Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30pm ET vol. Media Circus....

Regular Season Game #14
Cleveland Cavaliers (10-3) @ New York Knicks (7-6)
Game Date: Tuesday, November 25th, 2008
Game Time: 7:30 P.M. ET
TV: FOX Sports Ohio HD, NBA TV
Radio: WTAM 1100

Head Coach:
mike-brown_bench.jpg

Probabale Starters
PG: Mo Williams | 2008-2009 Stats: 17.2 PPG, 4.6 APG, 2.70 RPG

SG: Delonte West | 2008-2009 Stats: 11.4 PPG, 2.6 APG, 3.30 RPG
act_delonte_west.jpg

SF: LeBron James | 2008-2009 Stats: 29.1 PPG, 7.0 APG, 7.80 RPG
act_lebron_james.jpg

PF: Ben Wallace| 2008-2009 Stats: 2.9 PPG, 0.7 APG, 7.20 RPG
act_ben_wallace.jpg

C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas | 2008-2009 Stats: 14.8 PPG, 1.6 APG, 6.80 RPG
act_zydrunas_ilgauskas.jpg

The Rotation
4170.jpg
4481.jpg
3329.jpg
3847.jpg
3722.jpg
4195.jpg
3116.jpg

Daniel Gibson | JJ Hickson | Wally Szczerbiak | Anderson Varejao | Sasha Pavlovic | Tarence Kinsey | Lorenzen Wright

Inactive
4010.jpg
3045.jpg
4514.jpg

Jawad Williams | Eric Snow | Darnell Jackson

Head Coach:

Probabale Starters
PG: Nate Robinson | 2008-2009 Stats: 15.3 PPG, 4.60 APG, 4.5 RPG
act_nate_robinson.jpg

SG: Chris Duhon | 2008-2009 Stats: 10.4 PPG, 7.2 APG, 3.70 RPG

SF: Quentin Richardson | 2008-2009 Stats: 11.6 PPG, 1.3 APG, 5.90 RPG
act_quentin_richardson.jpg

PF: Wilson Chandler | 2008-2009 Stats: 15.2 PPG, 1.7 APG, 5.80 RPG
act_wilson_chandler.jpg

C: David Lee | 2008-2009 Stats: 12.2 PPG, 2.0 APG, 7.50 RPG
act_david_lee.jpg

The Rotation
3134.jpg
4001.jpg
3268.jpg
3284.jpg
3170.jpg

Malik Rose | Anthony Roberson | Al Harrington | Cuttino Mobley | Tim Thomas

Inactive
4468.jpg
3279.jpg
3514.jpg
3609.jpg
3099.jpg

Danilllo Gallinari | Jerome James | Eddy Curry | Jared Jeffries | Stephon Marbury

Cavaliers report: Notes, quotes

--The Cavaliers have been on a tear behind the 3-point arc in the last four games. They are shooting 40.4 percent from long range (36 of 89), and have outscored their opponents 108-66 from behind the 3-point line.

--The Cavs have never won as many as half their road games since F LeBron James has arrived in Cleveland in 2003. In fact, they've finished .500 on the road just twice in their history -- 22-19 (.537) in 1991-92 and 21-20 (.512) in 1995-96. They are currently 3-3 away from The Q.

QUOTE TO NOTE
"He's able to push the ball so he can create some tempo. He can create his own shot. He's a very, very good pick-and-roll player, and he's an explosive scorer. He can get it going. Plus he's not afraid of the big moment. He'll take big shots and make big shots." -- Nets coach Lawrence Frank, on Cavs G Mo Williams.

Tuesday Night's Fast Facts:

* Cleveland has won nine of their last 10 games and their 10-3 start marks the Cavs third best start in franchise history. The last time the Cavs started a season this well was the 1988-89 season when they started 10-3. Cleveland is winning games by an 8.2 point differential, which ranks 2nd in the NBA (Los Angeles Lakers). The team has an even higher point differential in home victories (11.1).

* The Cavs 7-0 start at home marks the third best home start in franchise history. The team started 9-0 at home in both 1991-92 and 1976-77. At 7-0 at home, Cleveland is the only team in the Eastern Conference and one of three teams in the league that is currently undefeated at home, joining Utah (6-0) and Portland (4-0). In seven home games this year, Cleveland is averaging 105.4 points per game and is shooting .497 from the field, while holding opponents to 94.3 points per game on only .425 shooting.

* The Cavs rank 6th in the NBA in defensive field goal percentage at .431 (434-1008) while allowing opponents to only score 93.1 points per game, which ranks 7th in the NBA. The team ranks 1st in the NBA in opponent rebounding, holding opponents to only 37.2 rebounds per game. Cleveland also averages 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks 7th in the NBA.

* Cleveland ranks 1st in the Eastern Conference and 4th in the NBA (Phoenix, Sacramento, Utah) in field goal shooting at 473-997 (.474) while ranking 2nd in the Eastern Conference (New York) and 4th overall (Los Angeles Lakers, Golden State) in the NBA in points per game (101.2).

* Cleveland shot a season-high .913 (21-23) from the free throw line against the Hawks and have shot above .800 from the line in seven of 13 games while winning all seven games. The Cavs .913 from the line is best Cleveland has shot from the stripe since November 26, 2005 against Minnesota when they shot .917 (22-24). The Cavs currently rank 4th in the NBA in free throws made per game (21.
glasses.gif
, rank 6th in the NBA in free throw attempts per game (27.7) and rank 8th in free throw percentage (.786).

* Cleveland also ranks 10th in the NBA in fast break points per game, averaging 13.2 points this season.

* Mo Williams is averaging 21.6 points on .506 (42-83) shooting and 4.2 assists in his last five games. He is currently 32-33 (.970) from the line on the season, which ranks 2nd in the NBA (J. Calderon - Toronto).

* Delonte West is averaging 14.5 points on .512 (21-41) shooting, including 10-20 (.500) on three pointers, with 3.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists over his last four games.

* Zydrunas Ilgauskas scored 17 points and grabbed seven rebounds on Saturday. Ilgauskas has scored in double figures in all 13 games this season and 26 consecutive games, dating back to last season.

* In three games against the Knicks last season, LeBron James averaged 42.3 points, 7.7 rebounds, 7.7 assists and 4.3 steals.

Match Up To Watch
Cavaliers Inactive Roster Vs. Knicks Starting 5

Cavs stomp a mudhole in the Knicks by 15.

I expect to hear MVP chants all night...

cant wait for this one. keep the win streak going. this media talking is gonna be nuts. like i said, enjoy bron while hes here man. enough of the back andforth, we know hes still wearing wine and gold for 2 seasons then who knows what. just go there and support the team, its the only decent team clevelands got. i cant imagine going to the Q and Bron being a visitor. would he be applauded or the most booed man to ever come back to OH? who knows. ESPN is alreadycalling MSG the Kings Palace.
tired.gif

i thought we had to wait til the day for gameday posts?
nerd.gif

This $@%$ is going to be hilarious to watch. LeBron might not even play the 4th
laugh.gif

I expect LeBron to go for 50 again tonight. Another Spike Lee, Fabolous, Jay-Z and Dexter(Flatbushfiyah) elevator meeting (Inside Joke within the Knickscommunity)??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

I expect to hear MVP chants all night...

and imma be there chanting. Arent i glad i got these tix last week before all this $%%% happened. I might go into the stock market
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

would it be illegal to get our PA guy (forget his name) to announce Lebron James like he would one of the Knicks? That would be
pimp.gif

eithr way im waiting for Lebrons name to be announced, i expect a full crowd and the Garden to be screaming when Lebron gets called, and im expecting numerous"Le-Bron James" or "2010" chants.

We gotta give "King" James the royal treatment and let him know that the Garden is his palace
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^Care to elaborate? It must be an inside joke.

One of our members (Knicks fan) writes for the NY Post. He was in an elevator with those people...I'll leave it at that. If I said the rest OuttacontrolMusic would implode
laugh.gif

Hopefully LeBron goes for 50, gets a standing O...and the Knicks win in the end.
laugh.gif

Like I said in the Knicks thread, I expect this game to be closer than most ppl think.

I still have the Knicks losing. But I see it more as a last-possession type game.

This will be the scene at the Garden. Too bad I won't be in attendance to 'Witness'
grin.gif

Hov will be in the building.

s3ehdt.jpg

Adoring, yet idiotic fan rushing the court randomly.

z8fm8.jpg

Steph with the fresh fit

x2p2xe.jpg

And a Knicks W.
pimp.gif

1zq83.jpg

Knicks always play the Cavs well.... i'm trying to make it to the Mecca for this one and on Sat for JC's return. def gonna be 2010 chants started by mein the 300 section

http://www.freshnessmag.com/v4/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/zoom-lebron-vi-big-apple-01.jpg

On Tuesday, November 25, NBA All-Star LeBron James makes his first trip of the 2008-09 NBA season to Madison Square Garden as the Cleveland Cavaliers take on the New York Knicks. Not only will the perennial NBA All-Star be returning to the stage where he scored 50 points last season but he will be doing so in a special "New York City" version of his latest signature sneakers - the Zoom LeBron VI.

The "Big Apple" Zoom LeBron VI sneakers take inspiration from one of LeBron's favorite cities, New York, by incorporating the color red throughout the shoe as a tribute to the city's famous nickname. This will be the third time that LeBron will wear a special "New York" version of his signature shoe. Two seasons ago he wore a "graffiti" edition of the Zoom LeBron IV and last season he wore a version of the Zoom LeBron V's that included pinstripes.

Fans looking to purchase the Zoom LeBron VI - "Big Apple" edition can do so in New York City on Friday, November 28. The shoe will be available at retail locations throughout the city such as Niketown and House of Hoops by Foot Locker and will retail for a suggested price of $140.

Originally Posted by Aye Shawty

http://www.freshnessmag.com/v4/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/zoom-lebron-vi-big-apple-01.jpg

On Tuesday, November 25, NBA All-Star LeBron James makes his first trip of the 2008-09 NBA season to Madison Square Garden as the Cleveland Cavaliers take on the New York Knicks. Not only will the perennial NBA All-Star be returning to the stage where he scored 50 points last season but he will be doing so in a special "New York City" version of his latest signature sneakers - the Zoom LeBron VI.

The "Big Apple" Zoom LeBron VI sneakers take inspiration from one of LeBron's favorite cities, New York, by incorporating the color red throughout the shoe as a tribute to the city's famous nickname. This will be the third time that LeBron will wear a special "New York" version of his signature shoe. Two seasons ago he wore a "graffiti" edition of the Zoom LeBron IV and last season he wore a version of the Zoom LeBron V's that included pinstripes.

Fans looking to purchase the Zoom LeBron VI - "Big Apple" edition can do so in New York City on Friday, November 28. The shoe will be available at retail locations throughout the city such as Niketown and House of Hoops by Foot Locker and will retail for a suggested price of $140.

smokin.gif
Them go hard...

BTW How is it possible for LeBron to do business like this playing in Cleveland???

*sarcasm

I can't wait for this game to be over and done with.

This HAS to be the only reason the coverage has been ridiculously inflated

Back
Top Bottom