Cavaliers V Magic GAME SIX Thread Vol: Do or die AGAIN

when you getting paid millions to ball, I deem it an obligation to stick around. I wholeheartedly understand a competitive person who lays it all out there onthe line every day of their lives and comes up short not wanting to talk to anyone. but we talking about a job here. Not here to call any names but againwhen you getting paid millions and living the life you are to do something that you love, are good at, and is fun, i find it an obligation.

that is all

and
roll.gif
@ that puppet gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

And as a Laker (Kobe?) fan, YOU are so predictable. Fall back.
laugh.gif
who said im a lakers fan? or a kobe fan?

I understand, your an AI stan. You have to spend your days proving to yourself that AI is better than Kobe so you constantly find ways to rag on Kobe. I am almost willing to bet that you spent at least half an hour finding that video which is pretty sad seeing as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Everyone: "Lebron is classless for just walking out like that"

You: "Its Ok because Kobe did it four years ago. See, I have the vid to prove it.
indifferent.gif
to you guys"
Son, you're wrong on so many levels.

No lie, I typed in "suns lakers game 7". Those were my search words. Try it yourself.

I just didn't remember what year it was that Kobe acted like a little @!%%+ by not shooting in the 2nd half against Phoenix. But I knew that he did. So the whole "searching for proof" took like 3 minutes. Strike 1.

I'm not an AI stan like you guys are Kobe stans. If you don't know the players I root for on here, then you really don't know me. Strike 2.

The thread should definitely be focused on Cavs-Magic, so I won't even go into anything else about Kobe (even though I was FAR from the first to even mention him). Ball 1.

But I just find it funny how so many people make statements to down specific players but when THEIR favorite player does something similar, there's some excuse for why their guy did it. I guess we can all be guilty of that at times. But the Kobe riders seem to take it to a whole next level.

once again, neither a fan of the Lakers or Kobe, so I dont really know why you keep mentioning it.

Two, even if Kobe did do the same thing 3 years ago (which it was pretty close to the same thing) does that all of a sudden make it right for Lebron to do it? Kobe makes a pretty classless move 3 years ago and it is classless. Lebron makes a classless move tonight and it is still classless. I dont care if Godhimself loses in game 7, if he walks of the court without shaking hands or talking to anyone its a pretty classless move.

Shuges, Kobe is already known or at least to be perceived an a hole

Lebron had that whole "I am REAL AND WHOLESOME and I love my team" stuff going on
and tonight he undermined all of that

which proves that it was all fake or that he is just an a hole as well

i'm not sure if you guys notice this..

from yahoo.com

When the Cavs came back out after halftime, Howard was practicing free throws. As he walked toward Cleveland's bench, injured forward Lorenzen Wright(notes), dressed in a suit, jumped up and grabbed the net and tried to knock out one of Howard's shots.

Is LeBron the first person to leave the court without shaking hands?

Some of you are making it sound as if he left while time was still on the clock.

Ya'll are so eager to hate on LeBron its pathetic. If you worked to get something your entire life and fell just short of it you might not want to talk toanybody other than your teammates either. And it's not a matter of money, respect, persona or any of the other bs that's been mentioned in here.It's about Bron being human. Ya'll expect demand too much from him. Especially his haters. Nothinghe does right is ever good enough and everything he does wrong is unnecessarily magnified. It would've been nice if he shook hands and spoke to reporters.Does it make him a bad person because he didn't? No. With all the crass garbage I've seen in the NBA over the last few years this flies so far belowthe radar it's hardly worth mention.

Everyone talking about LeBron working hard to get where he is, PLEASE! Every player on the court tonight worked hard to get where they are; none of them hadanything handed to them. LeBron's teammates talked to the media, and if anything, due to LeBron's natural talent, THEY had to work harder than him toget where they are ...

I havent read anything in this thread. but I'm a huge Lebron Shame fan, and the way he went out, is inexcusable. I dont care what his excuse is.

Also, I just noticed how awful his team really is. Delonte West really is terrible. Wally Z needs to retire and focus on golf, homie is trash. Lebron aintready for a ring, dude is not hungry enough, and this game cleary showed it. He lacked intensity, he should have been demanding the ball every possessiontowards the 3rd and 4th quarter. Barking at his weak teammates, and try to get something going.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by finnns2003

just thought i'd throw this out... i saved this sometime ago. a quote, from EnEyeKayEe

Cavs fan checking in (I'm unbiased)...this series is the #*$@! I can't remember the last game I watched that was as entertaining as game 2 LMAO ...since KG & Jameer Nelson are hurt, we're basically on cruise control till The Finals (I won't even mention that sorry +!* "team" from down south ). Here's to more HARD FOULS, techs, dudes acting hard when they are soft as baby poop (i.e. Luke Walton), & most importantly GREAT HOOPS. May the best team win
laugh.gif
take a seat young man.
EnEyeKayEe, where you at?!
laugh.gif

what the hell is ur problem dude?! get off my crotch, ive already posted in here after the game (go back a few pages)...since it seems u want ME to publiclyrespond (which I already have) as much as these LBJ haters want bron to do, i am:

2rfsrgn.jpg

if you are to lazy to look it up, I'm drunk as #!%$ & will make a well thought out, cohesive post tom when i sober up a bit...

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Ya'll are so eager to hate on LeBron its pathetic. If you worked to get something your entire life and fell just short of it you might not want to talk to anybody other than your teammates either. And it's not a matter of money, respect, persona or any of the other bs that's been mentioned in here. It's about Bron being human. Ya'll expect demand too much from him. Especially his haters. Nothing he does right is ever good enough and everything he does wrong is unnecessarily magnified. It would've been nice if he shook hands and spoke to reporters. Does it make him a bad person because he didn't? No. With all the crass garbage I've seen in the NBA over the last few years this flies so far below the radar it's hardly worth mention.
Son it's people like you that are wrong.

He is a professional. He needs to act like one. While in the limelight he is all for shaking hands and interviews. It should be the same after a loss.

You act like everyone else in the NBA isn't "worked to get something your entire life and fell just short ofit."

Every players dream is to win a ring. Every player has worked all there lives to get to the NBA one way or another.

LeBron is not the exception.

Yet most players find it within them to do the right thing after a loss and congratulate the winning team.

It is a thing of Gentlemen.

While I can understand what you mean when you mention the LeBron haters in here, there is some basis to what they are saying regarding this subject.

I am no LeBron hater. Dude has MAJOR talent. With that said, I'm in the group that CAN'T stand the media and all this LeBron glorification.

Like already stated, he could at least congratulated his Olympic teammate.

As a man he should of recognized that just like him, Dwight also wants a ring and lead his team to the final.

To conclude. Tell me this...

If some of the most idiotic, blinded, annoying, jock riding, Cleveland fans on Niketalk come on here and give Orlando props even though they lost, what doesthat say about LeBrons actions?

Some of the kids knew how to man up.

Yet LeBron cant do the same?

Come on now.

And yet some want to defend that?

Getting Millions to be a professional comes with great responsibility.

You must know how to WIN.

Hes proven to know how to do this since HS.

And you must know how to LOSE.

Tonight he didn't demonstrate how to do so.

Im glad that bum lebron and those fraud cavs and that fraud COTY is out! See ya bums! Oh yea its gonna be good not seeing some of you bum cavs fans talkelitist BS for awhile.

If it weren't for Odom and Gasol, the Lakers wouldn't have gotten to the Finals.

Don't forget Ariza. Both Gasol and Ariza these playoffs > any player LeBron had.

If LeBron had Kobe's supporting cast in the two losses in games 1 and 3, there is no way the Cavs would've lost = fact. I can't blame his teammatesfor this particular loss tonight, but if they had shown up in games 1 and 3, then tonight might not have been a day where the Cavs were out of the playoffs,but a day where they were resting for the NBA Finals.

laugh.gif
@ the logic that Kobe's better than LeBron because he made the finals. The very same Kobe fanboys who got sand in their Kob-gina when Paul Pierce saidthat he was the best player in the league when he won last year. But when they can use this logic to advance their Kobe fanboyism, then they're all for it.

For the conference finals

Kobe Bryant.........48.1% FG, 34.4% 3P, 93.1% FT
Lebron James....48.7% FG, 29.7% 3P, 74.5% FT

How about creating plays for your team....

Kobe Bryant........ 35 ast, 13 T/O, 2.7 A/T
Lebron James....48 ast, 25 T/O, 1.9 A/T

Kobe used 48 possessions to create 35 assists... a success rate of 73%
Lebron used 73 possessions to create 48 assists... a success rate of 66%

Also... Lebron shouldn't complain about his supporting cast as they weren't much worse than Kobe's:

Kobe' supporting cast.......... 50.0% 2P, 36.1% 3P, 76.8% FT
Lebron's supporting cast.... 49.9% 2P, 32.3% 3P, 74.7% FT

Dude, I don't know where you get the courage to mention stats. Do you really want to go there? I would've just mentioned LeBron's 35, 9 & 7averages these playoffs, but since you like the fancy overanalyzing stats, how about this one: LeBron had a player efficiency rating of 38 these playoffs. Thehighest PER Michael Jordan ever had over a playoffs is 32. Kobe has a PER of 27.

The bottom line is that LeBron is the best player in the league and is better than Kobe. Not better than Kobe eventually, he's better than Kobe today. Heplays on a horrible team with a horrible coach. Kobe plays on a great team with a great coach. In a Lakers-Cavs series where you take out both Kobe and LeBron,you're looking at a Lakers sweep, 4-1 tops. The Heat and the Thunder are the only two teams in the league who rely on a single player more than the Cavs.The Cavs are garbage and would've lost to the Celtics as well. They're not going anywhere next year either. LeBron has a great shot at repeating as theMVP though. He should just worry about individual accomplishments next season, because he's not going anywhere with these bums. In 2010, he needs to signon a team with Chris Bosh and finally get himself a legit #2 man after 7 seasons. Then he can seriously focus on winning championships.

Originally Posted by 731balla

Ya'll are so eager to hate on LeBron its pathetic. If you worked to get something your entire life and fell just short of it you might not want to talk to anybody other than your teammates either. And it's not a matter of money, respect, persona or any of the other bs that's been mentioned in here. It's about Bron being human. Ya'll expect demand too much from him. Especially his haters. Nothing he does right is ever good enough and everything he does wrong is unnecessarily magnified. It would've been nice if he shook hands and spoke to reporters. Does it make him a bad person because he didn't? No. With all the crass garbage I've seen in the NBA over the last few years this flies so far below the radar it's hardly worth mention.
Son it's people like you that are wrong.

He is a professional. He needs to act like one. While in the lime light he is all for shaking hands and interviews. It should be the same after a loss.

You act like everyone else in the NBA isn't "worked to get something your entire life and fell just short of it."

Every players dream is to win a ring. Every player has worked all there lives to get to the NBA one way or another.

LeBron is not the exception.

Yet most players find it within them to do the right thing after a loss and congratulate the winning team.

It is a thing of Gentlemen.

While I can understand what you mean when you mention the LeBron haters in here, there is some basis to what they are saying regarding this subject.

I am no LeBron hater. Dude has MAJOR talent. With that said, I'm in the group that CAN'T stand what the media and all this LeBron glorification.

Like already stated, he could at least congratulated his Olympic teammate.

As a man he should of recognized that just like him, Dwight also wants a ring and lead his team to the final.

To conclude. Tell me this...

If some of the most idiotic, blinded, annoying, jock riding, Cleveland fans on Niketalk come on here and give Orlando props even though they lost, that does that say about LeBrons actions.

Some of the kids knew how to man up.

Yet LeBron cant do the same?

Come on now.

And yet some want to defend that?

Getting Millions to be a professional comes with great responsibility.

You must know how to WIN.

Hes proven to know how to do this since HS.

And you must know how to LOSE.

Tonight he didn't demonstrate how to do so.

/thread

^You missed the entire point of my post. I didn't say he wasn't wrong. I said he's human. He should've manned up and shook hands, etc. Butya'll are riding him like this makes or breaks who he is as a basketball player. For the most-part Bron has carried himself with grace and humility farbeyond his age. One time he slips up and people are ready to label him as a punk, sore loser, selfish, fake or crybaby. IMO its not that serious.

I don't know how some of you are defending Lebron for how he acted after the game. So what if he worked hard to get where he's at, are you telling meno one else on the court, or on the magic's squad worked hard? If anything Lebron has had it easier with how everything has been given to him.
He acted like such a little sore loser. For not only an NBA player, but the face of the NBA to walk out like that is setting a terrible example ofsportsmanship to any kids that look up to his disrespectful +@!. Dude wants to glare around like he's so hard after everytime he does something good butwhen he doesn't get what he wants he acts like a baby. I know you guys can say that he's such a winner that losing hurts him so much and some other bslike that but he lost and needs to grow up and unfortunately it's not going to happen if the NBA and media keep spoiling him.
He's supposed to be a professional out there. I thought he was boy's with Dwight Howard, after the Olympics and everything, or was that just a phonyact?

^You missed the entire point of my post. I didn't say he wasn't wrong. I said he's human. He should've manned up and shook hands, etc. But ya'll are riding him like this makes or breaks who he is as a basketball player. For the most-part Bron has carried himself with grace and humility far beyond his age. One time he slips up and people are ready to label him as a punk, sore loser, selfish, fake or crybaby. IMO its not that serious.
I got you point.

What you have to realize is that he is a STAR.

The same way they MAGNIFY his accomplishments and plays is the same way some will MAGNIFY his mistakes.

If you or I do this at our local league I am positive at least someone will loose some respect for us.

It is what it is, people that like him will justify.

People that hate him will scrutinize.

People in the middle, like myself, will view it for what it is.

It was a mistake like you said.

Will this make him or break him?

NO.

But best believe some of his comrades will look down upon it just like I have.

Word to Chauncey Billups.

At the end of the day he has a manager/agent that will write up a nice apology to recite in front of an ESPN camera and somehow glamorize what he did.

Many people will forget it happened.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Why would he be shaking hands with the Suns?

They hate each other
grin.gif

truth

yeah Kobe and Raja are friends now..but they hated each other back then

hell...Raja nearly put Kobe into a rear naked choke...word to mma
laugh.gif

y'all making a big thing out of nothing. so what he didnt give every a hug or congratulated them. it's not the end of the world. so he felt bad. and hedidnt want to talk to the media. he'll get fined for that, cause it's something you have to do, or get fined by the league.

he should have had more sportsmanship to give the magic players some love, but he didn't. get over it. this is nothing that can damage his image. he'sjust a player that had his dreamseason ended. mvp, best record in the league, it doesnt mean a thing when you lose

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

y'all making a big thing out of nothing. so what he didnt give every a hug or congratulated them. it's not the end of the world. so he felt bad. and he didnt want to talk to the media. he'll get fined for that, cause it's something you have to do, or get fined by the league.

he should have had more sportsmanship to give the magic players some love, but he didn't. get over it. this is nothing that can damage his image. he's just a player that had his dreamseason ended. mvp, best record in the league, it doesnt mean a thing when you lose
The league won't dare fine their golden child ...

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

If it weren't for Odom and Gasol, the Lakers wouldn't have gotten to the Finals.

Don't forget Ariza. Both Gasol and Ariza these playoffs > any player LeBron had.

If LeBron had Kobe's supporting cast in the two losses in games 1 and 3, there is no way the Cavs would've lost = fact. I can't blame his teammates for this particular loss tonight, but if they had shown up in games 1 and 3, then tonight might not have been a day where the Cavs were out of the playoffs, but a day where they were resting for the NBA Finals.

laugh.gif
@ the logic that Kobe's better than LeBron because he made the finals. The very same Kobe fanboys who got sand in their Kob-gina when Paul Pierce said that he was the best player in the league when he won last year. But when they can use this logic to advance their Kobe fanboyism, then they're all for it.

For the conference finals

Kobe Bryant.........48.1% FG, 34.4% 3P, 93.1% FT
Lebron James....48.7% FG, 29.7% 3P, 74.5% FT

How about creating plays for your team....

Kobe Bryant........ 35 ast, 13 T/O, 2.7 A/T
Lebron James....48 ast, 25 T/O, 1.9 A/T

Kobe used 48 possessions to create 35 assists... a success rate of 73%
Lebron used 73 possessions to create 48 assists... a success rate of 66%

Also... Lebron shouldn't complain about his supporting cast as they weren't much worse than Kobe's:

Kobe' supporting cast.......... 50.0% 2P, 36.1% 3P, 76.8% FT
Lebron's supporting cast.... 49.9% 2P, 32.3% 3P, 74.7% FT

Dude, I don't know where you get the courage to mention stats. Do you really want to go there? I would've just mentioned LeBron's 35, 9 & 7 averages these playoffs, but since you like the fancy overanalyzing stats, how about this one: LeBron had a player efficiency rating of 38 these playoffs. The highest PER Michael Jordan ever had over a playoffs is 32. Kobe has a PER of 27.

The bottom line is that LeBron is the best player in the league and is better than Kobe. Not better than Kobe eventually, he's better than Kobe today. He plays on a horrible team with a horrible coach. Kobe plays on a great team with a great coach. In a Lakers-Cavs series where you take out both Kobe and LeBron, you're looking at a Lakers sweep, 4-1 tops. The Heat and the Thunder are the only two teams in the league who rely on a single player more than the Cavs. The Cavs are garbage and would've lost to the Celtics as well. They're not going anywhere next year either. LeBron has a great shot at repeating as the MVP though. He should just worry about individual accomplishments next season, because he's not going anywhere with these bums. In 2010, he needs to sign on a team with Chris Bosh and finally get himself a legit #2 man after 7 seasons. Then he can seriously focus on winning championships.
I hate quoting things without saying anything, but you've said pretty much what I wanted to express with that.

Ariza was key in clutch moments, but Odom was HUGE in the last few games for the Lakers, and Gasol did it all series.

Back
Top Bottom