was developed yet. Then when they built a team around him you saw all those traits ppl previously said he didnt have. Its not like with the exception of the jumpshot, mj skill level or willingness to pass be a dominate player and make players better magically came into fruition, it was always there, it just he was never in a position to use that aspect of his game. Kinda how iverson shot percentage went up, his shot attempts went down, his assist doubled, and his turnovers went down tremendously when he went to denver. Its not like all of a sudden ai got a new game. it jst in philly he couldnt utilize those skills. Many times ppl knock players for this.

The same thing is going on right now with john wall in was. He can be a more complete player, and it is more to his game then what we see. But look at the players and coaching hes surrounded by.

Esp ppl who have played bball at a high level, im sure whether you consciously know it or not certain parts of your game and the way you play your game changes with the caliber and type players you play with.

Melo has played with an All-Star PG, and All-Star scoring combo guard and an All-Star PF now. What else does we need to see him surrounded by to become this all around player that coaches and teammates have buried for this many years?

Plus, The two coaches he's recently been under emphasize ball movement, why do they stop once Melo shows up?

If Melo has a complete game he should be able to run a simple pick and roll (something his coach would love) and get the actual value out of Amare..but he can't, so he doesn't.

Melo has had every resource needed to change from a one dimensional scorer. This is year 9, there's little hope left. I've seen Kevin Durant's complete floor game improve and evolve in 2 years more so than I've seen with Melo for 9.

Originally Posted by GUNSnROSES

Knicks are garbage
laugh.gif

Melo has played with an All-Star PG, and All-Star scoring combo guard and an All-Star PF now. What else does we need to see him surrounded by to become this all around player that coaches and teammates have buried for this many years?

How many of those All-Stars were good passers though? The 2 All-Stars he had when he was on the Nuggets were Chauncey and Iverson, both of them known for their scoring ability. These weren't guys that were gonna go out and get you 10-15 assists on a semi-consistent basis. Billups is known as Mr Big Shot, not Mr Big Pass..Iverson was a decent passer when he was on the 76ers, but on the Nuggets his role was to be the #2 scorer behind Melo, not to be a PG that leads the league in assists.

Melo has never played with a Deron, Kidd, CP3, Rondo, etc type PG..That puts more pressure on him to create his own shot since nobody else is going to do that. Which current Knicks player is gonna set him up for an easy bucket? Toney Douglas?
sick.gif
Landry "I Got No Handles" Fields?
grin.gif
Iman Shumpert, a rookie that was originally drafted to be more of a shooting guard? Yeah he takes bad shots, but so does Kobe and I've yet to see a "Kobe takes horrible shots" thread

season is early.... by mid march all will be fine...

hopefully Dantoni is gone because his iso plays are YMCA status

We need a coach that will emphasize movement and a PG that will execute it. Knicks are the most stagnant team I've ever seen. Melo is a part of the problem no doubt but I find it hard to blame him totally when we consistently put the ball in his hands with 10-12 seconds left on the clock and everyone completely stops moving. One of two things results from that: Melo takes a contested iso shot or Melo passes it out on the perimeter for a contested three with the clock winding down. This is our offense every time down. My whole thing with getting Melo and Amare was that for that kind of combination to work you need a playmaking point guard, preferably CP3. Now that that is no longer a possibility we have to rethink our strategy. Melo is a great passer but he is not LeBron, you can't expect him to run our offense. Melo bringing down the ball effectively kills our fast break. I believe we're in the bottom half of the league in that regard. Melo is what he is, a scorer. It's D'Antoni's job to get the offense moving and reduce the amount of bailout iso plays. Melo and Amare are not so different from KG and Paul Pierce. The reason why that worked in Boston is because they had a PG who dictated the offenses movement and pace. Add in Ray Allen who creates all kind of havoc with his off the ball movement and a big man to lock the boards down and you have a potent offense. Trying to make the pieces we have run a D'Antoni style system is akin to trying to fit square pegs in circle holes.

As much as it pains me to say so the Knicks would benefit a ton from a coach like Phil Jackson, if nothing but for the movement inherent in the triangle offense.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

How many of those All-Stars were good passers though? The 2 All-Stars he had when he was on the Nuggets were Chauncey and Iverson, both of them known for their scoring ability. These weren't guys that were gonna go out and get you 10-15 assists on a semi-consistent basis. Billups is known as Mr Big Shot, not Mr Big Pass..Iverson was a decent passer when he was on the 76ers, but on the Nuggets his role was to be the #2 scorer behind Melo, not to be a PG that leads the league in assists.

Melo has never played with a Deron, Kidd, CP3, Rondo, etc type PG..That puts more pressure on him to create his own shot since nobody else is going to do that. Which current Knicks player is gonna set him up for an easy bucket? Toney Douglas?
sick.gif
Landry "I Got No Handles" Fields?
grin.gif
Iman Shumpert, a rookie that was originally drafted to be more of a shooting guard? Yeah he takes bad shots, but so does Kobe and I've yet to see a "Kobe takes horrible shots" thread

He played with Andre Miller in Denver for his first four years in the league. He's not a Hall of Famer but he's always been a very solid, underrated passer and overrall point guard.
I really think Melo and JR were a suped up version of Gilbert and Nick Young, those two should have been seperated from eachother ASAP. They both had the same chucking, no defense, "ima do me" attitude. Having the second most talented guy on your team with the same attitude, playing style and lifestyle as you makes it harder to change. You also had K-Mart and Nene who always wanted to go out to clubs. Birdman had his problems. Andre Miller has stated he doesn't even touch a basketball in the summer. So it's not like he had the best role models on his team.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I really think Melo and JR were a suped up version of Gilbert and Nick Young, those two should have been seperated from eachother ASAP. They both had the same chucking, no defense, "ima do me" attitude. Having the second most talented guy on your team with the same attitude, playing style and lifestyle as you makes it harder to change. You also had K-Mart and Nene who always wanted to go out to clubs. Birdman had his problems. Andre Miller has stated he doesn't even touch a basketball in the summer. So it's not like he had the best role models on his team.

I like that call right there. On point.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I like that call right there. On point.

Definitely a better comparison than Pierce and KG.... Lol

One thing about Melo, semi-unreleated, is that as it was more evident that he was going to NY this whole, "Melo is from NY" talk began. That dude is a Baltimore dude first and foremost. He might have been born in NY but anyone from this area knows Melo is 100% Baltimore. Then he started talking about I am coming home. Yea right dude.

I wonder if a trade centered around Melo and John Wall went down sending Melo to DC, would he be on the same "I'm coming home" steez?

Yeah I always felt like he was a b more dude. The first time I heard about Melo was back in his Oak Hill days, and when you asked where he's from it was always Baltimore.

Aside from that, Carmelo has never bought into a team first philosophy, and even though people have been criticizing Kobe's shot selection as of late, Kobe has shown throughout his career that he is willing to become a team player. Just making a comparison between the two because both have been in the position of being the leader for their respective teams for years now. That's the only way to really win at the end of the day, you may get yours but in the process of doing so don't sabotage the teams play overall. You have to get others involved in some way, and that has not really been shown by Carmelo at all this season.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Carmelo grew up in Baltimore not Washington...

He'd be in the DMV......is there an NBA team in Maryland that I don't know about?

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Yeah I always felt like he was a b more dude. The first time I heard about Melo was back in his Oak Hill days, and when you asked where he's from it was always Baltimore.

Aside from that, Carmelo has never bought into a team first philosophy, and even though people have been criticizing Kobe's shot selection as of late, Kobe has shown throughout his career that he is willing to become a team player. Just making a comparison between the two because both have been in the position of being the leader for their respective teams for years now. That's the only way to really win at the end of the day, you may get yours but in the process of doing so don't sabotage the teams play overall. You have to get others involved in some way, and that has not really been shown by Carmelo at all this season.

diff with kobe is he has ALWAYS had allstar players and significant role players to allow him to be that player. He has had this from day ONE. Melo not so much. and lets not even compare coaching staff and offensive playbooks. if you watch knicks games for the most part unless the other teammates  are wide open, they pretty much play hot potato with the ball untill like the 10 sec. mark then sit back and say ok melo do your magic.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by gllahone84

diff with kobe is he has ALWAYS had allstar players and significant role players to allow him to be that player. He has had this from day ONE. Melo not so much. and lets not even compare coaching staff and offensive playbooks. if you watch knicks games for the most part unless the other teammates  are wide open, they pretty much play hot potato with the ball untill like the 10 sec. mark then sit back and say ok melo do your magic.

Melo's teams in Denver were stacked, how can you say that he hasn't had significant role players?

Back
Top Bottom